Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902319 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A bright sunny morning again here.  It got nicer here yesterday than they said too.  I cleaned the gutters.  It was so windy that some of the helicopters I threw out blew back in so had to grab them again.  I saw some burdock from last year that I missed that I am going to get today and put on our fire pile.  May even take a trip to the landfill.  AND I did fire up the mower too.  It started right up so I mowed by the house on the south side.  Only took a couple of swipes.  Didn't want to let too much heat out.   :happy1: :happy1:  Have a great day to all of you!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning all.   Bit chilly start to the day at 26 here this morning but clear and sunny.   Just been pounding nails and putting in screws.   Building is getting closer by the day.    Yesterday I did have a great experience....had a real wood tick crawling on my arm.  What made that great is that it's the first "wood tick" and not a deer tick for once.   Have to find that positive thing in each day I guess.    Have a great day all. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.....its ALMOST man i wanna go fishing day!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :evil:

picked a good bunch of asparagus last nite! :rotflmao: then proceded to give 2/3 of it away to my mom and nephew!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: need to clean more winter onions tonight.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That don't have a very long growing season usually, does it?  :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope, neither one. the aparagus maybe another month. the winter onions probably 6 to 8 more weeks. the onions when they start showing signs of growing the seeds on the top. even before that they start getting stronger and more woody.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My mom always said you could harvest asparagus  safely up to July 1, same with rhubarb.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My mom always said you could harvest asparagus  safely up to July 1, same with rhubarb.
i'm not denying that, i just decide to quit when it starts becoming a little woody......or to big after i havent been able to go get it in a timely manner!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked out asparagus yesterday and see no activity yet.  I did get my first woodtick yesterday too.  I was on the phone and felt a tickle on my leg so dropped trou and there it was.  The wife wondered what I was doing.   :rotflmao:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Asparagus here is not up yet either.  I keep checking it because it can be none one day and tons the next once it comes up. I normally quit picking around the first of July as well.   Going to add 12 more roots to the patch this year.   What do you guys fertilize your's with? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is spread around here so I have to remember where they are.  SO you dig them up and move them Scenic?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Asparagus here is not up yet either.  I keep checking it because it can be none one day and tons the next once it comes up. I normally quit picking around the first of July as well.   Going to add 12 more roots to the patch this year.   What do you guys fertilize your's with?
well..........where i have it planted, my friend puts good old farm land fertilizer on it as he grows sweet corn right along side of it.. he also throws his remanents of cleaning fish back there.

me........i use 10-10-10 or this milorganite. and lightly rake it in.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Made 63 yesterday but didn't feel like it out in the fields with the NW wind blowing. Freeze warning tonite. Everyone panic! We're all gonna die! You'd swear this has never happened before the way some act. Gonna cover some of the tender vegetation and I think "we" can cover the Haralson tree by hooking a couple 12' x 16' tarps together. There's that singular "we" again... :rotflmao: 
« Last Edit: May 05/07/20, 09:31:09 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We could cover your trees with toilet paper.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
It is spread around here so I have to remember where they are.  SO you dig them up and move them Scenic?

No I bought some more roots.   I ordered them from a seed place.  But you sure can move it too.  I would probably do that as early in the season as I can.  Plant it plenty deep.

[/quote]well..........where i have it planted, my friend puts good old farm land fertilizer on it as he grows sweet corn right along side of it.. he also throws his remanents of cleaning fish back there.

[/quote]

I put 10-10-10 on it last year as well.  I would put the good stuff and fish cleanings on it but the pups love to roll in it to well..  :bonk:
« Last Edit: May 05/07/20, 12:04:49 PM by Scenic »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well..........where i have it planted, my friend puts good old farm land fertilizer on it as he grows sweet corn right along side of it.. he also throws his remanents of cleaning fish back there.

:scratch: You shouldn't have to buy :tut: :sleazy:........................ aw, never mind, I'll be nice this time. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: You shouldn't have to buy :tut: :sleazy:........................ aw, never mind, I'll be nice this time. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

No I bought some more roots.   I ordered them from a seed place.  But you sure can move it too.  I would probably do that as early in the season as I can.  Plant it plenty deep.

[/quote]

I put 10-10-10 on it last year as well.  I would put the good stuff and fish cleanings on it but the pups love to roll in it to well..  :bonk:
[/quote] :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh yea.the puppies love that stinky smelly stuff. gunner does that on date nite in Inger!!!!!!!! :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: :scratch: So now your an expert on stinky & smelly?  :rolleyes: Where do you do your sampling, at work? Home?  :confused: :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: :scratch: So now your an expert on stinky & smelly?  :rolleyes: Where do you do your sampling, at work? Home?  :confused: :nerd: :nerd:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

You can pick established plants for 6 to 8 weeks.   Then you need to let it grow and save up for next year. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Local station had propane for $.50/pound today.  I saw this a few days ago so yesterday I brought back two empty 100 pounders and had them filled for $50 each.  Being I had some spare time today, I picked up my DR walk behind brush mower and a Swisher tow behind brush mower that were stowed at my Brother in laws.  Went over the walk behind, lubed, changed oil and sharpened the blade.  It's now ready for another 5 years of hard labor.  The Swisher may take a little more work as one tire is flat and won't seat on the rim.  Oh well, something for another day.  :bonk: 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 26 here now.  Mostly sunny.  Gonna be in the 40's today.  Got a lot done around the place yesterday and did the run to the landfill.  Was good to see the guys out there.  That battery for the pontoon still had some ice in the middle cells yesterday.  Hard to believe.  Will put the charger on it today.  Maybe get it launched, we shall see.  Have a good one.  The radio just said an inch of snow possible near Warroad tomorrow morning. 
« Last Edit: May 05/08/20, 06:27:28 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 27*here & gonna hit 45*, I hear. We had a boat out in the bay yday afternoon late, think it was 1 of the neighbors up the road though. A couple more places got their gear in the water again. One place hires it done & it looked like it took a crew 4 guys 4-5 hours to get that done. Wouldn't want to see that bill. Our neighbor showed back up ~ noon too. Made a little progress on my organizing of the boat shed yday, still more there. All I've got for today, have a good day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here going for 48..  rather cool!!!  gonna smoke a pork butt today to make pulled pork, looking forward to eating that...  also gonna buy some turkeys and donate them to meals on wheels today, sounds like they are having trouble getting supplies too..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
boy LPS you are up early too I see!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Same forecast as LPS here. TGIF!!!! Well, starting Monday here it will be Mandatory to wear a mask. Figured it was coming. Oh well, just go with the flow I guess.  Not sure what the weekend will bring yet. If things go well, maybe  get the dock in. If not oh well. The one thing I will be doing is going to a friend that farms and getting rock for the shoreline. Need to add rock to the south side of ramp. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I wondered if anyone would notice.  I am not the first one to post in the morning very much.  The dogs come in the bedroom about 6 to get one of us up to feed them.  So of course it is the fake asleep thing so the wife will get up.  I had an itch so when I moved to scratch it the wife made me get up and feed the dogs so I made coffee and stayed up.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I wondered if anyone would notice.  I am not the first one to post in the morning very much.  The dogs come in the bedroom about 6 to get one of us up to feed them.  So of course it is the fake asleep thing so the wife will get up.  I had an itch so when I moved to scratch it the wife made me get up and feed the dogs so I made coffee and stayed up.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

now she will know she can do that everyday now!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya.  Remember the thread the other day about them always being right.  It's true and I like to tease her about it.  I asked her something the other night and her answer was "I don't know".  I started laughing and almost passed out.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: