Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903458 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 43 foggy and drizzly here this morning, heading for mid 50s today. We got just over a half inch of rain yesterday and sounds like we will be getting some more rain later today. It was a nice steady rain last night. Soaked in nicely. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 45* when I started movin & we're gonna hit the mid-60's. We had some light rain in GR ~ 10 yday & it looked like DR had a nice little shower
 just before we went through there around 12:30. It was pretty dry out here until almost 6 last night & then it rained steady ~ 7-7:30. No idea how much we got, we can use some more, as the gauges aren't out yet but I see the Duluth news had Bemidji with .4" & Big Fork with nothing. A few things on the list for today with getting the decking on the dock a priority. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Gmorning.   We had a good rain here yesterday.  Misted most of the day and then in the evening it got a bit more serious.  This morning misty and foggy.  Not sure what is on the agenda today.  Might put plastic up in the project build and then might just go fishing if the wind stays down some.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  45 here.  Had to walk out on the deck to enjoy it not being in the 20 or 30's for a change.  Misty here now and getting darker out.  We had about a quarter of an inch of rain here.  The grass is really liking it.  Finally have warm weather in the forecast.  I am looking forward to that.  Not sure what I will do today.  I will think of something though.  You all have a great day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........another day closer to friday!!!! :happy1:  gonna head out tonight and check on my aspargus.....make a game plan for the weekend. a trip to fleet farm is also in order.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. .13" of precip recorded at both the ranch and in Bugtussle proper. Was more rain than anticipated actually so a moral victory in a spring where precip has been a little harder to come by. Drizzle last nite kept me from mowing so will have to get back at it tonite. Still working on my COVID coif. Might have to relent and get it cut. It's gonna get too warm purty quick.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not many pheasant chasers on this site, but I'm digging this dry spring!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I grew up in Luverne and it was a good pheasant hunting area back then.  I miss chasing them. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mankato area and ate many of those good things!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not many pheasant chasers on this site, but I'm digging this dry spring!!
me loves chasing Chinese chickens!; :happy1: do not have a hound now. :doah: :embarrassed: :cry: :cry:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 here going for 66...  clear skies this morning..  not much going on today so have a good day all!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The sun is coming out and looks like a nice day.  It is 46 right now.  That feels great.  So we can now plant the garden and flowers.  Not quite a half inch of rain yesterday and last night.  Gonna have to mow now too.  TGIF I guess.  LOL  That Hummingbird is going crazy here.  Good to see him back.  Have a great day all of you.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 and some fog in areas. Heading for a high of 59 today. I think the wood burner run for the last night last night. Looking like 60s and 70s next week. I haven't chased pheasants in many many years. We chase a different type of chicken up here, da ruffed grouse. But I spend most of my time bow hunting in the fall. Well, it is Friday and I will be off work all of next week. Our whole department is going to be furloughed next wee, except for 3-4 people that will do it a couple weeks later. I guess it is a week paid vacation via the government. That is how I am trying to look at it. We have to furlough at least 2 weeks maybe 3 before the end of July. So hopefully I will get some projects done around home. Probably go cut some firewood down at the hunting shack. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I better get the hummer feeder out then.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 46* when I was out & headed for 65*. A bit of a north breeze that's a little chilly. Got the decking on the dock yday am. Took a ride down to the access on Bowstring in the afternoon & it was the lightest activity of the week, only 2 vehicles. Not sure what's on tap for today, just going to wing it. Have a good 1

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I better get the hummer feeder out then.
Ours have been out since we came up, haven't seen 1 yet though. Was lookin yday too as I was thinkin that maybe it had finally warmed up enough for 'em.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............i feel a  :toast: :toast: and a  :campfire: in the very near future!! :happy1: also plan is to get the rest of the garden planted tonight!!!!! :happy1: maybe even an early out!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 49 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Got the lawn behind the house finished last nite. Being the lawn is a goofy shape, on a slope and having 30+ trees and shrubs to mow around, what would take under an hour if it was flat and square takes ~ an hour and a half. At least it looks nice when it's done or will a while. Rain coming in for tomorrow afternoon & evening, talking 1" - 2". Warmer temps next week so lawn won't look nice for long. Apple trees will explode and the warmth should make the bees active. Best keep at it.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that's a lot of rain Dotch.  I thought I would get to mow here today with the sun shining so bright this morning.  Just went for a drive and a walk with Buddy and it is now thick clouds and damp and not gonna get as nice as I thought.  May have to wait a day or two to mow here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused:  :angry2: :taz: :taz: pretty sur dotch infiltrated my puter!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :pouty: i log in and what shows up as my screen saver............SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:confused:  :angry2: :taz: :taz: pretty sur dotch infiltrated my puter!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :pouty: i log in and what shows up as my screen saver............SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yer WELCOME!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just wait til Glenn get that care package ya sent him Dotch!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
just wait til Glenn get that care package ya sent him Dotch!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Nothin' but the best fer my buddy (and his wife) !!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :tut: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :bangh itead: :taz: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 here this morning heading for the 60s today. It is a nice morning with no wind right now. The lake is calm. Hoping to get the dock and rail system in today. That will be the first project. After that the list is never ending. We have a couple bitch trees that died that we should get cut down too. Might be a good day for a fire too. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
bitch tree's? I like it jb, mornin peoples,  that sounds like a good plan jb, we gotta vehicle parade thru the neighborhood this morning then make our rounds to a variety of stores. The pooches took us on a 2 mile stroll already this morning,  we need the rain but I hope it will hold off since we have lots of gardening going on today. Have a good day fellas!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Having coffee and then off to Cambridge to pick up 90 bags of food plot seed for our local MDHA chapter. Looks like we’ll need a tarp for the trailer. Have a great weekend everyone. :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, drinking my coffee too.  51 here going for 58 the way it sounds...  sounds like some good plans ya all have today...  good luck to all you fellers!!!  not much going on here today, just some small stuff so far any way!!  have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 42 ~ 6 when I 1st went out to the garage. Headed back to at least the mid-60's, got a bit warmer than that yday here. Went out :fishing: with the neighbor yday afternoon & the clouds along with the breeze made it a bit cool startin out. Came in ~ 4:30 & it'd cleared off along with the wind going down, so it was real nice end of the day. A few small northerns & 1 keeper perch was all the action but still was great to be out. Got a couple little projects in mind for today, haveta see how it rolls. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1.