Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902634 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boy.  YES we were sitting on the deck after we got home and man the squitos just nailed us.  Didn't take long to run for cover in the house.  The screen on the front room window was covered with them.  They spray for them here and it is a godsend.  I put out a feeler to the mayor to see if they are starting it this weekend.  They are lowering the rain forecast here too I see.  We do need it too. 

On a sad note:  Before the squitos chased us in an ambulance cruised by with lights on headed back into town.  We wondered what was going on.  Here this morning on the news it was Steve the guy who owns Lucky Bait a couple of blocks west of us.  So sad.  I guess they said he was on a motorcycle and must have lost control and went into a ditch east of here.  His wife and kids that help run the bait shop.  They may even have a daughter graduating this year.  I feel for them.

On that note remember BE SAFE this weekend.  Bad things can happen if we are not careful. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 57* ~ 6:15 here. TWC's site is sayin 70* so I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 75* today as that's how we've been rollin the last week or 2. I seen 79* yday here.  JB & LPS you're spot on about the mosquitoes they've had a comin out party in the last couple days. Funny thing though is that we sat out  for a little HH on Tuesday but I was in shorts up at Big Bog when we pulled the boat & almost got ate alive on Wednesday. They were just as bad when we got home as they wouldn't even let us unhook the boat, they were so thick. Think we'll put our boat in the lake this mornin & go from there. Did do a little mowing yday but now with only a 40% chance of rain for Sunday & Monday I think I'll hold off on the rest. Have a good, safe weekend guys.
« Last Edit: May 05/22/20, 12:40:44 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have a good weekend Jb!!  LPS hope your friend is going to be ok, but it sounds doubtful from your post...  truly sad...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He died!  I guess I didn't actually say that..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear that....

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS sorry for the news at your place.
mm

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear this.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
damn LPS sorry to hear that. :doah: there's a reason i like 4 wheels under my  :moon:!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..............its FRIDAY!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: have fun playing in the rain JB!!!!!

yep, must be a big 3 day weekend. gas went up overnight by 10 cents, up to 1.99. daaaamn crooks.  i did find it at 1.89!!!!

just gonna try and knock off things on the honey doo list!!!!!!! appears its gonna be dry tonight so a  :campfire: and  :toast: should be on tonights agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. A dab of rain overnite, .01" at the ranch & .02" in metropolitan Bugtussle. Sorry to hear about your friend Barry. Got chased in a field by a pit bull cross yesterday while I was on the 4 wheeler. Dusted him but had all I could do to keep it under control. Can happen in a hurry. Hauled a group of ewes over to the kindly neighbors last nite. Helps take a little heat off the hay supply. Get the rest weaned & the culls shipped, then we'll be in tall cotton. Hey glenn, just got the notice, your masks have been shipped! :rotflmao:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/784932812/preorder-exclusive-cute-cooters-100?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=vagina+mask&ref=sr_gallery-1-2   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. A dab of rain overnite, .01" at the ranch & .02" in metropolitan Bugtussle. Sorry to hear about your friend Barry. Got chased in a field by a pit bull cross yesterday while I was on the 4 wheeler. Dusted him but had all I could do to keep it under control. Can happen in a hurry. Hauled a group of ewes over to the kindly neighbors last nite. Helps take a little heat off the hay supply. Get the rest weaned & the culls shipped, then we'll be in tall cotton. Hey glenn, just got the notice, your masks have been shipped! :rotflmao:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/784932812/preorder-exclusive-cute-cooters-100?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=vagina+mask&ref=sr_gallery-1-2 
training-087 training-087 :banghead: :taz: looking forward to getting them!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 I so want to see that on you!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
say what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :scratch: :scratch: :evil:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here going for 69...  50% chance for rain, bring it on!!  hope so any way...  only have a few small things to do today..  so I'll just plug along for day...   have a good day all!!!  and a great weekend too!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hope you get some rain Mike.  We could use some and our chances keep dwindling.  Now maybe rain on Monday.  We went for a nice pontoon ride down to see the progress on the new International Bridge last night.  They are moving right along on it now.  Think it will be done next year.  Grilled some hot dogs and that was a big hit with the Grandson.  He wasn't real thrilled with the asparagus.  We have been joking about how his pee will smell like them.  LLL  Today we will go 5 miles over to the rapids.  That is pretty cool.  A few years ago when he was here the big sturgeon were in the pools of water there.  We were right next to them and it didn't seem to bother them.  oh oh the wife just said it is already windy here.  Hope it blows those mosquitoes to Canada.  Have a great day all of ya. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. .20" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch between some drizzle yesterday & a nice shower that went thru this a.m. We'd gladly trade some of our rain for some warmer temps Barry. It's been warmer there several times over the past week than here. Things are growing but slower than the calendar might indicate given our relatively early start to spring. Lotsa clouds too so some of the corn is turning yellow and purple. Gotta get feed & wait for it to dry off before heading out to the fields. Lawn is outta control too so that needs attention. Toodle-ooo!   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Things sure are running a little late this year... 
Apple trees still covered with flowers, and the last of the daffodils are still in bloom.  One patch has been in bloom for several weeks.

I naturalized them in various places around the yard.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers a light drizzle here now. sure can use it. hope it don't rain to much up in the north country. my son is at the cabin and he's had some pretty crappy memorial weekends up there lately. besides he's got some chores to do there!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

got indoor projects today so the rain wont bother me to much. one of the first projects is to pickle some asparagus!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got a real light mist going on, better than nothing.... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been getting a healthy dose of Sponge Bob and I need to research the people that make that show.  I kind of like watching it with the kid here so I can ask him questions about it.  Such as what kind of sea critter is that one.  LLL  I wonder what is it like being with the people that make that show?????  And what do they smoke??
« Last Edit: May 05/23/20, 11:44:29 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, we had 58* startin out & ~ 70* is 'sposed to be the high. Went out :fishing: for a bit this AM, only a couple little perch to show for it. Still pretty nice out there though, best of all the skeeters weren't bad. They've back our rain off 'til Sunday night now :sad:, sure hope we get at least a little. Kind of tough doin too much outdoors for too long right now as the bugs will drive ya  :crazy:. That's all I've got, take care all.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hurry up and either feed them bugs or kill them before I come up. :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hurry up and either feed them bugs or kill them before I come up. :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Lookin like a bumper crop this year to me :pouty:, just think what it'd be like if we had a little more rain up here. :thumbs: You best not give anymore blood before you come up glenn or they might suck you dry if you stay very long.  ;) :rolleyes:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
UGH!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: :confused: I sent the kid a text asking how the bugs were and haven't heard back. think he said he was headed to the little lake behind the old school!!!!!!!

he also said the mice where plentiful in the outhouse...……... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas, time to pack up and head home after a bit. Been a fun week, caught lots of fish and got lots done around here but it'll be nice to have an extra day around the house before the work week. See ya !!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, safe travels Bobber!! the ground is still thirsty here..  but it sure was a nice day here yesterday... 58 here going for 70 again...  not much going on today so I will just enjoy it!!  have a good day all!!   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been getting a healthy dose of Sponge Bob and I need to research the people that make that show.  I kind of like watching it with the kid here so I can ask him questions about it.  Such as what kind of sea critter is that one.  LLL  I wonder what is it like being with the people that make that show?????  And what do they smoke??

Yeah, I've watched that show.  Actually it's pretty funny sometimes even for us so called adults... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes Del I think it is clever as heck.  Hope we watch it more today.  We tried to sneak up on the fox den yesterday but she smelled us first and started yipping and trying to lure us away.  Will try to get a better look at them with the Grandson today.  Looking sort of cloudy here and not much wind finally.  Gonna fry up some bacon on the grill for breakfast soon.  Have a great day to all of youse. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 56* at 1st peek, goin for just north of 70* today. Don't think :scratch: we quite made it yday. It was a little too calm for me last evening :sad: so no  :fishing:. Will be lookin to get out today though. Not much else happenin here except next door as they've got the whole family up so there's lots of activity over there. Dad & I usually talk everyday so I'll stop over to see what they have goin on today again. No more here, have a good 1.