Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904788 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Those beer bottles were probably the straw that broke the camel's back. Don't kneel on that naughty lamb.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I wondered. Bad weight distribution.  A pound or two may have been the difference.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here going for 78 they say...  I did get my yard and hair mowed yesterday!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   sure feels good after getting my hair cut!!!  got a few small things to do today and they will go good...  going to smoke some St. Louis style ribs and taters today too.  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 dis morning heading for 68 today. Another nice morning here. One of those I don't want to be at work kind of mornings. But I will be furloughing all next week again. Unfortunately it looks kind of rainy next week. But, we need some rain. I need to get my hair mowed again too. May have to get the wife to do that tomorrow morning. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup another nice one.  May do some putzing in the yard today.  Nothing too strenous though.  Pretty quiet here.  No birds at the feeders neither.  Haven't seen any gold finches for a few days.  Something must have become available for them to eat elsewhere.  Well you all have a great Friday. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! Was 66 at choretime, 79 presently heading for the low 80's. Aboslutely gorgeous day. Caught the little bastard buck lamb that thought he was back with mommy. Put him back in the pen with the rest of the lambs. Only ones happy about that were my wife & I. Still loooking at hailed on corn and beans. Appears like more replanting on tap. Had lunch sitting outside under a canopy in the street at the local cafe. Sounds like next week we might actually be able to go inside!  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! Was 66 at choretime, 79 presently heading for the low 80's. Aboslutely gorgeous day. Caught the little bastard buck lamb that thought he was back with mommy. Put him back in the pen with the rest of the lambs. Only ones happy about that were my wife & I. Still loooking at hailed on corn and beans. Appears like more replanting on tap. Had lunch sitting outside under a canopy in the street at the local cafe. Sounds like next week we might actually be able to go inside!  :happy1:   

yes we can!!!   if we choose to :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  58 now and going for not sure later..lol. Tge smoker is smelling up the neighborhood nicely,  went on our 2 mile stroll with the pooches earlier now contemplating what to have fer breakfast.  Gotta hit menardos after a bit but basically just fart around the yard all day. See ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds like a good plan Bobber!!!  not much going on here today for work and that's ok by me!!  I'm just going to go with comes along today!!  and hope for some much needed rain, but it might be a few days before that happens..  well have a good day all!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here this morning and not going to get out of the 60s today. A bit choppy on the lake this morning. Also some dark clouds. Last I seen we are supposed to get some rain after midnight. Time will tell. Looking fairly wet here most of next week to. Hope to get the lawn mowed and maybe my hair to today. Other than that just see what project comes along. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, well we're back north of the stress zone! :happy1: :cool: We left home ~ 1 am & pulled in the drive here close to 8:00. I spent a good share of the day after we unpacked down at the lake as it has dropped even more so the dock & lift need to go deeper. Got tired of that before lunch so I jumped on the mower to cut out by the boat shed & along the road. Only 49* for our start & headed north of 70* today. Sis & BIL should be here soon so there's plenty goin on. That's all I've got today, have a good 1. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Went fishing with my brother and his wife yesterday morning. Kept one walleye, three nice crappies and a 28” nord. Beautiful morning to be on the lake, my bright red arms and thighs will attest to that. Looks like a day of mowing and cleaning garage are on tap along with a fire and some cold refreshments later. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to have a small fire later today too, and of course refreshments too!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Katchup day sort of. Think we got most of the hail/replant decisions made or in process so can focus on getting things cleaned up around here. Pulled and processed a bunch of radishes after chores. Should get some lawn mowed, finally. Someone in the car club decided it'd be a great idea to have a car cruise later this afternoon so need to get the Stude wiped down so I can get it all dirty again. :rolleyes: God bless 'em but dealing with a club consisting mainly of retired people is a challenge. They think nothing of deciding at the last minute that we should go on a cruise. If they say meet at 3 p.m. it means 2:30 at the latest or they get their panties in a bunch. Then they piss & moan about food prices when we go out to eat. And they wonder why we have trouble attracting new members!  :shocked: 
« Last Edit: June 06/06/20, 11:34:51 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some rain after 4pm yesterday, .35 of an inch the last I seen...  might get more today..  so no fire last night...  about the same program today as yesterday, except I will go pick some asparagus later this morning...  have a good day all!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and windy and rainy. .45" of rain so far. The lake is angry today. Some of our patio furniture is blown around on the patio. Blowing 20 plus off of the lake. I woke up at 5:30 and it was so crappy out I went back to bed and napped off and on until almost 8. Got the lawn mowed yesterday and my hair also. Feels good. Plan for today is to try and finish fixing the exhaust on the wife's traverse. One bolt broke off and trying to fix the one the other 3 broke off too. Need to get one last one out. And they are a bigger. Good day for inside project anyway. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Raining like a mother here right now.  We have a hair over a half inch now.  Windy as all get out!  I mowed yesterday ahead of this rain.  Cut up some more fire wood and camp fire wood so the wife had a fire going.  Seeded some spots in the yard too.  Then we slept in the camper last night.  Fun to do that when it rains and thunders.  Gonna have some Corned Beef Hash and 2 easy over eggs for breakfast.   :happy1:  May even put a rack of ribs in the smoker for the afternoon project.  Kind of worried about not hearing from Coffee in a long time.  Hope things over there in Steelers land is ok!  Well you all have a good day!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Had a trace of precip in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch. Prolly head into town to see what Bugtussle got. Need milk. The last stuff came out of the jug in chunks. Car cruise went OK. We had 6 cars & 11 people. A&W in Faribault was busy. Drive thru was like a revolving door. Some guy from A&W corporate was there & took pics of our cars under the canopy. Cute little waitress was really hustling & cooed over the Silver Hawk when she delivered my food. Needless to say she got a nice tip, certainly better than the quarter glenn would've given her.  ;) :happy1:   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  looks like its gonna be a good day here, had lots of lightning and thunder last night with about a half inch of rain. The pulled pork turned out awesome,  yanked it off the smoker 203 degrees and let it sit about 45 minutes. Gonna cruise up to work and get rid of the rest of my old shed we tore down yesterday,  gotta be a perk to have access to dumpsters anytime it calls for it...See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 59* early with a lot of thunder & lightning. Just a shade over .4" rain to go with that. Our company got here around 8:30 yday & then I went down to the lake ~ 9:30 to finish getting the lift out of the way so we could extend the dock. Ended up havin to add another 10' section of the new dock so we now have 44' in the water. That took 'til after noon & we needed a break after that. Got the boat in the lake later & by that time it was HH. Still got  some adjusting on the lift to do & not sure that'll happen today. Got a project goin now so I better go, have a good Sunday.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and windy and rainy. .45" of rain so far. The lake is angry today. Some of our patio furniture is blown around on the patio. Blowing 20 plus off of the lake. I woke up at 5:30 and it was so crappy out I went back to bed and napped off and on until almost 8. Got the lawn mowed yesterday and my hair also. Feels good. Plan for today is to try and finish fixing the exhaust on the wife's traverse. One bolt broke off and trying to fix the one the other 3 broke off too. Need to get one last one out. And they are a bigger. Good day for inside project anyway. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Exhaust is something I did once, when I was young and stupid.  Maybe with a hoist, a torch, and some air tools it would be ok, but laying under the car with rust falling in my face and skinning my hand all up just isn't fun any more. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember working on my 64 Chevy Impala.  Putting on a new exhaust pipe.  Just using the bumper jack and wiggling and pulling and hammering away.  When it started leaning I just pushed the other direction.  Did it all of the time on many vehicles.  Wouldn't even think about it now.  A friend told us how they used big chunks of wood as stands.  Took a few years and then we started using them too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey fellers, I'm back. :sleazy: :smoking: :evil: :evil: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,we had 61* when I went out :fishing:  Had some lightning & a little thunder right away but it was off to the NW so I stuck it out. Then ~ 5:30 or so it got closer & more serious just as I pulled a 16" eye in the boat. After a few sprinkles I started packin it up & just got in the garage before it cut loose around 6. Goin in to GR later this am & bfast is on the table now so I gotta go. Have a good Monday.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice fish Gunner.  Glad you got off the lake safely.  Man we had a crack of thunder last night that woke us up and actually scared us it was so loud.  The flash of light was at the same time.  Must a been a close one.  We heard a snap and then the kaboom.  Wonder what that was?  We ended up with .75 of rain yesterday and an inch last night.  So no watering the garden today.  Not sure what is up for the day yet.  Have a good one!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 75 to start out this morning...  going to humid too...  did have some light rain for awhile this morning too..  done now but could have more later..  already have a few things done this morning so now I can relax with my coffee...  have a good day all!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here this morning and heading for 84. Sounds like more storms this evening. We got about a half inch of rain Saturday night and another .7" last night. The rain will mess up part of my project today. That's ok, I have plenty more. Got my unemployment all reactivated this morning first thing. Also still trying to get that last bolt out of the exhaust pipe. It will pop out at some point I hope. Time to go get another cup of decaf and see what the day brings. Yah, I hope all is well with coffee also. Wondering the same thing myself. Hopefully he didn't get the rona. Have a good one boys.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice fish Gunner.  Glad you got off the lake safely.  Man we had a crack of thunder last night that woke us up and actually scared us it was so loud.  The flash of light was at the same time.  Must a been a close one.  We heard a snap and then the kaboom.  Wonder what that was?  We ended up with .75 of rain yesterday and an inch last night.  So no watering the garden today.  Not sure what is up for the day yet.  Have a good one!

If you watch a really slow motion video of a lightning strike there is a small discharge that starts on the ground first that goes up to the cloud and then the big one comes from the cloud to the ground.   It was close if you heard that leader first. 

Exhaust work with a bumper jack?    Wow, seems like a bad idea.    But I was young once too.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Finished tilling the garden area yesterday and the tiller took a crap on me. It's over 25 years old and has done a lot of gardening. Spaded the small 8'x10' bed this a.m. Whew! I'm over 25 and I've done a lot of gardening too! Mowing is all done too so now tonite we can plant whatever we're going to plant. Should get watered if Cristobal heads this way & hangs together. Nice having the ewes on pasture. Makes a nice pastoral view if they're grazing on the hillside when you drive up.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will go for a walk in our woods and see if a big willow got hit.