Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902915 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, dry here yet and they were saying it's supposed to be raining!!!  we will see as the day goes on..  nothing planned for today..  I am going to grill some bacon wrapped pork tenderloins for lunch today!!  other than that not much going on today..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Mikeys restaurant is still open for biz!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Sounds like a lot of food for just 1 person. :confused: ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Sounds like a lot of food for just 1 person. :confused: ;) :laugh: :laugh:

I've always wondered that, too, Gunner.... :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. A dab of rain, .04" in the overnite, enough to keep everything damp & muddy. More rain on tap, the heaviest should be after lunch into late afternoon here. A couple light bulbs to change in the barn so will have to wrassle the extension ladder out from behind the hay stack & climb up in the rafters. Should make a run to the feed store to get some CD&T to vaccinate the last of the ewes & lambs tomorrow. Fewer doses left than necessary to get the job done. No anti vaxxer's here. Seen what happens when we neglect to renew a booster. Can mean dead critters and nobody likes that, especially the critter. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Why is it I now have that urge to need to get out and about. :pouty: :scratch: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Apparently we are in a winter weather advisory for later today. Man that Tanzanian coffee is tasty  :happy1: real lite drizzle here at the moment.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

hey I gotz ta eat!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Why is it I now have that urge to need to get out and about. :pouty: :scratch: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Apparently we are in a winter weather advisory for later today. Man that Tanzanian coffee is tasty  :happy1: real lite drizzle here at the moment.
TWC's hourly is talkin snow from midnight - 3 for you. Changin back to a mix by 4, 1-5" possible. :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Grillin' wedder here!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Figured you might be cookin for the neighbor again and/or havin some company over. ;) :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He's a pretty sneaky devil, ain't he?  :cool:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe!!!!    :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Figured you might be cookin for the neighbor again and/or havin some company over. ;) :smiley: :smiley:
:tut: :tut: no..no..  no.... No  :tut: he can't have company. Were in a lockdown. :tut: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  ran a couple errands and dang the main drag in town is almost empty besides Target,  cub and a handful of drug stores.  A few people driving but not much , even 35w looked quiet.  Speaking of Target the whipper snapper went their the other day and someone musta been carrying something which scratched up high on her vehicle and busted the  taillight,   :angry2: :angry2: . Soo called the dealership and they want 275 friggen dollars,  ya right I'll find elsewhere dude!! Stay dry fellas!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just replaced the Hi Eff furnace filter...%$#@! Man, I hate doing these, not to mention the price. Anyone else have one of these Aprilaire's, with the 5 combs? Figgered out a few years back if ya just lift tip of comb while it's laying on filter, way easier than trying to move filter/entire comb bewteen pleats.  :rolleyes:

https://www.thespruce.com/furnace-filter-replacement-aprilaire-space-gard-2200-1824767

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lucky to have Misgen's junkyard not far from the ranch Boober. Saved a bundle over the years on stuff like that. Was also a source of entertainment looking at old junk vehicles & tractors until he got sick of people ripping him off. Made my rounds this a.m. Got my overeating disease vaccine for the sheep. Doesn't work fer chit on people. I've tried. Jabbed myself with the needle numerous times over the years. Heard the first chorus frogs of the season in the slough behind the office. Recorded a paltry .01" of precip in town. Got my armyworm pheromone sticky trap in the mail so I can put that and the black cutworm trap out. Might try to put them out this afternoon yet ahead of the storm. Since black cutworm moths ride wind currents up from the south it's interesting to know if/when they're here.
« Last Edit: March 03/28/20, 04:21:45 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When  they land on my trees/plants.   :angry2:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Just replaced the Hi Eff furnace filter...%$#@! Man, I hate doing these, not to mention the price. Anyone else have one of these Aprilaire's, with the 5 combs? Figgered out a few years back if ya just lift tip of comb while it's laying on filter, way easier than trying to move filter/entire comb bewteen pleats.  :rolleyes: Our old furnace (carrier) was like that, just once a year replacement tho. Our high efficiency furnace now (carrier) just takes a 4" filter found at Ace hardware (2 times a year) and no combs.

https://www.thespruce.com/furnace-filter-replacement-aprilaire-space-gard-2200-1824767

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. A dab of rain, .04" in the overnite, enough to keep everything damp & muddy. More rain on tap, the heaviest should be after lunch into late afternoon here. A couple light bulbs to change in the barn so will have to wrassle the extension ladder out from behind the hay stack & climb up in the rafters. Should make a run to the feed store to get some CD&T to vaccinate the last of the ewes & lambs tomorrow. Fewer doses left than necessary to get the job done. No anti vaxxer's here. Seen what happens when we neglect to renew a booster. Can mean dead critters and nobody likes that, especially the critter.

That's one good thing about led light bulbs besides efficiency.   They last a really long  time so a guy doesn't have to go lugging a ladder around so much.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good storm going out there right now. Thunder, lightning, good rain, had some small hail. Lights flickering. S 'pose they'll going out for the 4th time this spring any minute... :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing it's rain not snow, we'd have blizzard. Ya'd almost think Gunner is up by sand lake. :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: really windy outta north. :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just light rain here...............

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just sent the dog out to do her duty, we got snow coming down. Big white wet flakes. :snow2: :snow5: :snow3: :snow4:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

That's one good thing about led light bulbs besides efficiency.   They last a really long  time so a guy doesn't have to go lugging a ladder around so much.

Tell me about it. Only trouble has been that getting LED light output to match that of the incandescents. They're getting better. I purchased a package of LED bulbs today that'll put out the equivalent of ~ what 100 watt bulbs would. The guy who sold them to me said they'll put out more light than that. We shall see. Was using 150 watt bulbs in the barn so will be interesting to see how they perform. Needed it lit up pretty good when I was fitting & trimming 40 - 60 head of show sheep every year. At two hours a pop minimum that was a lot of effing work & I did a lot of it after dark. Don't do that anymore so don't need that much illumination. Not sure I'll need the globes anymore either as the LED bulbs are tough enough so you can drop them on a concrete floor and they bounce. All I know is there are 8 of those bastages in our 40' x 72' pole building and it sure is a PITA when they burn out.   
« Last Edit: March 03/28/20, 09:54:43 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 38 here going for 50...  we will see!!  nothing to talk about for moisture..  but east and south east of here it's a different story I hear...  not much going on today, got a few things done already today and only a few more I'd like to do if I want to...  sounds like they have a positive for the virus in the Alex area now.. I think it's only a matter of time before it's state wide..  sure hope not though..   have a good day all!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning forum fellas,  35 and crappy out. Gotta a few errands to run today but I'm bringing the box of sterile gloves to wear at each stop. I see menardos has small bags of grass seed on sale, even though there wasn't squat for ads in the paper... wonder why. See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  25 here heading up to 50.  Was sure a nice day yesterday.  Still alive and healthy here.  I see on the Virus map that a few new counties are listed since yesterday.  The more we move around the more it spreads so be careful.  I too will wear rubber gloves when I go to the grocery store next time.  We went for a ride around the area yesterday and it was pretty quiet.  May go for another drive today just to get out and about.  We don't stop at any stores.  Started watching Ozarks yesterday so we watched a few of them.  Really good parts and parts I have a hard time watching.  You will know what I mean when you watch it.  They guy bought a strip club so there is that to look forward to.  LL  It is free on Netflix.  I had those pork chops on the smoker.  Never done anything that thin before and they came out petrified.  LL  I put some Sweet Baby Rays on them and still could barely eat them.  Will see if the are better today?????   Well have a great day all of you.  Be safe....  This is serious stuff!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Same weather here as LPS. We made our fishing trip across the lake yesterday. We had a good time. The weather was awesome, no wind and it was warm. The fish biting on the other hand was terrible. Hardly caught a fish and we tried several spots. Put on lots of miles. Oh well, we had a fun day. Was a good day to be out in the fresh air. Looking pretty nice out this morning too. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 36* now & headed for 45*. Back in the 50's tomorrow before the rain comes back on Wednesday. I don't think :scratch: we got near as much rain yday as they were predictin. :cool: Still no CBS here.  :confused: That's all I've got today. Stay healthy & be safe. Hope your Sunday's a good 1.