Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901797 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! Got feed, checked out the critters over at the neighbor's pasture then unloaded the feed. Should be quitting time for a Friday. Had forgotten that today on this date in 1971, Jim Morrison died in Paris France. Heard Riders on the Storm enroute to the feed store. Last song the original members of the Doors recorded together. Great tune!  :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G2-FPlvY58 
« Last Edit: July 07/03/20, 09:34:40 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great album.  Love LA Woman too!  Heard it the other day!!!     :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning.  Gonna be 82 by 10 this morning.  So gonna get hot fast today.  I will fuel up the boat before it gets too hot.  Haven't even fished in it yet.  Thinking maybe Tuesday.  Not supposed to be too windy so should be a good day to hit the lake.  We finished bingeing on Bates Motel so now we started Sinner with Bill Pullman as a Detective.  Each season is a different story.  He is always a good actor.  Happy 4th of July to ya!  We have a great fireworks display here every year.  It is on Baudette Bay so we go by boat as lots of people do.  Fun time.  10:15 is when they start.  If it rains they light them fast and is pretty darn cool too.  That is pretty darn late for us though.  May have to take a nap in the afternoon.  May grill some steaks later on today too.  Well have a good one all of youse. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, going a hot humid day here too again..  it would be nice if the wind would pick up a little..  sounds like you're having fun with the new boat LPS and that is cool!!  there will more fire works tonight as normal..  they sent some off last night too, good color show!!  have a great 4th of July all!!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard shots going off last night too.  Then thunder and lightning for a long time and we didn't get a drop of rain.  Hope to hear that JB is alright.  That is where it was tracking to. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Alive and kicking here. Happy Independence Day!!! We got some wind and a little rain. About an 1/8" is all. But it blew our patio furniture around. It was kinda crazy. 71 here right now and according to TWC 82 for a high today. I hope so. Had 95 down at the shack yesterday. Man it was hot. 4 wheeler actually kept over heating on me. I did manage to get the mowing done around the cabin and spray most of the food plots. Lots of trees blown down so I could get to one of the stands. I had everything with for the chainsaw except the chainsaw. Forgot that at home. :crazy: I will need to remember that in a couple of weeks When we do the planting. Today will be mow lawning here if it don't rain and get the camper packed. Heading south to get the grandkids tomorrow. We will spend the night there tomorrow, then we are heading to Federal Dam to camp for a couple of nights. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that an Army Corp thing JB?  Have heard of people going there before. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, yep another hot sticky day. ISH!! :puke:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 81* now & only gonna hit 87*. Yday was our worst of it so far with the really high humidity & not even a whisper of a wind. Today is lookin much the same. :pouty: Haven't done the fireworks thing here for a while as it's too  :crazy: with all the people & with this heat  :thumbs:. Looks like a roll with it kinda day here, hopin your 4th is a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Did chores, moved some crap around, put a new end on a cord & hooked up some fans for the critters in the barn. Hoed the weeds out of the cucumber bed then fertilized & watered them. By then I was drenched. Time to get in the house & stay there. Neighbors shot off a lot of fireworks last nite. They usually have some big stuff & last nite was no exception. Ruby was not amused. Supposed to visit some friends today at Beaver Lake. Think we'll keep that brief. Too hot. Enjoy your Independence Day!  :USA:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy 4th all you hooligans. :happy1: :rotflmao: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :party3:

Sure be nice iffin it was a little more like  :snow3: :snow5: :snow5: :super smiley: :nerd:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep happy 4th gents!! Been otta the AC since Thursday,  either its getting a little better or I'm getting used to it. Tried fishin this morning but the recreational boaters have the lake ripped up, mats of floating weeds everywhere.. Gotta lotta work done tho,  do a bunch jump in and cool off tgen back at it. Well looking like brats and hot diggity dogs after a bit with more homemade hummus...See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy 4th all you hooligans. :happy1: :rotflmao: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :party3:

Sure be nice iffin it was a little more like  :snow3: :snow5: :snow5: :super smiley: :nerd:
:scratch: If you'd pipe down :bs: it'd probably feel  :rolleyes: a little............................... :cool: er.                                                      :tut: :nerd: :nerd:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a great vacation Bob.  I remember the family vacation in old vintage cabins.  No ac and didn't even think of it we were having so much fun...

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir Barry. Very nice campground and it is only $26.00 a night with no extra fees or park permit required.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 here this morning heading for low 80s today. Boy it was a hot sticky one yesterday and hardly a lick of wind. I noticed yesterday that half of the radiator on the 4 wheeler was plugged with mud. So I took some plastic off of the front and to the pressure washer and cleaned it out. Putzed around on a few things while the wife mowed. Also got some of the big ticket items packed in the camper. Most everything got rained out last night. Ended up with over 1-1/4" of rain. So we were in bed by 9. No fire down on the dock to watch the fireworks. Oh well, had me up by 5 this morning then. Now I just need to get the wife out of bed so we can get rolling. Well, just another day in paradise. Time to get ready for a road trip. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea there was very little wind here yesterday too...  made for a sticky day.. no rain here but seen some dark clouds north of us..  saying maybe rain later today or tonight...  not much going for the most part today so I'm just going to enjoy it!!  have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya it got pretty hot and humid yesterday.  We did grill some steaks last night though.  The weather got weird as it got later.  The fireworks weren't going to start until 10:15 last night which is real late for us.  We hung in there and then the thunder and lightning started to the north of us.  Pretty soon we saw boats heading back home before the fireworks went off.  Then is started raining so we didn't go.  We heard them start at 10 and they must have done a do a fast deal.  We could see lightening and then fireworks.  LOL  I thought we would have a lot of rain but the deck was dry this morning and we didn't even get enough to register.  Our lawn has really grown.  Should have mowed two days ago.  Will have to raise it up a notch and try to get er done today. Have a great day!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir Barry. Very nice campground and it is only $26.00 a night with no extra fees or park permit required.

I looked at it online and does look like a nice place. 
« Last Edit: July 07/05/20, 08:09:38 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Grandkids will be leaving today. Peace and quiet. Man it's nuts how much garbage and recycling they produce  :doofus: got a huge backyard pool the kids used. Can't imagine how much water is in that. I'll use it to water everything today really good. At least most of it won't go to waste.

Later gonna take a drive through some car lotz to look for a new to me truck.

Well time to start cleaning up.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 74* now & 'sposed to hit 90* today. At least there's goin to be a little breeze today for a change. No fireworks here either except from 1 of the neighbors. Another short list day so have to see what comes my way. Have a good day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Weather is starting to sound like a broken record. Had fun at the lake yesterday altho we stayed indoors for a pretty good chunk of it. This a.m. after chores I put the bale spear on, moved a couple hay feeders around then plopped a smaller round bale in one of them for the lambs. Gave the garden a thorough hoeing & weeding, watered some of the cukes that are still coming up, fed the orioles & came in the house. That's enough for this a.m. Time to rehydrate & regroup. Should mow the backyard but the AC feels mighty good for now.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And on this date in 1968 Credence released their self-titled debut album.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the mess is pretty much cleaned up and things out away. And a frig full of leftovers. :happy1: :happy1: we where guniny pigs for a couple new salads yesterday. Pretty tasty. A fruit salad they had cream cheese and some kind of noodle salad.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch I can't believe how productive you are.  Actually hearing you and our other buddies here do all of the stuff does cross my mind when I am procrastinating about whether I am really in the mood to do something.  It has inspired me a time or two. 

I just got done mowing the lawn and raised it up a notch since I am a couple of days later doing it.  LOL  The lawn looks much nicer.  It is not as smooth as Rebs, not even close I am sure.  But it is green.  I was scalping too many high spots before.  Sprayed around most things a few weeks ago and that makes it all easier to maintain.  I will mention our other missing comrade RH now too.  Gonna do a rack of ribs in a few minutes.  The last rack I did the membrane was already removed.  I looked at the wrapper and couldn't see anything about it.  Was great! 
« Last Edit: July 07/05/20, 11:49:08 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My lawn could use a cutting to LPS , but not going to until we get some rain and cooker temps.

I'm afraid without that it would fry. :confused:

Well off to look for a truck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like fun looking for a truck Glenn.  Get the one you really like not the next one down.  You will be glad you did.  You deserve a nice retirement truck!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like fun looking for a truck Glenn.  Get the one you really like not the next one down.  You will be glad you did.  You deserve a nice retirement truck!
actually I really don't like vehicle shopping.

Traffic wasn't even to bad. And I drove about 50 miles of hwy 23.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sell ya my 2011, Chevy, 88,000 on it... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sell ya my 2011, Chevy, 88,000 on it...
:scratch: has a topper right???

Screaming deal??🤪
« Last Edit: July 07/05/20, 04:06:18 PM by glenn57 »