Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904105 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yupper.,it's a grand TGIF JB,opening duck season in dairy land I see,yesterday at our local sport shop using they're gun range to zero my scope after my clumsy self knocked my rifle over....over herd a group of would be duck hunter's complain "no waterfowl loads" on the shelves....sucks to be them,I also scored a brick of .22 LR HP's first time available since 2019 the store was rat holing away from shopper's,seem's this is the new trend,stores hoarding ammo for folks purchasing firearms and in my case a regular customer...

all have a safe weekend.

Offline weareacouple

• Outdoorsman
Waking up 15 floors above Chicago and not impressed. Much rather be looking over our Minnesota lake. Can't figure out why anyone lives here.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 54* when I was out in the garage & it's lookin like 61* will be the top here too. Had some light rain ~ 6, still sprinkling too but I said WTH :scratch: & hung my clothes on the line anyway. Had the best :fishing: of the season last night, so good I stayed out there 'til after 8. :happy1: :cool: Kept just 3 :fish2: but released 5 or 6 more, 1 went almost 20" & the others were too small. Weather was just about perfect too & I would've stayed longer but they shut down a 1/2 hour or so after the sun went down. That's all I've got now, hopin your Friday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cloudy and breezy here.  Not sure what the day brings other than get the genny running out at the camper.  Gonna do a sleep in the woods tonight.  Will be fun.  Been a couple of weeks.  I got a pork, cheese, wild rice ring sausage from the meat market in the store here. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 49 at choretime heading for a high in the lower 60's. Some rain & breezy conditions on tap for later too. May have to make a trip to the meat market & grocery store. Restocked on charcoal so need to do some chicky & maybe a hunk of beef before the Mrs. returns Wed. Juniper berry extract supply is solid altho I should prolly take on some club soda. Looked at a soda stream & cylinders the other day at FF. No sheep mineral but they had that! Would prolly pay for itself after a while & wouldn't have all those empty liter bottles cluttering up the place. Anyone else have one?  :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cloudy and breezy here.  Not sure what the day brings other than get the genny running out at the camper.  Gonna do a sleep in the woods tonight.  Will be fun.  Been a couple of weeks.  I got a pork, cheese, wild rice ring sausage from the meat market in the store here.
Did you ever build yourself the extended run gas tank for the genny Barry?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No but I have all of the parts I need.  Maybe I will do that this afternoon. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Mornin' gang! 49 at choretime heading for a high in the lower 60's. Some rain & breezy conditions on tap for later too. May have to make a trip to the meat market & grocery store. Restocked on charcoal so need to do some chicky & maybe a hunk of beef before the Mrs. returns Wed. Juniper berry extract supply is solid altho I should prolly take on some club soda. Looked at a soda stream & cylinders the other day at FF. No sheep mineral but they had that! Would prolly pay for itself after a while & wouldn't have all those empty liter bottles cluttering up the place. Anyone else have one?  :coffee:

With yer G&T consumption, mayhap you should invest in one o' dese... :tequila;  :rotflmao:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373614591617?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1xzY3NSTRTjyzDIuvjGNbYg95&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=373614591617&targetid=1262931797162&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9019795&poi=&campaignid=12873834688&mkgroupid=116682566330&rlsatarget=pla-1262931797162&abcId=9300536&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjw7rWKBhAtEiwAJ3CWLGcYxqyxfFEMLh7vQ7B0hm8w5fyGxhiHSIY71mxw3JZ17yCogxQGqxoCRwcQAvD_BwE

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 47* for us & I'm seein 64* for the high. Chance of some precip again this mornin, kind of breezy too. Started to clean out the back of the boat shed yday mornin & didnt get real far so we'll work on that some more today. Have a good day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 this morning..  I se my big pine tree is shedding it's needles big time again...  so gutter cleaning is on the menu today..  also going to smoke the wild rice meat loaf today too...  and the new corn bread was a hit too!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A little frost here this morning, hopefully not enough to do much damage but it did get down to 32 at the airport. Good day to all, back to work for this kid.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 47 here and heading for mid 60s also today. Forecast is showing chance of rain until 10 this morning. Radar shows a line of rain heading this way. Good thing I changed my mind on hunting this morning. I am hoping to go out fishing instead today. We shall see what happens. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 this morning..  I se my big pine tree is shedding it's needles big time again...  so gutter cleaning is on the menu today..  also going to smoke the wild rice meat loaf today too...  and the new corn bread was a hit too!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
Got a few big pines on the north side here & the needles get so thick that it's hard to get any grass to grow. Way too dusty then so I try to keep 'em cleaned up some to help get some grass over there.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a few big pines on the north side here & the needles get so thick that it's hard to get any grass to grow. Way too dusty then so I try to keep 'em cleaned up some to help get some grass over there.

they really burn good too!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 36 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Was frost on top of the round bales by the barn. .07" of rain at the ranch yesterday afternoon. Need to change the water filters in the basement again Got some rust getting thru the system on the hard water for drinking and ice maker. Can't have orange G&T's. Also need to make a run to get a couple mineral blocks and some loose mineral for the sheep. The last 2 times I stopped at FF they had neither after advertising them as on sale. Bought a couple protein blocks but the sheep blew thru them in a week's time. Fed up with FF's bare shelves for essentials. Eff 'em. Going to my little local feed store. Can get some more cheese curds that way too.  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: September 09/25/21, 08:54:49 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Done with coffee.  The wife already has a fire going to burn up some sticks and stuff.  I see she is wiping the garden out too.  I am having sausage and eggs.  LOL  I better get out and help her.  LOL  I fired up the new Simpson pressure washer yesterday.  Man that thing has some kick to it.  So far I am really happy with it.   Youse all have a good one. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here this morning heading for 71 so it says. Nice calm morning in the woods. Hunt this morning then putz this after around the house. Have a good one boys.
This mornings view

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, nice view JB!!!  good luck!!   53 here and going for 80 they say... will have to go for a bike ride for sure today..  got my gutters cleaned out, lots of pine needles!!  next will be the tree leaves when they fall...  at least they don't get stuck in there when I blow them out...  have  a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  In the house having coffee.  Nice morning.  Calm as can be.  Had a fun night around the fire and in the camper.  Not sure what is up yet today.  I did find a few big mushrooms that just popped up where I have never seen them before. I will post the pics once they get here.  They are big uns too.  Must be fast growers cuz they weren't there the other day. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are here: 

Possibly a Pheasant backed mushroom
« Last Edit: September 09/26/21, 08:29:21 AM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 54* as I headed to the boat & the mid-70's will be the high. C & R'ed  3 crappies & 1 gill along with a couple rock'o's already this morning & I didn't even have to leave the bay. :happy1: :cool: 'Bout time for the Sunday paper run, need some boat gas & minnows too. After that I we'll see. :scratch: Worked on the shed cleaning a bit yday & we're almost done with that. Better roll, hopin your Sunday's a good 1!!

Offline weareacouple

• Outdoorsman
good morning all...a great looking day starting out there although going to hang out in bed and going to let you early birds get the worms. Be safe out there

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting LPS...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
52* right now headed for about 80* today. Wedder morjits squawking "Summer is returning!" for this week. Highs in mid 80's. Drove by the big corn tower hoopla yday; immediately thought that Dotch would look dapper and deboner while making field calls in one of the corn hats. He might be getting a pkg in the mail... :evil:
Chicky on the grill later and and gonna watch the Bucs crush the sheep...if it's on DirecTV here. :rolleyes: Have a pleasant day and enjoy yer evening.

https://www.kaaltv.com/rochester-minnesota-news/olmstedcountycelebratesearofcornwatertowerrevitalization/6249386/?cat=10151

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high near 80. Combines will be rolling this afternoon. Got mineral for the sheep yesterday so they're happy about that. Also worked on getting the rust problem solved in the unsoftened water line. Must've been some rust cut loose after I changed filters about 6 weeks ago. Appears changing both filters again and flushing the lines did the trick. Ice is getting clearer with each cycle. Water from the drinking water tap looks and smells better too. Might mow lawn for a while this afternoon. Have somemore stuff I could haul out to the dumpster as well. Lots easier to get rid of junk when the Mrs. is gone, especially if it's hers!  :evil: BTW, I already have one of those hats. Just sent it off to glenn... :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Finish off getting my single and snowmobile trailers ready for Winter today. Time to dig the yard vac out of the woods and see if that runs too. One more round of golf tomorrow and I should be able to put the clubs away and dust off the portable fish house. How about them Vikes? Had a game with few mistakes. Have a great all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning ppl,little damp and chilly out the door 57 degree's but how about a great sunday weather wise,duck  hunting was slow,not many local birds around but it was great to get out, years ago sleepless night the day before in duck camp,not so these days,could tell "old age" creeping up,not as sprie as I was in my younger days even tho I setup on a pass shoot in between two bodies of water,dang teal and wood ducks came thru like F-16's... sctratched out two young ducks 1 young drake mallard and a yearling drake woodie,my 9 yr old pupper acted like he was still 1yr old having a blast.

Happy sept monday all looks like a great fall week weather wise ahead.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here this AM heading for low 70s today. It was a nice weekend for sure. No deer seen from the tree stand the 2 times I sat. Oh well, was still nice being out there. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin  all, 51 here and going for 75..  yes it was a great day yesterday!!  got a few things done and went on a nice bike ride with the Gf...  got a few things to do today and they will be easy to do...   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 48* here last I looked & 72* is 'sposed to be the high. Went out :fishing: for a couple hours already &got a couple :fish2:, just finished a little bfast too. Got a few things on my list for today, see how far I get.  :scratch: Sure was a nice day yday!! 'Bout all from these parts, have a good day!!