Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905214 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well I finally got the pontoon boat in the water yesterday.  It finally hit 60 so that got me in the mood.  Now they are talking 70 for here today.  Don't know if I can handle that yet.  JB, I would cut those bitches down too.  LLL  We are going for a drive to the Falls this morning.  Then mayhaps do some gardening this afternoon.  A fire does sound like fun too and I imagine the wife has that on her mind too.  Nice that you got out fishing Gunner.  I have to get on that too.  Well see ya all later.  PS  I just ordered some Tanzanian from Coffee.  I got the Smurf special.  LLL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, drinking the Smurf special as I post!! :rotflmao: laptop is giving me the fits so on my phone  :pouty:

Got the garden all in last night  :happy1: :happy1: now need rain. Talked to the neighbor to the east of me last nite. He said the neighbor that I think is a jerkoff called the cops on him too. :doofus: all because he was cutting his lawn. He had to mow around some bush he had and had to cross over the line a bit. What a jack  :moon: SO I ITS NOT ME!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Got some running to do this morning, then gonna cook up a big batch of my world famous sketti.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Still talking rain for tonite, forecast likely in the 1" - 2" range, altho the graphic posted by the NWS a couple hours ago actually looked more like 2" - 3". Doing my best at social distancing, basically hiding today. Run some errands, maybe get some new work boots. Blew mine out yesterday. Tough to find decent work boots anymore. Used to like Red Wings but the last pair I had sucked. The soles disintegrated and they were heavy. Liked the last Wolverine Durashocks I had that were still made in the US. No more. Had a couple of their Chinese made pair. Lighter weight but also pieces of crap.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought a pair of red wing boots at the red wing outlet store in red wing. Love them. They were made in the USA, so says the tag. Guys in red wing said most there work boots are from overseas.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought a pair of red wing boots at the red wing outlet store in red wing. Love them. They were made in the USA, so says the tag. Guys in red wing said most there work boots are from overseas.

I wonder which is it?  Maybe some are / some aren't.  Maybe if you wait to put the laces in them in the good ol' USA you can say they were Made in America   :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they do have some made in the USA but to find out which ones I don't know... at least they did have made in the USA a couple years ago...

my current pair are made in the USA with foreign materials...  I would like an all American pair.... 
« Last Edit: May 05/16/20, 11:21:14 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
they do have some made in the USA but to find out which ones I don't know... at least they did have made in the USA a couple years ago...

my current pair are made in the USA with foreign materials...  I would like an all American pair....
as would I. I bleed American made, but the reality isn't there. The best you can do is look for the little tag that may say made in the USA. I refuse to by greeting cards by hallmark. I've never seen any made in America. First thing I look for on a card is on the back and see where it was made.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
All I have bought in the last 30 years are Red Wings.  I get the Made in USA ones.  I think their Irish Setter ones are Chinese as well as some other models.  On the box it says where they are made.  AND remember Lindell Ice Rigs are one of the only rattle reels still Made in the USA!!!   Have had a number of companies actually buy ours and then do a copy in China.  Including companies that you would think the Made in USA matters.  But no they have no more class anymore!!   What a shame.  I used to respect those companies.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Amen Barry. I hope this pandemic thing will help some companies to realize just what they've done and change course. And if not, that someone else does and runs them right out of business, producing products made here or at least in a country whose government isn't continually cheating, lying, stealing and abusing human rights.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
finally getting some rain, it's light but wet!!!  bring it on!!! 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
What I don’t like about the Red Wing Chinese boots is they still charge you and arm and a leg for them, even though they’re probably getting them made for ten bucks.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly coop. If it weren't for the company I work for reimbursing up to 150 bucks , I'd go with a cheaper boot myself. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, no. More time and tax dollars being wasted while real issues are ignored as farmers go broke. Here's the real inventor of the Haney test:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :rotflmao: this coming from the common day Mr Haney. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Gawd he was funny.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:

I liken myself more to Hank Kimball but I agree, Pat Buttram was hilarious. He was good on The Gene Autry Show too.  :happy1:

« Last Edit: May 05/16/20, 07:18:59 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao:

I liken myself more to Hank Kimball but I agree, Pat Buttram was hilarious. He was good on The Gene Autry Show too.  :happy1:
Yea, no argument here!; :rotflmao: :sleazy: maybe a little Jethro Clampett thrown in too  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here going for 63..  got some rain over night but not much..  I see the cities and south are really getting the rain!!  got a few things to do today but nothing major...  have a good day all!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another nice calm morning here. It sure was a awesome day yesterday. I think I seen 70 something on the thermometer at one point yesterday. Got the dock and rail all in. Also got all the patio furniture out and put together the new set the wife got when Kmart was closing last winter in I-falls. Paid $150 for $700 set. Never did get to cutting down those bitch trees  :rotflmao:. Stupid auto correct. Maybe today we will get the dead birch trees cut down. So far looking like a nice day. Little cloudy, but a light breeze so far. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We did get the garden planted yesterday along with the flowers.  Then we did have a nice fire.  Felt great and a nice day.  Not sure what is on for today.  I have been watching this show about a guy who goes into the wilderness and makes a cabin etc like Dick Proneke? did years ago.  This guy does an even nicer job of making things.  He must have gotten some supplies delivered as tools etc keep getting better.  I watch for a while here and there.  There are more episodes too.  Really great photography and it is in HD.   :happy1: :happy1:  Thought some of you may enjoy it.  https://youtu.be/AxM9FYSs8V4

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 46* to start & lookin like we'll hit 70* again today. Got a few things done yday, no fishin though :sad: as the neighbor's youngest son is up & they went out. Not sure what's gonna happen today yet, have good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 49 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. 1.51" of rain recorded at the ranch. In the eye of the storm presently. The heavy stuff is across I-35 right now. More on tap, predicting another 3/4" - 1" & a tenth or two overnite. Nice to have the rain but one caveat is that systems that tap into gulf moisture typically bring insect pests along, dumping them out up here. This one was no exception. In the phermone traps this a.m., I caught a couple armyworm moths & 7 black cutworm moths. Armyworm moths, no big deal. 1st we've seen. The cutworm moths are more problematic. Between the last two nites the captures were over threshold. Most of the field corn may be far enough ahead so they'll have a hard time cutting it off. The sweet corn w/staggered planting dates is likely the bigger concern.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is so interesting Dotch.  I didn't know that about the insects moving with the rain storm.  We just had an interesting event.  The fox just trotted across the yard when the dogs are both out there.  They chased her a ways.  Then we called them back.  Now she is yapping at the dogs from the edge of the woods.  I am thinking she must be trying to protect her pups that are pretty big now.  Will keep our eyes out for them. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...……..got a 1/2 inch of rain overnite, around 3/4 total over he past few days. the lawn garden and Glenn is likin it!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :taz: went through the paper and ads this morning. nuttin I need in the ads. I don't get it??????? last year fleet farm was selling that Milorganite fertilizer 5 for 25 bucks. and later on 5 fer 30 bucks. no sale this year 9.99 a bag. that sucks!!! once it clears off a bit got some putzing outside!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: You shouldn't need to buy any of that :bonk: :doah:, you have plenty of :bs: just go sit & talk to 'em. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: You shouldn't need to buy any of that :bonk: :doah:, you have plenty of :bs: just go sit & talk to 'em. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

kinda dreary rainy crappy day!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: Shorts & T shirt weather here.  :happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
49 and rain here.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Not knowing the general area people live in and are posting from makes it hard.

FWIW, raining here (wherever that is) all day.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093