Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4945778 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, back south of the border since ~ 10. Already 80* here & gonna get near 85*, some early PM storms in the fcast too. The fields looked kind of wet once we got south of St Ansgar comin home. Thought :scratch: I'd tempt the weatherman & did some wash, just got it on the line so I'll be watchin the radar this afternoon. That'll be 'bout it though for me. Have a good day all!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep happy father's day fellas!! Got me 2 little 3 # briskets on the smoker and by golly its noon, better go grab one...See ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we decided to burn a round bale and the remains of another one.  Also had a pile of brush in the pasture to burn too.   Had a heck of a time getting it started as it wasn't very compressed.  SO since I had my chainsaw gas on the wheeler with me I decided to pour some gas on the fire.  Worked great.  Buddy and I will be going to town tomorrow to get me a new plastic 1 gallon gas can for chainsaw gas.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Yup started the gas can on fire so threw it in the fire..  LOL  Someday I may learn!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my, starting a fire must really be an adventure with you!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
oh my, starting a fire must really be an adventure with you!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea he must be a real boy scout. :evil: :surrender: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You know the sad part is that I was a Boy Scout.  Sometimes it is just easier to use some Girl Scout water!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Taking a break from the action now. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Comin down so hard you can't see across the street here for the last 10-15 minutes. A lot of wind & it knocked our cable out. :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Ya, I started i fire the same way as you Did Barry Many years ago when we lived in Becker. The can did survive, but the spout got melted. That was a 5 gal can. 54 here this morning heading for the upper 60 today. No rain in the forecast until Friday i seen. I got the camper and the truck all bathed yesterday afternoon/evening. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like another nice day today.  Will have to get some outside projects done in this nice weather.  Not real windy yet for a change.  I see mowing in my future.  Have a great day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here going for 70..  darn nice looking day too!!! yes outside it will be!!!I did get a few things done yesterday, including cleaning out the pellet smoker...  have to do that every so often..  have a good day all!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......like JB back at it. sure could use more rain.  countdown is on!!!!!!!!! gonna start getting the list ready to head north sat or sunday!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......like JB back at it. sure could use more rain.  countdown is on!!!!!!!!! gonna start getting the list ready to head north sat or sunday!!!!!!!!
Mornin gang, you can some of ours, glenn, 2.5" last night along with 60 mph winds & some quarter sized hail being reported in the area this morning. Our sump pump was runnin overnight which rarely happens so there are probably some here with wet basements this AM. More comin today ~ noon too so be careful what you wish for   :tut: as it might not want to stop. The river was still high when we got home so there could easily be a little flooding here by weeks end. We have 65* presently & gonna get to ~ 75*. Was movin early again today & already have 1 of my projects for the day done. That's all I've got now, hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. 1.36" of rain at the ranch and 1.46" in Bugtussle proper last night. A little muddy in the fields today. Have my annual dr.'s appt. this a.m. Hopefully they didn't screw this one up like they did twice last year and had me fast for no reason. I like to eat dammit!  :angry:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin all, 59 and looking for 72 today..  another good lookin day ahead..  not a whole lot going on today so I will just go with the day I guess!!  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. about the same here. 58 heading for a high of 69 today. There was a good chance of rain today when I looked at the forecast yesterday so I put down some fertilizer last night. Now hardly a chance of rain today. May have to set up some sprinklers tonight. Oh well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 59* to start & goin for the mid-70's again today. Not sure we quite made that yday as the rain started pretty early, a little after 9, & didn't quit 'til ~3. Must've got close to another inch here yday. We both have an appt this morning & I have 1 more errand after that in mind for today. 'Bout all from this neck of the woods. Have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man Gunner, Rebs' rain followed you.  I got our ditch along the driveway mowed for the first time in almost 15 years.  Had trees and bushes there that were a mess.  Finally got it all cleaned up to where I could get it mowed.  Looks great although that is a biased opinion.  Need to get some trees trimmed and suckers cut off of them.  May also mow the lawn today.  Lots of dew so will have to have another cup of java first. We started season 4 of Bates Motel last night.  Pretty darn good!  Hard to resist it now. Have a great day youse guys!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......... just plugging along. trying to keep the garden watered. by the looks of the forecast not much of a chance flr rain till friday!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......... just plugging along. trying to keep the garden watered. by the looks of the forecast not much of a chance flr rain till friday!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:
:tut: :mooning: :pouty:................................................. :cry: :cry: :cry: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey boar.............gunner................... :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! You too glenn... :rotflmao: 59 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Another little shower hit us last nite so we got .11" at the ranch and .12" in Bugtussle. Got thru my dr.'s appt yesterday in good shape so today I get to go to the eye dr. & pick up the glasses I ordered. Would really like to go to Canada about now but would have to quarantine for two weeks once we got there. I personally see no problem with that but Mrs. Cheviot might think otherwise. Might have to smuggle enough gin in the spare gas tank to make it. Minor detail... :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
raining here!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just sprayed some weeds with glyphosphate and some with the vinegar, epsom salts, soap.  We will see what works best.  SO my point is that it will probably rain here too now.  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got about .25 of rain!!!   get ready to mow the grass with heat coming!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got almost 1/2 inch here in cold spring about 5:30. Lawn, garden and Glenn are happy. :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker;

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Not a drop at my place last night just East of Alex. Watched mike get rained on. Happy Hump Day gents. :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another short rain came after that one rain fall in the afternoon..  and as Markn said it was a real hit or miss rain fall..  56 this morning going for 77..  going into Alex this morning and get a few things..  not much else going on so have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here going for 70ish today. Nice sunny morning. We got .04" of rain last night. Just enough to wet some fertilizer down. I will try and spray some weeds tonight to. Glysophate it will be for me. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 59* startin out again today, 'sposed to make the upper 70's today. We had a few spotty showers yday afternoon again. Got our appts out of way so the plan for today is to head back up to Austin for a few more days. Makin some progress but there's still plenty more to do up there. We tryin to get the house on the market as soon as we can. Hopin your Wednesday is a good 1.