Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902211 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya Scenic I wondered what you were building too and didn't know if you had already mentioned it but I missed it.  Beautiful morning here.  39 at the moment.  I have a friend coming over to weld up some brackets for his dock.  I have some dock repair too.  I got the wheel kit yesterday so will make moving it much easier.  On my way home I stopped at Glenn's cabin to have a brewski and Gunner was already there sitting in a lawn chair drinking up Glenn's Ol Mil light.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I am having the last of the Tanzanian/Decaf combo as we write.  Gonna have to order some from Coffee. Hope you all have a fun day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...…….. geez I wonder where that old swill was at...……...I haven't drank that since my late 20's early 30's. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: if that wind dies down later I'm looking to plant some stuff in the garden. kinda tough to put small fine seeds in when its windy. :confused:

have a good day gentlemen!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya Scenic I wondered what you were building too and didn't know if you had already mentioned it but I missed it.  Beautiful morning here.  39 at the moment.  I have a friend coming over to weld up some brackets for his dock.  I have some dock repair too.  I got the wheel kit yesterday so will make moving it much easier.  On my way home I stopped at Glenn's cabin to have a brewski and Gunner was already there sitting in a lawn chair drinking up Glenn's Ol Mil light.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I am having the last of the Tanzanian/Decaf combo as we write.  Gonna have to order some from Coffee. Hope you all have a fun day.
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: No Old Mill Light here............................................. :puke: ever .........................or at least that I can remember!! :drinking: ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend of mine used to drink it.  Not just Ol Mil but Ol Mil Light.  Went down easy but came out the same way.....   If you know what I mean....  Must have to get used to it.  I never did.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Like back in the day, the slogan for some beer was "the one beer to have when you're having more than one"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. .18" of rainfall at the ranch and another .05" in Bugtussle proper. Likely won't be much activity in the fields today. A little too damp, maybe tomorrow again. About 75 - 80% of the corn is in the ground and ~ a third of the beans. Haven't had an Old Swill in ages. Usually not all that fussy but I do draw the line at Hackstein. Absolute goat piss. Made in Cold Spring. A lot of bad things come out of Cold Spring I'm told... :rotflmao: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Use to sell Western beer out of Cold Spring when I worked at Coborns in Waite Park 3 cases for $5.99 in 1974. Still was a RIP off

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.   Nice out here this morning.  Another day of construction is in order.  Pushing to get mostly done by the holiday (fishing opener)   Once that hits it progress will slow down for a bit.  We have been really lucky with the weather for this project so far.
What kind of construction project you working on Scenic????

Decided we needed a bigger garage so putting up a 60 wide x 56 deep.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Use to sell Western beer out of Cold Spring when I worked at Coborns in Waite Park 3 cases for $5.99 in 1974. Still was a RIP off
I remember that beer, that was gawd aweful. but then so was most of the beer made there.

when I was at DCI I did some field work at the brewery. after we got done the brewmaster invited us to the brew room. we had a few kegle braus with him. that wasn't to bad but it was before it got pasteurized or whatever they  did to it before it was bottled.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Dad and his buddies used to get Western and that cheap stuff when they were broke from raising us kids.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hackstein showed up at the office here several years ago when our resident Swede was trying to impress us with his thriftyness. Not impressed. The Hackstein Ice was the worst. We were tiring of people pilfering free beer out of our cooler at State Fair so we took 2 coolers: One with good stuff in it that we hid and one full of Hackstein everyone could get at. All the freeloaders drank it but whined about how bad the beer was. Told them hey, I'm drinkin' it & to buy their own if they didn't like it (while sipping on a MGD Light in a koozie.)  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/29/20, 01:07:30 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.   Nice out here this morning.  Another day of construction is in order.  Pushing to get mostly done by the holiday (fishing opener)   Once that hits it progress will slow down for a bit.  We have been really lucky with the weather for this project so far.
What kind of construction project you working on Scenic????

Decided we needed a bigger garage so putting up a 60 wide x 56 deep.
you do know that its still not going to be big enough...……….right. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.  Already mentioned we should have went 80'

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hackstein showed up at the office here several years ago when our resident Swede was trying to impress us with his thriftyness. Not impressed. The Hackstein Ice was the worst. We were tiring of people pilfering free beer out of our cooler at State Fair so we took 2 coolers: One with good stuff in it that we hid and one full of Hackstein everyone could get at. All the freeloaders drank it but whined about how bad the beer was. Told them hey, I'm drinkin' it & to buy their own if they didn't like it (while sipping on a MGD Light in a koozie.)  :happy1:

Thot you said you had good stuff in the stash...MGD Light?      :tut: :thumbs: :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We're talkin' Mich Golden Draft Light not Miller Genuine Draft Light there Delbert. Seldom drink it anymore. My taste in beer changed & I like more of a variety these days. That Border Bar stickman pizza washed down with a pitcher of amber bock would be mighty tasty tonite, especially if making the jaunt into Canada afterwards.   :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We're talkin' Mich Golden Draft Light not Miller Genuine Draft Light there Delbert. Seldom drink it anymore. My taste in beer changed & I like more of a variety these days. That Border Bar stickman pizza washed down with a pitcher of amber bock would be mighty tasty tonite, especially if making the jaunt into Canada afterwards.   :happy1:

Or you could go full canuckistan LaBlatts Blue

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the correct verbiage would be Mick Skinny!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :bow: :bow:

that is why i'm a lean mean sexy machine!!!!!! :nerd: :sleazy: :smoking:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
"Or you could go full canuckistan LaBlatts Blue"

We have that once we arrive at camp. Usually just thinning the herd from all the stuff people have left behind over the course of the summer. Along with LaBatt's, there's been Molson's, Moosehead, Heineken, Hamms, Schmidts, Bud, Miller, Miller Lite & lord knows what else in the beer fridge. Drink those when we're taking a break from splitting wood. No need to bring beer across, just our obligatory liters.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/29/20, 04:20:08 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  dang I've been thirsty for hrs with all the beer talk on different threads  :happy1: . Not much new this away, picked up more garden stuff, mainly fencing and 24' of trellis stuff. Some sort of cheese tortellini and garlic bread tonight and momma is still bustin on the computer so I'm sure I'll be told to start it... it's gonna cost her. :happy1: See ya!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Old Grand Dad. In moderation of course. :smoking:
20 years since I've had a Pall Mall though. :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank goodness the Pall Mall thing is over.  Man I did a pack of them once in a while.  That is a cig!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
They hurt so good!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I quit cigs in 1987 after quitting many times.  It was time and glad I quit.  I can't believe how much they cost.  I still have 2 friends that smoke them.  They both have health problems too.  Baffles me. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Scenic, nice shed.  I always figure, keep building until you reach the property line.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I quit cigs in 1987 after quitting many times.  It was time and glad I quit.  I can't believe how much they cost.  I still have 2 friends that smoke them.  They both have health problems too.  Baffles me.

Quitting was one of the hardest things I ever did. I've never been a quitter. Smoking a carton and a half a week would sure cost a fella lot a cash these days.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Scenic, nice shed.  I always figure, keep building until you reach the property line.  :rotflmao:

Thanks!   It didn't start out quite that big but then we added the lean-to's off each side.   One should never decide final building plans after working outside on the ground on something.   It's a lot like grocery shopping when you are really hungry  :bonk:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Got tomorrow off to go chase turkeys this weekend. My first time, kinda pumped. Put gas in the F 150 yesterday. Sure was nice paying $38.75 to fill instead of $75.38 like a few months ago. Quit smoking 14 years ago for two reasons.
Number one was first grandson was just born and I wanted to hang out with him (and his future siblings) as long as I can.  :happy1:
Number two, the price of cartons just went to $52.00 a piece. Have a great weekend everyone.   :thumbs:
mm

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning. Clear, sunny and 25 here this morning but looking like a great day.  I'd like to say I'm going fishing today but not happening.  Have a great day everyone

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!  yeas no smoking here anymore either...  don't miss it either!!  36 here going for 66..  nice blue skys this morning too..  hey Markn Eldens had yesterday St. Louis style ribs for $1.69 and whole pork butts for $1.29...  no limit, I get 2 of each...  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Only 28 here but a nice clear day and the wind isn't blowing.  Well not yet.  I filled up the other day too Markn and it was nice to see how cheap it was.  It is back up to $1.49 here now.  Of course they jack it up to get the fishermen that come up.  Well I got the wheel kit on the shore end of my dock Porta Dock yesterday.  I had to do some bending and welding on it too from where I hooked up a chain to pull it out of the river when it came up so much last year.  We had those torrential rains and it came up so fast.  Finally had to pull the dock so the boards didn't float away.  Now with the wheels on both ends I can push it easily.  I see the nuthatches have nested in one of the tree swallow nests which is just fine.  The tree swallows took another house on another pole so all is well here.  Gonna try to get the dock in the river today.  Hoping to get my boat out of storage today.  I don't know why it is taking so long this year.  I am trading it in at Ray's Marine in Bemidji.  Used to be Corner Sports.  I ordered a Lund Alaskan 1800.  I have never had a new boat and hoped I could get one for retirement and it all came together for me.  Getting it all set up the way I like it too which is fun.  There is no carpet which I like and no raised front casting deck.  It is all on one level.  Nice to go up and pull anchor and not have to climb up there.  So it is 18'9" long so should be a nice ride.  I got Cobalt Blue.  Has a 90 Merc 4 stroke on it.  Should get it in July.  Can't wait.  Well enjoy your day all of youse.   :happy1: