Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902237 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just the tonno cover...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no need for a topper anymore......... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch I can't believe how productive you are.  Actually hearing you and our other buddies here do all of the stuff does cross my mind when I am procrastinating about whether I am really in the mood to do something.  It has inspired me a time or two. 

I just got done mowing the lawn and raised it up a notch since I am a couple of days later doing it.  LOL  The lawn looks much nicer.  It is not as smooth as Rebs, not even close I am sure.  But it is green.  I was scalping too many high spots before.  Sprayed around most things a few weeks ago and that makes it all easier to maintain.  I will mention our other missing comrade RH now too.  Gonna do a rack of ribs in a few minutes.  The last rack I did the membrane was already removed.  I looked at the wrapper and couldn't see anything about it.  Was great!

Well I'm flattered Barry. It's not like I feel all that productive though. There's just a lot of stuff to do, especially ahead of winter. And like you I play off of what others are doing here too sometimes, even glenn!  :rotflmao: Hearing what some have done in retirement sounds like my kinda gig. Having the time to get to a lot of the projects I've back burnered would be a real plus.

Ya would be fine with me if RH & Reb came back but that's up to them. Glad to hear the ribs turned out decent.  :happy1: I gotta sharpen the blades on the Agco Allis 1716h (aka "Howard", "orange mower"). Not my favorite job with the lack of a decent shop but grass is getting tougher. Hafta soldier on thru the bugs & heat. The thing has ~1550 hrs. on it. Leaks a little oil but still leaves the lawn as smooth a baby's butt, when the blades are sharp anyway. Hydro is a little shaky so maybe next year I can find something newer.  :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 69 here going for hot again!!!  got some showers popping up in the area but nothing here..  got a wake to go too today, some friends 21 year old sone passed after a long battle with cancer, very sad...  got a few things to do today but nothing heavy to get all worked up about...  have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sad about the young guy who died Mike.  Way too young.  Well our ribs turned out great!  The lawn looks great and I think I may take it a little easy today.  At least that is the plan so far.  Looks like a lot of rain in the state but all south of us.  We had a great weekend.  Even had a fire for awhile yesterday whilst it was cloudy out.  Spending a lot of time with Sammy the yellow lab.  His time is getting real close so we just hung out with him.  The nicest dog ever.  Felt good.  Watching the morning news they show clips of what is on Dr. Phil.  Man he has some doozies on.  I keep thinking about watching them but don't get around to it.  We are already a week into July.  You all have a great day!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, looks like we're in the lather, rinse, repeat cycle here too with this weather as it's 73* already & on it's way close to 90* again today. Supposed to be a bit of a breeze today so I've got a basket full of clothes ready to hit the wash machine soon. Other than that I've got a couple errands I'd like to get done sometime today. 'Bout it from this side of the border, hope your Monday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: July 07/06/20, 08:11:27 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers................ man did it pour when i left for work. made it to the car just in time!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: back at it today. 1 more week of furlough left, week of july 20th. friggin unemployment system is a effin joke. :angry2: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: training-087

yea this hot humid weather sucks............. :tongue: :censored: :bs:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  Boomers here right now.  I left the river just in time to make it home before the skies opened up.  Hey, at least I had a couple of hits this morning, but empty hooks when reeling in.  LOL!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 75 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's again. Thunderstorms are hitting an imaginary wall west of Mankato & drying up from the looks of things. Some diddle around projects (can you come & look at these fields quick?) on the slate so far. It is Monday & the day is young however... :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers................ man did it pour when i left for work. made it to the car just in time!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: back at it today. 1 more week of furlough left, week of july 20th. friggin unemployment system is a effin joke. :angry2: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: training-087

The unemployment department is run by union employees...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So what's your point?? :scratch: different union then what ours does.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So what's your point?? :scratch: different union then what ours does.
Unions is unions.  They exist to protect their members and get them the most pay for the least effort. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: whatever. In 3 months I won't give a shiat!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here foing for the mid 80's again and no rain so far...  going down to HD's this morning to get that snojet from him for my friend..  hope to get there around mid morning if all goes according to plan..  then I have to think about mowing the yard when I get back, oh happy day of mowing..  :rotflmao:  well have a good day all!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here foing for the mid 80's again and no rain so far...  going down to HD's this morning to get that snojet from him for my friend..  hope to get there around mid morning if all goes according to plan..  then I have to think about mowing the yard when I get back, oh happy day of mowing..  :rotflmao:  well have a good day all!!
what kind of bankers hours does HD have?? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: don't forget to tell him what a nice guy I am too. :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :laughroll:

Morning fellers, gotta stop at shop in st cloud before heading to Ramsey. Tomorrow my first trip to Hagar city in a while, Thursday to grand rapids to rally da troops. :happy1: it can  :snow2: :snow1: :snow5: :snow3: anytime. This crap is getting really old. :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn I can try but remember he knows you!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another great day!  It got so cool last night we had to close the windows.  It is 61 now so I don't really know how cool it got.  About as cool as all of us on here mayhaps.   :happy1:  I may go do some sturgy fishing today.  I need to get back in the fishing groove.  I can get this other work done anytime.  You need to get used to the retirement motto as I do too Glenn.  A retired friend of mine says "Why do it today when I can probably get it done tomorrow".  LOL  We got a straight down nice steady rain before dark last night that must have lasted 1/2 hour or so.  We got a nice 1/4" of rain out of it.  Good luck on your truck shopping Glenn and say hi to HD Mike.  Del, calm down.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I'm  calm.  Here at lake. We got a couple inches of rain the last day or so, so don't have to worry about boat getting stuck on the lift, no wind, a little cooler than that 90 degree stuff.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 74* now & back near 90*, they're sayin. :scratch: I looked early, LPS, & TWC said it got down to 55* up there in our neck of the woods. We haven't seen anything much < 70* overnight for what feels like a month down here so I thought 55* sounded pretty nice. Tomorrow is 'sposed to be the worst day so far for us, low -mid 90's, heat indices well over 100. :pouty: Only managed to get 1 of my errands done yday so the other will get done today. Have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is brutal Gunner.  Didn't I hear you say awhilst back that you may move up to the lake house permanently? 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, that was the long range plan when we rebuilt.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: You know who you sound like again now don't you  :rolleyes: , glenn,  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: about the weather all the time.  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                                                       ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: You know who you sound like again now don't you  :rolleyes: , glenn,  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: about the weather all the time.  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                                                       ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :evil:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Rain missed us or dried up before it got here this time so will have to see what develops over the next several days. We're not hurting but we're starting out oh fer July. This has been a pattern so far this growing season. Dry early April, May & June with the bulk of the rain falling the last half of each month. Not a bad way to operate actually. Corn should be rooted down about as well as one can expect. Sure looks healthy & tassels are poking thru in some fields. Rain in the forecast tomorrow night. If the garden needs supplemental watering in the meantime we can easily do that. Looking good so far.  :happy1:     

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 71 here at federal dam and just chilling drinking my decaf this morning. Grandkids are still sleeping and da wifey is off showering. We got here around 4 yesterday afternoon. Spent to much time messing around in Buffalo and Monticello hitting a few different stores trying to find a bike tube for my grandson's bike. 3rd store was a charm Fleet Farm in Monticello had one. The other 2 were out of his size. Guy at Wally world said there is a bike shortage because of the Rona. Only bikes to be found were little kids bikes. Well just going to be a chilling kinda day here. Heading home tomorrow. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

I have not had any problems, yet. But I have heard of a few that have. Most of the issues seem to be if they worked anytime during the furlough. Or if you happen to answer one question wrong it screws everything up. Good luck with it Glenn. I think this is my last one for me.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Guess we know what happened to glenn's :doofus: now.  :doah:                                           ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, thunder storm going on now, so that means we are getting rain!!  bird bath was down about an inch and it's almost full again!!  we needed the rain for sure...  when I got home yesterday I decided to mow the yard hoping for the rain, glad I got that done!!!  going into Alex this morning to reload supplies...  it's supposed get close to 90 today so I'm thinking no HH in yard...  might have to find some ac!!!  have a good day all!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Still having java here on this nice rainy day.  Actually just sprinkling here.  Less than a 1/4" so far.  I see you are in the thick of it there Mike.  We went for a nice boat ride last night.  Was beautiful on the river.  Tried to get me a sturgy yesterday but no luck.  Had something stealing my bait though.  SO there are critters down there to be caught.  Just gonna take it easy today.  No big plans.  Thinking I will have some of my homemade breakfast sausage and eggs for breakfast today.  Well you all have a great day.  Keep your eyes on the weather.