Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902011 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...…….still doing the catch up thing from being gone 4 days, both work and home stuff.

i'm also on furlough this week JB...….had issues last week filing for my UI, i'm preparing for a long hold time on the phone to get that fixed soon.  :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Glenn. From what I have heard is it can be an extremely long wait. Almost like they do it on purpose.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB I see that you are in the middle of the bad weather.  Hope all is ok.  We will see some later on and you may again too.  Be safe. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, no rain over night here...  could see lightning  all around us over night but that was it...  much cooler today too with north winds too...  got a few things to do today but not a whole lot..  maybe mow the yard for starters...  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. still got a long honey doo list!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: mostly of my own accord!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: my garden needs rain!!!!!! cutting the yard is also on there. man that maple tree sure shed all the flipping helicopters again. what a pain in the  :moon: to clean up out of my landscaping rocks around the house. :doofus: :doofus: :rotflmao:

have a good day fellers!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 66* here & on our way to the mid 70's. Lots of lightning & a shade over 1" in our gauge today. Radar looked kind of nasty up JB & LPS's way last night, ours came in the middle of the night. We got back from town ~ noon yday & it was so hot we decided to mess around down at the lake a little more. We got the canopy on the lift & the live box put in as well so we're pretty well set down there, for now. A couple more projects in mind for today, see how far we get. Maybe even some more time :fishing:. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 1.91" of rain since last night. Yup we had a nasty one heading our way last night, but it looked worse on the radar. The same cell had a confirmed tornado touch down in Middle river. I think that the lake sucked some of the energy out of it. Only going to be in the 60s today and rainy. Made it hard to get my hinder out of bed this morning. I will need to find some inside projects for today. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had 1.75 as of yesterday and got a solid 1.5 last night.  Just a sprinkle now.  No garden watering today.  That will give me more time for something else if I should think of something.  LOL  Just enjoying a cup of high test now.  I see the wind is picking up some.  Good to hear you are ok up there JB.  It didn't look good on the radar.  Well I think I told you that we finally finished Breaking Bad.  It had a few slow spots but was a real good series.  Now we jumped right into Bates Motel.  WOW!!!  Not a dull moment!  We have a hard time turning it off.  Well ok let's just watch one more the wife will say and I'm in!  LLL  Buddy and me will go check out the Rapids today.  I bet it is roaring after this rain.  Well you all have a good day.     

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Good to hear you guys up north are getting some rain as it sounded like you needed it in spots. More on the way here too. Cristobal's remains seem to be intact and on track for perhaps 2"-3" over the next 24-36 hrs. Nice that it's going to cool off some. High was 95 yesterday. Corn really takes off on days like that though. We accumulated 29.5 GDU's. We had one stretch back in May where we only accumulated 28 for the entire week.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes we needed some moisture up here. LPS, I bet the rapids will be rolling good. This should help bring the water level up on the lake. Which is needed.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well here's one for Glenn!!!  worlds biggest catsuo bottle!!!

http://catsupbottle.com/
« Last Edit: June 06/09/20, 02:34:56 PM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There's only 1 matchup... And day ain't it!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, hope moma ok..

HIGH FOREST TOWNSHIP, Minn. – Wet conditions contributed to a one-vehicle crash in Olmsted County Tuesday morning.

The Minnesota State Patrol says it happened just before 10 am as a 2003 Lincoln LS sedan was merging from eastbound Interstate 90 onto northbound Highway 63. The car hydroplaned and hit the concrete bridge guardrail.

The State Patrol has not released the names of the people in the car but says the driver was a 49-year-old woman from New Richland and the passenger was a 68-year-old woman from Albert Lea. There are injuries from this accident.

The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, Stewartville Fire Department, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...haven't heard any rumblings yet. I'm sure while we're having socially distanced coffee in the a.m. we'll get to the bottom of it, along with just about everything else.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
What???
You talkin to me?   New Richland is Dotchville...   Some lady from there stuck her lincoln into the concrete barrier on the ramp going too fast.   
Injuries ensued.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well we really got the rain last night!!!  about 8 or so it cut loose!!!!  2.65 inches of rain!!!!  right now it's 57 and a north wind is pushing right along!!  got a few things done yesterday and only have a few to do today...   going over to Alex and get a few things...  have a good day all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 and raining here this morning. Another .25" so far, nothing like Mike got last night. Only going to be in the low 60s today. North wind blowing here also. Not sure what project will ensue today other than smoking the tulibees. I am sure I will find something. Yesterday I took an old brush guard from my track truck and turn it into a fire basket to hang off the end of the dock. I will finish that up today. Well just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ya mean fish basket?  not fire basket right??  just askin..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So Dotch was the wife home for supper last night.  Del and I are curious.  And JB.  What is a track truck?  A race truck?  We got a half inch of rain last night and it is still sprinkling.  Mike you are the rainfall winner of the day.  That is a lot of rain.  We got the new septic tank and mound system put in last summer.  Works great.  BUT I am still using an extension cord to power it.  Hard to find an electrician around here.  I could maybe figure it out if I knew what box to use on the pole to hook up to the alarm box setup.  I will get the wire run and start making phone calls.  I see that Lakeshore Elec guy is up by you JB.  Do you know him?  Well too wet to get too excited about much outside today.  That is ok I will find something to do.  You all have a good time today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 55* at 1st peek & we're goin for low 60's too. A light rain & a steady 10+ mph NW wind comin off the lake. We had ~ .5" in the gauge when I checked. Not sure what'll be happenin here today but I'm bettin most of it will be indoors. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS. It is an ASV Track Truck. What I use for pulling fish house around out on the lake. And yes I have talked to the guy from Lakeshore electric a few times. His name is Gary Cole. He stays plenty busy.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is cool as heck JB.  Man that could come in handy!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well we really got the rain last night!!!  about 8 or so it cut loose!!!!  2.65 inches of rain!!!!  right now it's 57 and a north wind is pushing right along!!  got a few things done yesterday and only have a few to do today...   going over to Alex and get a few things...  have a good day all!!!
:pouty: :pouty: seriously?????? :confused: :confused: I went out to get the paper this morning, I have 5 gallon pails set out to catch rain water off the roof for watering my garden. there are 9 set out.....I could dump them all together and wouldn't get a 1/2 a pail full. :pouty: the ground in the garden looks dry yet.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...……..gotta head to the office today for a labor management meeting via phone conference. first file for my UI!!! got a letter yesterday saying want my weekly benefit would be. its IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of them on the phone!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: in the letter it has an address to appeal, so i'll be writing that letter today!!!!!!

need to stop at fleet farm also. dang the temp changed quick...………...I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and that's the first rain here that amounted to any thing!!  it's crazy!!!  Jim had the same amount too at his place...  standing water in some low places.... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. .54" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. & .80" in Bugtussle. A little odd since there seemed to be an eastern bias to the rainfall. Oh well, just glad we didn't get the 4.5" Lanesboro did. Prolly wash all those transplanted granola crunchers & tree huggers down the Root River! No word yet on who was involved in the Olmsted Co. accident. Looked like a dangerous area with a lot of road construction when I was thru there over Memorial Day.   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Must have been a serious difference of rain between us mike. I don't think we got .10" last night. It was still dry under my truck when I left for work this morning.  :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On my way into Bugtussle this a.m. I went by a friend's/customer's plot where he'd torn up the soybeans that were hailed out. He replanted it to corn early evening last Thursday and it was up so you could row it this a.m. Michael Bloomberg was right; nothing to this farming stuff.  ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  Must have been a serious difference of rain between us mike. I don't think we got .10" last night. It was still dry under my truck when I left for work this morning.  :happy1:

I hear ya!!!  that's the way it was here the last few times it rained!!!!  crazy weather, we just wanted a nice soaking rain...  at least we got some finally...