Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952502 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' gang! 39 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Looks like rain heading in tomorrow a.m. so everyone who's planting today will have their ears pinned back and be givin' 'er hell. Saw deer remnants yesterday deadeye when I was scouting alfalfa at the neighbors. A couple carcasses, probably road kill that boar must've missed on his way thru.  ;) Also little piles of wild coffee beans.  :scratch: Sure was a nice day. 78 at one point. Better get back at 'er. Feel like a gopher. All I do is dig up people's corn.  :confused:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: that's the same way boar finds his fish for the contest!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was watching the wolf river cameras for awhile, seen a few different species of fish, including a sturgeon!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Shorts and t shirt here in mayoville.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Back from GR by noon, had a little lunch & then put the mower deck on so that unit is good to go.  :happy1: Just seen 61* on the thermometer out in the garage, so a little nicer than they said it would be today. :cool: Some precip back in the fcast(50%) the next couple days up here too. Seen 1, Bemidji Channel, even mentioned a chance of some freezing drizzle overnight. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
was watching the wolf river cameras for awhile, seen a few different species of fish, including a sturgeon!!!

What is the Wolf river camera Mike?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A live feed from Waupaca county, Wis. Mostly started to see walleyes make their river spawnin run, there's a couple cameras. :cool:
« Last Edit: April 04/23/20, 05:57:13 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
A live feed from Waupaca county, Wis. Mostly started to see walleyes make their river spawnin run, there's a couple cameras. :cool:

What is the Wolf river camera Mike?

Gunner is right on.. just look up wolf river cameras!!!  kind of cool!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that the only way gunner's gonna see a big walleye!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :fish2:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I went to the land to do some work around the cabin.  She said spring cleaning a cabin beats sitting at home.  Lucky me.  I put up a blue bird house and could hardly believe it when a blue bird went in to inspect it less than two minutes later.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I went to the land to do some work around the cabin.  She said spring cleaning a cabin beats sitting at home.  Lucky me.  I put up a blue bird house and could hardly believe it when a blue bird went in to inspect it less than two minutes later.
yep, there building already in one of mine. I've also had Robin's trying to build a best under my deck in 4 different places. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
that the only way gunner's gonna see a big walleye!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :fish2:
  :bs: Caught & released a 26" out here last year. :tut: :mooning: :pouty: How do you even know what 1 looks like? :scratch: Morey's or does Boar send you some pics? :confused:                    :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                                     

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
jerkbait, my guess it if you look around enough you will probably find the other parts.  Hard to imagine why somebody would just take those parts.
Good luck.

I have the same thought too. I am planning to comb that area thoroughly this weekend. Hoping I might even find the other stand that grew legs in that same area a couple of years ago.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 33* last I looked & about(60) the same as yday for the high. Not sure what my project will be today :scratch:, got a few in mind. Nothing reall pressing though. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here this morning and heading for the mid 50s today. TGIF!!! Looking like a nice weekend. Will get some spring cleaning down and plan to get the truck all washed up with the nicer weather. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, going for 61 today so sounds good!!  maybe a chance of rain too, but thats ok..  I did get a few things done yesterday and maybe a few more today..  darn nice looking day so far!!! have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Got all of the straw off the tank yesterday.  May start up a chain saw today and start working on a big boxelder tree that came down in a storm last winter.  Not liking sapsuckers.  He is really raising havoc on a nice maple tree that I moved in about 8 years ago.  They are terrible birds as far as wrecking trees.  Especially maples.  A friend of mine was at a tree seminar a few years ago and the tree guy said it is better that they are not around.  LOL  Enjoyed the draft last night.  We got two good guys I think.  Have a great day.
« Last Edit: April 04/24/20, 11:00:20 AM by LPS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 45 at choretime heading for a high in the lowe 60's. .52" of rain a the ranch & .58" in Bugtussle proper. Idled the planters for today annaway. Nice rain actually. Came nice & easy. Good for those who planted a little on the shallow side.  On tap for today is faucet repair. Old faucet that takes a washer so will have to got to the little hardware store in town to get one. Need to plop another round bale in the feeder for the sheep tonite. Lotsa pruning crap, sod and crushed rock to pick up for the weekend. Fun never stops... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy Saturday! 33 here this morning, heading for mid to upper 50s again today. Sure was a nice evening yesterday. No wind at all. So far it is a nice morning here. No wind yet. Plan to do some spring cleaning and hopefully wash the truck today. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Time to go grab some decaf. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like you and I are the only ones up JB.  I made it to the Vikes first pick last night.  Looks like he will be a great lineman for us.  I have some Tanzanian brewing as we write.  I would say it is my favorite of the test batches from Coffee.  SO I am back on the caffeine again.  No more than 2 cups and I am alright.  I may do a combo with decaf and real stuff tomorrow.  I am gonna do more yard work this morning whilst I wait for the draft to start.  Gotta put something on the grill or smoker today too.  Now sure what though.  Have a great day all of youse. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 35* when I 1st looked. Headed back north of 60*, we had 64* here again yday & it was so nice ~ 4 yday that we broke out the lawn chairs to have our 1st HH sittin outside. I stayed busy yday too as I fired up 3 pcs of equipment in the morning that hadn't run in at least 6 months. With the old rider goin I used it most of the afternoon to clean up all the leaves along the drive & out by the boat shed. The ice in the bay is disappearing quickly & if we get any of that rain that's in the fcast for tomorrow night most of it will be gone by Monday IMO. We have some company comin up tomorrow as Sis has next week off. That's all I've got today, have a good 1.
« Last Edit: April 04/25/20, 07:20:51 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, clear sky's here too and very little wind.. did get a few things done outside yesterday and had some burgers on the grill for supper!!!  looks like today could be about the same weather wise as yesterday...  have a good day all!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G’morning.   Sunny and warm here so far.  Good day to keep working on a construction project.  Finding muscles I forgot I had.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Must've been a passing shower overnite, .01" of rain in the gauge this a.m. at the ranch. Looking like some showers on tap for afternoon. Saw a toad yesterday after I plunked the round bale in the sheep lot. Lots of birds this a.m. Flickers, brown thrashers, white throated sparrows and a male cardinal for starters. May put out the oriole nectar feeder soon. The hummers can use it too if they show up. Trying to get mentally prepared to pick up and move crap around the yard. Might take some extra coffee. Maybe some tincture! In the meantime, sure is peaceful around here w/o the resident pot stirrer!  :rotflmao: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed that too Dotch!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed that too Dotch!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:scratch: I was waitin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for someone else to bring that up  :happy1: :cool:...................................this time. :applause:                                                        :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 40* at 1st peek, gonna get back in the low to mid 60's again today. Had 66* yday. There's not much ice left in the bay & what's left will be gone today.Some precip in the fcast for tonight & tomorrow. Phone rang 15-20 minutes ago & it was Sis they were just leavin DR so they should be here any minute. So I better go, have a good Sunday.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Say hi to Sis Gunner...   LLL  Cloudy here and chance of some sprinkles but tonight we have 90% chance of rain.  Pretty windy here too.  Things started to green up around here.  We had a fire in our ring yesterday so got some sticks burnt up.  Was a great day to sit by the fire.  I think we are going for a drive today for something to do later on.  Have a nice day. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.  MAYBE the long-awaited spring is finally here.  I'm really liking the nice weather to get the projects done before the major holiday gets here.  Lakes are opening up here in the north country and I am planning to be ready.  As much as we are taking advantage of this weather and as much as I hate to say it, we could use a bit of rain just to green things up.  Another day of construction on the agenda today.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 here going for the mid 60's. another nice day!!  I did get a bunch of yard work done yesterday, and it's good..  went on a short bike ride too yesterday and I think I will today too.. talking rain tonight here too..   but I have a few things to do today so have to get them going first..  have a good day all!!