Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902653 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So now your tryin to be like :shocked: ………………………. ah nevermind :whistling: :doah: :evil:                                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:confused: :tut: :tut: go back to bed Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :cool:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's again today. A trace of precip overnite at the ranch & .02" in Bugtussle. More noise than anything. Still a chance of picking up a tenth to a quarter inch yet so they say. Just had a shower go thru so they might be right. Some billing to do if it's gonna rain & then see what it's behaving like. Co-op has been s-l-o-w getting beans sprayed so not much point in looking at the remaining fields until they do. Have a good weekend everone!  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
So now your tryin to be like :shocked: ………………………. ah nevermind :whistling: :doah: :evil:                                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:confused: :tut: :tut: go back to bed Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :cool:

say what!!!!!!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Some days in the agronomy business you have worms! Armyworms in this case. Was just out on a call a few minutes ago the Pioneer dealer invited me on. He was on the phone with a customer who was describing these worms crawling all over his yard while I was reading an IPM newsletter from my entomologist friend. The armyworms had already munched the leaves off most of the grass in the CRP and were making their way towards a better food source.   Walking across the lawn it was tough to see them until you stopped & looked down closely. The ground was moving with them almost like maggots! Ick!  :shocked:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Far out. never seen them in my part of Rochester.  We have had them at the lake but it's been quite a while.   Watch out for the friendly flies in the future.   

Project for tomorrow is getting boat off lift and seeing if I need to buy another dock section to reach slightly deeper water...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hope they get rid of them Dotch!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The worms' days are numbered. The farmer sent a pic to the seed dealer tonite of the edge of a corn field the armyworms had started to munch on. No doubt when the sprayer gets loaded up it'll have enough insecticide in it to catch that field border in addition to the edge of the CRP. This is what IPM is all about. When prevention isn't possible, use only that which is needed, where and when in the proper amount.  :cool:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey,Dotch. What I’ve seen commonly referred to as army worms are forest tent caterpillars. I’ve seen them up in the Grand Rapids area once in a while so thick that you could actually hear them crapping from the trees when you walked into a wooded area. Driving on the roads required a car wash after just a few miles.  Last big infestation I remember was probably 15 years ago. They totally creep me out. Only worms that walk I can handle are wooly bears. Are your army worms the same or are they different?
« Last Edit: June 06/26/20, 09:44:50 PM by fishwidow »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin peoples,  2 mile stroll is done. Looking like  a steamy kinda day but were gonna go for a road trip anyway down along lake pepin and check out a few places. Have a great day gents!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  have a good road trip Bobber!!  sounds fun!!  was a nice day yesterday!!!  there is one locker plant up here that makes a really good blueberry wild rice brat but he doesn't make very often, well he made a batch and I scored on some of them!!  very tasty!!  not much going on today other wise, so have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I remember back about 2002 when I went for a walk in Maplewood State Park by Pelican Rapids.  We could hear this sound and things were dropping from the trees all around us.  It was those Army Worms.  Kind of spooky.  I had never heard of them.  They ate every leaf off of all of the trees.  Sure don't want them doing that up here.  Ok another day of 84 here.  Will do something outside this morning and then hibernate in the AC this afternoon.  One season left of Bates Motel.  Still liking it a lot.  Good luck with the dock Del.  The new pressure tank, gauge, switch, valves, filter project was a big success.  All is well and looks like no leaks.  Still patting myself on the back for that one!  LOL  Occasionally the switch failed and even once or twice when I was in the shower.  That is no fun.  Ran down to the basement all lathered up and banged on it with a screwdriver placed there for that reason.  Some shrinkage occurred.  Cold down there.  Well on that note you all have a great day.  Hoping to have the new boat by next weekend! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that reminds me of something that happened last night..  while sitting and having a cold beer, we heard a noise from the tree near by...  we  looked and danged if a squirrel came falling out of the tree!!!  about 30 or so feet!!!  seen it scamper away but never seen it clime up a tree!!  did we really laugh!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, you don't see that happen often or ever.  SO were you and the girlfriend preoccupied at any time when beer was present and said squirrel sucked down some of your suds?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another nice morning here and like LPS said going for the mid 80s today. By the looks of the lake this morning it is calling to me to go fishing. Glad to hear all worked out with the well pressure tank Barry. The kid and his woman came up last night. So we broke in that hanging fire basket I made a couple weeks ago when I was on furlough. Worked good. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
n aw the tree rat didn't get any suds.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  that would have really been funny for sure!!   

Hey Jb I like your fire basket!!!  very cool indeed!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that what you intended to do with the fire basket JB?  Great idea! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's now 69* & we're on our way to the upper 80's. Got a couple things on my list for this morning too, before it gets hot.  :scratch: I wonder if OUR  vacation has started yet ;) :laugh: I know if I was travelin today I'd of got an early start. Not much else here, have a good 1.  :happy1:  :cool: Like your invention JB! Mikey, LPS can I post? ;) :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. .06" of precip at the ranch from the forenoon shower yesterday. Steamy out there today with more of the same for the upcoming week. Some rain possible again tomorrow and fair chances thru Friday after that. Yard at home here is being overrun by scads of little toads that must've recently completed their metamorphosis. They are good little bug eaters. There are several larger ones that set up shop every year in the barn to feast on flies & mosquitoes. Fun to watch them when they're on the prowl.  :cool:   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that one is really small!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have huge hands! Must be from pulling tits and milking cows!  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have huge hands! Must be from pulling tits and milking cows!  :rotflmao:

AND they are completely separate things right?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here going for 87 and oh yea more humid...  don't like that at all..  but it's a Minn summer..  could use some rain for sure...  got a few things done yesterday and a few more for today..  have a good day all!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that what you intended to do with the fire basket JB?  Great idea!
Yes, wanted it to hang out over the water off the end of the dock. I will have to say that I got the idea from a neighbor a couple doors down. They have a cone shaped hanging basket hanging on the end of theirs. Always wanted to make one after seeing it. Only took me like 8 years to get it done.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 74 here heading for the high 80s again today. Looking dry yet too. Started watering the grass yesterday. Getting to brown. The wife and I made it out fishing yesterday for the first time this season. Came in with 4 dandy Walters and 2 nice saugers. Caught a ton of smaller fish. The only downside is the motor is not running right. It is a 3 cylinder 90hp and I lost power on one of the cylinders. Went thru this 5-6 years ago. Pretty much replaced the whole electrical system. Hoping I just fowled a plug. Will be checking it out today. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That is neat jb!! I'd probably cast my line though it tho. Mornin peoples,  it was great day yesterday doing the mess around in Wabasha for a while then hopped over to the Wisconsin side and idled up that side. Made a few stops then had a late lunch and some cold ones in Prescott, people watching was pretty good and no shortage of biker groups. Gots to hit Lowes after a bit then just lay low I'm thinkin..See ya!! Good luck with the motor jb!!
« Last Edit: June 06/28/20, 07:23:59 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys.   A little digging and got the boat off the lift.  Did a little  :fish2: and took a boat ride with  wife.  Pretty hot sitting out on lake fishing yesterday afternoon.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sounds like you all had a nice day yesterday.  We took a ride up to the lake and hit the backroads to check things out.  Fun drive.  May take a drive down by Carp today.  Gonna be another hot one so will relax in the AC later on.  I will hold off on mowing until tomorrow.  May have to grill something later on too.  Have a nice Sunday!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 75* now & goin for 87*, I guess. I just put a few clothes on the line, gonna be too hot for much outside this afternoon so I'll have to find somethin indoors to putz with. Rain in our fcast for tonight again & early tomorrow so I mowed after lunch yday. 'Bout all I've got today, hopin your Sunday's a good 1. Try to stay  :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon