Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903411 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a good example of how vulnerable we are.  People that don't even know they have it are spreading it.  Just takes one to breath on you to get it.  Now they think the droplets stay in the air longer than they thought.  But a sneeze.  That is the kiss of death.  LLL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw internet post that went viral and turned into a "news" story - so I'm sure it was all properly vetted...  :scratch:

But apparently the father of one of those chuckle-heads who went down to spring break in Florida won't let him back into the house.  :happy1:

read that too!!   the mans elderly folks live there also and that is why he booted him!!!  and I love it!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That is a good example of how vulnerable we are.  People that don't even know they have it are spreading it.  Just takes one to breath on you to get it.  Now they think the droplets stay in the air longer than they thought.  But a sneeze.  That is the kiss of death.  LLL

Ya, just my luck. Got the deck furniture sprayed and lookin' like new, now I'll croak. :angry:

And who's this LLL person anyway?  :scratch:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  the grass is sure greening up this away amazing what some lightning and rain will do in the spring. Staked out the new garden, played fetch  with the pooches and plopped down on the patio furniture and didnt wanna move. But momma wants help with blts and pasta salad so gotta run.. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Afternoon peoples,  the grass is sure greening up this away amazing what some lightning and rain will do in the spring. Staked out the new garden, played fetch  with the pooches and plopped down on the patio furniture and didnt wanna move. But momma wants help with blts and pasta salad so gotta run.. :happy1:
:tut: :tut: NO hanky panky whilst cooking. :tut: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! You just wait til the whipper snapper moves out, and you thought boar types bad.. :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! You just wait til the whipper snapper moves out, and you thought boar types bad.. :sleazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, just my luck. Got the deck furniture sprayed and lookin' like new, now I'll croak. :angry:

And who's this LLL person anyway?  :scratch:

LLL+ laugh laugh laugh 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
This spot is a high current area just downstream, 1/4-1/2 mile from where they (DNR) set the nets for the walleyes to take the spawn. That's on the other side of Hwy 46 just east of the resort, they're normally in there sometime in the next 2-3 weeks gettin that done. Somewhere between 600-800 qts of fertilzed eggs are then taken in to GR most years.     
gunner...…..don't get me started on the DNR!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: they take these eggs from a lake that can naturally reproduce and stcck them in lakes that dont.............YET...…wont friggin put some new  fish that are natural to the lake in lakes that had winter kill...…... :angry2: :angry2: :confused: :taz: :taz: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead:

there now i feel better. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ANS i will be responding to that  :bs: email they replied to me. i just gotta figure out how nice or nasty i wanna be. :sleazy:

The eggs spawned in the lake produce only a few percent fry.   In the hatchery it is more like 98 %.   So like on Vermilion for example, they put back fry in the lake to more than compensate for the eggs taken.   And they have plenty left over for other lakes.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22 here this morning heading for the upper 40s. Sounds like we have some rotten weather coming. Rain starting tomorrow afternoon then turning to snow Thursday and Friday. More rain than snow. Da wedder morjits said more than an inch of liquid potential for us up here. That might actually knock the snow of of the ice and maybe get started on the ice. Maybe that will help the fish to start biting. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Still doing good here.  May go for a drive today.  25 here now and it did hit 51 here yesterday.  Snow still covers the ground but starting to brown up around trees and bldgs.  The rain JB mentioned may help to get rid of the snow here.  Hope it doesn't leave more snow.  Not much else going on here and that is a good thing.  Stay safe.  How are you feeling Rebs?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 going for 52 today and seeing rain and such in the future too..  not sure what today in store for me but will find out as the day progress's!!!  the ice is starting to change color too..  I see a couple pheasant roosters out side having breakfast!!  good to see them!!!  have a good and safe day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 35* now & goin for 52* but there's a bit of a northerly wind today so it won't feel nearly as nice as yday when we had 59*. We got the brothers car to the shop yday but it didn't get fixed as they needed to order some parts. 'Sposed to take it back to 'em on Thursday, so it's on hold 'til then. Not much else new today from down south. Stay healthy, be safe, & I hope your Tuesday is a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Got the Haralson apple tree pruned yesterday afternoon. Need to pay some bills, go to the bank and get back home. Moving feeders, hay & sheep around after that. Doubt if I'll get back at tree pruning following that as it tuckers me out not to mention making me good and grumpy. Grumpy enough without that. :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Still doing good here.  May go for a drive today.  25 here now and it did hit 51 here yesterday.  Snow still covers the ground but starting to brown up around trees and bldgs.  The rain JB mentioned may help to get rid of the snow here.  Hope it doesn't leave more snow.  Not much else going on here and that is a good thing.  Stay safe.  How are you feeling Rebs?

Just like the "kid" in Josie Wales...."pert as a ruttin' buck"!!! *AHCHOO*    :embarrassed:   OK, but I've had this head-cold sinus type thing for over a month now....$#@! Actually started before this COVID carp. Think I've got some good allergies goin'. Other than that........never did make it to house-cleaning yday. Wanted to be outside and get some stuff done.  In the 50's and sunny today, may wash rugs and hang over the deck in the sun to dry. Rugs in dryer wrecks that rubber backing on 'em. Gotta get crackin'...have a good one, guys. Stay well.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but this site has gotten quieter since the blue feller starting "working" from home???  or is it just me??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I was just thinkin the same thing yday, mike. ;)  I think the wireless printer episode over the weekend escalated it even more myself. Not sure :scratch: if he isn't back goin in to hall the last couple days again since he has no printer at home. :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe his wife Keeps an eye on him to make sure his nose is to the grindstone. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :rotflmao: If he's home, she's probably gone. :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :rotflmao: If he's home, she's probably gone. :rolleyes:
naw she's home...……….and where doing quite well actually!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

i'm social distancing!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: was quiet yesterday. spent most the afternoon outside, changed oil in the vehicles and puttered around. checked on things ocassionally and always had my phone with...…….till 4;30!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
today I think i'll get out and check air in tires, grease snowmobile trailer tires, maybe even take out our summer lawn ornaments. I also need to move my fishhouses to the back shed and move my summer stuff up to the garage. even got the snowblower ready for summer storage.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will this all be during your lunch hour? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope...…… I will have me cell phone on me.... I can take calls, see texts and see emails coming in on said phone. so actually I will still be working!!!!!!!! :happy1:

boss don't care where we work from as long as we do what we gotta do, when we gotta do it. heck, I only got one email from him yesterday and one other email worth looking at work wise!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok just checking.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope...…… I will have me cell phone on me.... I can take calls, see texts and see emails coming in on said phone. so actually I will still be working!!!!!!!! :happy1:

boss don't care where we work from as long as we do what we gotta do, when we gotta do it. heck, I only got one email from him yesterday and one other email worth looking at work wise!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
Do you have to wind the 8 day clock too, ?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Do you have to wind the 8 day clock too, ?
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: HUH??????? :scratch: :doah:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a reference to a "no-show" job, like in Chicago unions or as I first heard it used, jobs given to college athletes by the college or by boosters.     

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. No idea why I'm up....couldn't sleep. Bet a lot of that's going around. Cloudy and 51* today, chance of rain....Gonna try to do some boulevard raking just to get outside today. Like to do some some over-seeding before the rains later this week.
Would rather go fishing.... :fishing:    Have a good day all.
« Last Edit: April 04/01/20, 05:26:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yippy skippy April fools day. 31 here this morning heading for the mid 40s today. Rain moving in tonight then snow Thursday night into Friday. Then right around 30 for a couple of days. I agree Rebs. I would rather be fishing too. Have a good April fools day boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!