Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903096 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers. looks like we got a tad bit of rain. dirt or landscape rocks don't look wet but the deck is. drops on the car windshield too. big project today is fix that trailer to hopefully get it out of here. then there will be a repeat of last nite……. :campfire: :toast: :happy1:

GUNNER...… our phone last nite gave us a frost warning up there???? did it make any ice> :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LPS...…….have fun. sounds like Tiger Woods has nothing to worry about. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

met up with the author of the boaranze language yesterday. :rotflmao: was great to see you. he finally paid up his football pool prize to me. looked like road kill ground meat and road kill brats!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:
« Last Edit: June 06/13/20, 09:13:23 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid 70's. I gotta go look at a field for a guy who can't seem to tell a grass from a broadleaf. After that I jump on the tractor & cut hay for a few hours. Takes almost as much time driving to and back as it does to mow the stuff. Oh well, at least they're odd shapped fields that are rough with wet spots and lots of crap to mow around.  :rolleyes:

Glenn...Bite me!

Boar...good lukc daelnig wiht glenn!
« Last Edit: June 06/13/20, 02:01:22 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid 70's. I gotta go look at a field for a guy who can't seem to tell a grass from a broadleaf. After that I jump on the tractor & cut hay for a few hours. Takes almost as much time driving to and back as it does to mow the stuff. Oh well, at least they're odd shapped fields that are rough wet spots and lots of crap to mow around.  :rolleyes:

Glenn...Bite me!

Boar...good lukc daelnig wiht glenn!
:confused: WHAT??? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got back home ~ 1 p.m. from mowing hay. It'll shrink down some but there was more out there than I anticipated. Had to shift down on the last field but not because the hay was too heavy. Kicked up a fawn right in front of the discbine when I was about half done. Then it ran off over the hill where I couldn't see it. Wasn't sure if it was still hiding in the uncut hay or if it had made it into the tall grass in the road ditch. This is also the same field where I saw triplet fawns a few years ago. Kept my eyes peeled & luckily didn't run across it or any others. Didn't want to hit the little tyke & really didn't want to clean it out of the neighbor's discbine.  :embarrassed: 
« Last Edit: June 06/13/20, 02:58:38 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor baby!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well it's officially HH!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like Glenn  was running late for HH!!  56 here going for 78..  going to go pick some strawberry rhubarb this morning, good stuff!  other than that not much on the agenda today..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Gmorming     The wind began last night and did not lay down all night.  Sounds like it will be this way all day.   It only figures as I have a ton of bacon to smoke today.  Seems every time I want to use the smoker it has to blow.  Have a great day all  :fish2: :fish2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, it's windy here to scenic. Should be able to finish my trailer repair today. Ran out of welding wire yesterday. Went to get more, and being in a hurry crabbed the wrong diameter. :confused: :confused: so gotta return it and get the right stuff. Hopefully this wind won't give me trouble. :pouty:

Other then that garden needs a drink.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Another day of coolish temps before it turns the burners back on again. Breezy too so it should dry the hay easily before it decides to rain again. Fortunately we make round bales out of this cutting so at least there won't be any heavy lifting on our part. Otherwise we should haul 3 yearlings over to the neighbors pasture and plunk the other 4 in here at home. My bruise from the last go round has healed up. No rest for the wicked.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 49* here to begin & headed for the mid 70's. Tried to go out  :fishing: late am yday & made 2-3 passes on 1 of my spots, too windy & never really backed off last night either. Gonna be worse today, they're sayin. Got a few things on the list as we prepare to head south in the next couple days  again. 'Bout all for today EXCEPT ..........................................glenn it's ALWAYS windy :bs: around you  ;) :rolleyes: ;D ;D. There was somethin else too............................. :scratch: oh yeah, glenn..........................BITE ME! :tut: :nerd: :nerd: & the rest of you guys., have a good Sunday.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I got the rhubarb and as a added bonus I got a small handful of asparagus too!!!  score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Cars released Candy-O on June 13th 1979. Racy album cover & the tunes weren't too shabby either.  :rocker;
« Last Edit: June 06/14/20, 01:57:19 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  the lake was just roaring this morning so didn't do any fishing.  Did catch some nice fish Friday and Saturday tho. Got home around 1, weeded and fed the garden then found a cool looking green hummingbird with what appears to be a broken wing flopping in the grass ( good thing I decided not to mow) . The whipper snapper held him while we fed him sugar water, he's hanging out behind the garage now but I sure hope he makes it. Anyways,  back to the grind tomorrow..see ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Bobber take the bird in to the raptor center for rehabilitation!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

but really I hope the little bugger makes it too!!  we tried that without success.... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meh, throw it in the grill. :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You sound more like del all the time glenn!  :rotflmao: Hope the little feller makes it boober. They're sure sctive around here right now.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You sound more like del all the time glenn!  :rotflmao: Hope the little feller makes it boober. They're sure sctive around here right now.
:tut: naw he,d want to souse de boil it. :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here going for 84 today and lots of wind..  got a few drops of rain over night too..  just some small things to do today so I can just plug along on them..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 61 this morning heading for 80 today. And windy again. Made it home from the off grid camping little after 6 last night. We had fun. Skeeters didn't get bad until after dark. Lots of bull flies, but they just buzzed around ya mostly. only got bit a couple of times. Put some miles on the 4 wheelers. Explored some different parts of the forest too. We could see where it looks like the tornado touched down also. Would have been the same cell last week that had a tornado touch down by Middle River. Boy what a tangled mess it was. Well, back at the salt mines after a week of furlough. Have a good day boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That sounds like fun JB.  We camped at Thumper Pond RV Park.  Was nice.  Not many campers there so we had lots of room.  Weather was great except real windy.  So windy that we didn't feel a squito all weekend.  Still windy here at home too.  Getting cloudy now and rain is close to us now.  The fox just ran through the yard so I let the dogs go out and bark at him.  LOL  They think they are pretty tough. The fox is not too worried about them.  We had a nice bonfire at my brothers property on Sat night.  All relatives and close friends.  Small group.  Finally relaxed Social Distancing after a few cocktails and everyone was shaking hands and hugging.  Been a long time and felt good.  We had chicken breasts marinaded and slow cooked over a small wood fire.  Then, Dotch, we had 2" thick lamb chops over the fire.  They were done perfect.  Nice and tender and man were they good!  They were dessert!  Even after a short trip like that it is still good to be home.  We joke about it.  I don't think we could do a month long thing.  LOL  May have to practice for it.  Well you all have a great day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, windy here too!!!!!!! is gunner close by  :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: got just enough rain this morning to get the deck and road wet.............we could use a bunch!!!! :pouty:

like you JB also back at it after a week of furlough and 3 days off the week before. gotta put 2 weeks in here before my 3rd of 4 weeks of furlough.............think i could get used to that!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

looking like its going to be a cooker then next few days..............well best get to it. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be hot here too in the next few days Glenn.  The highs near 90 and the lows around 70 so we will be installing the AC's tonight.  SO when I first tuned in here this morning I couldn't get in.  I thought you guys ditched me.  BUT then after awhile they let me back in.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be hot here too in the next few days Glenn.  The highs near 90 and the lows around 70 so we will be installing the AC's tonight.  SO when I first tuned in here this morning I couldn't get in.  I thought you guys ditched me.  BUT then after awhile they let me back in.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
i blame Dotch!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not much fun and games for me.  Yesterday I started removing the nearly 1000 screws from the deck that I am upgrading.  What a SOB this is.  First off the screws are Philips head which is good and bad.  The holes are filled with sap resin, rust and paint.  They probably are easier to clean out than square or spline but also a lot easier to strip.   :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea deadeye, I wouldn't want that project your taking on. Good luck. Just keep in mind, if momma ain't happy.......

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. No rain in the past 24 hrs. but at least it's been windy!  :huh: So windy in fact the hay I cut Saturday a.m. was dry enough to bale already last nite. The neighbor who cut the day before was baling his last nite. No dew so mine will get baled probably this a.m. Gave me an opportunity to cut some boxelder & ash trees out of the arborvitae in the windbreak yesterday. Looks much better & will look even better once i turn the sheep in there. Moved the yearlings out to pasture last nite. Nice looking group of critters. Don't envy you deadeye. Taking apart & fixing someone else's screw ups is one of my pet peeves.  :bonk:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, been on the go since early. Ran into an early snag but got it figured it out, after a quick trip in to GR. Busy buttoning up the place so we can hit the road tomorrow early, probably long before glenn's done anything constructive. ;) :laugh: :laugh: Better go, more to do. Stopin in Austin this time so ya might not hear from me for a couple. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, been on the go since early. Ran into an early snag but got it figured it out, after a quick trip in to GR. Busy buttoning up the place so we can hit the road tomorrow early, probably long before glenn's done anything constructive. ;) :laugh: :laugh: Better go, more to do. Stopin in Austin this time so ya might not hear from me for a couple.
you mean i get a break from your abuse!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels!!   :happy1: