Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Just Food and Drink  (Read 38455 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
DE's great beer! And how can ya go wrong with a belly bomb!!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good and easy bobber, the only thing I can see u getting in trouble for while being left unattended is that your not using a coaster under your bottle.  :happy1:  just wipe up the bottle ring marks on the table and she'll never find out
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm still waiting for my dinner to come walking up!  ;D  :archery:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
well at least your staying hydrated and the view aint bad either.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Nice meal General!!!  Good combo on the plate.  If I was in a canoe with that gal I'd make sure she was in the front so I could enjoy the "view".  good luck.
if i was in a canoe with here i wouldnt be padling cept up river. ;)
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nothing to write home about,  but this is what happens when I'm left unattended on South of the border day.

I don't always drink beer but when I do I eat things that an hour later I can clear a room :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some "Korean Hot Chicken" last night.  Probably not the actual Korean name but that's what we call it.  I have made this for many years and is a favorite of ours.  My daughters make it all the time as well.  Kind of a cool weather meal, winter meal, and they always give me a hard time when I make it in the summer.  "Dad it's warm out, why the heat?"  :campfire:  To me I can make a steak for breakfast and bacon and eggs for supper at times. There are no rules. Anyway,  we are having leftovers tonight.  Made some fresh cucumber kimchi to have with it but when It came down t o eat, I forgot I made it.  Senior moment but I will have some tonight.  good luck

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Another tasty meal  :happy1:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That does look tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Bone-in pork country style ribs on the menu tonight.  Made my own sauce and got them nice and tender like a butchers heart.  On the side is Asian mushrooms and calliflower along with some fresh made cucumber kimchi.  good luck.

« Last Edit: May 05/09/16, 06:59:44 PM by Reinhard »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haveta sit down at yer table some day before I die, RH.   ;D

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
More wonderful looking chow RH. Someday after visiting your neighborhood nudist colony I'll have to have them point out where you live. With their hands of course...lol
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am glad for the last sentence Dotch.  AND yes RH knows how to make a meal.  I like the part about having a steak for breakfast and bacon and eggs for supper.  There is nothing wrong with me now.   :scratch:  I did have steak for supper last night.  I put it in my GMG DB for about 45 minutes with the smoke tube and the grill off.  Then turned the grill on to 500 and put the steak back in for a nice cook.  Turned out a great medium rare.  I even have some leftovers for work today. 

I just heard the weather forecast for the weekend.  On Sat morning there may be some sleet coming down.  Darn.   It is getting colder again.  I am hoping it warms up more than they think.  I like to take the wife out for a couple of hours and try to get some walleyes.  One year we had high water and lots of current.  We used 1 oz. jigs and fished right near shore where there was less current.  We caught a limit of 18" walleyes in a short time.  Was a great fishing experience.  My wife caught as many as me.

Well gotta go.  Have a great day all of you.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice job on the cooking :happy1:  I too hope any bad weather holds off this weekend.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Lindell,  ya the weather doesn't sound real fun but we'll give it a go.  Usually I do all my cold smoking on the big rig  but thought I would use the weboar today. I sure hope the Mrs didn't have any plans for the remaining eggs. If anything they might give us a little elbow room Saturday.

« Last Edit: May 05/10/16, 03:44:55 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Adding smomed eggs to tater salad or going straight up with these?  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
These bombs will be as is, the last few batches got turned into deviled eggs or salad.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I tried posting grill/dinner pics five times here...won't work. No pics for tonite..... :banghead:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well, I tried posting grill/dinner pics five times here...won't work. No pics for tonite..... :banghead:

Are they to big? Might have to re-size um.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Love the eggs Bobber and especially the black lab.  Love Lab's.  Lucy is a chocolate lab and I love her as much as I think you love yours.   What is it with the openers anyway.  There were some good one's but that weather seems to love the opener as well.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks reinhard,  it's amazing how spoiled these pooches can get. The amount of  work he does for me during the year , they deserve it!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Last night I made another diet meal.  This one has very low fat ingredients but yet was very good.  Took some boneless chicken breasts and simmered them in some olive oil in my large wok.  When almost done I added some medium salsa and green onions.  Then after about 5 more minutes I added the cauliflower.  When the cauliflower is tender then I added  one bunch of cilantro chopped up, stirred it around a few times and it's ready to serve.  I had some cucumber kimchi that I made, on the side.   good luck

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
That does look tasty.   :happy1:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Smoked ribs with chipotle BBQ rub and sweet baby rays BBQ sauce, fresh cut seasoned fries and broiled romaine with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, sea salt and Ramano sprinkled on top. The only thing I forgot was an ice cold beer :doah:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Coffee hows that white balsamic vinegar? I have 3 different dark balsamics one thick and 12 years old.I never tried white.I do know its made from white wine grape must,So is it a milder vinegar??
 The meal looks great! Stir fry veggies w/chicken(Left overs)for us tonight!
 I need some ribs MMMMMMMMM!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Coffee hows that white balsamic vinegar? I have 3 different dark balsamics one thick and 12 years old.I never tried white.I do know its made from white wine grape must,So is it a milder vinegar??
I use the white balsamic more than the dark only because I've had stomach problems and the white vinegar doesn't give me killer acid reflux or heartburn. Yes It does have a milder taste but you still get a good balsamic flavor

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We had some ripe avacodos, so we made some dip with ghost peppers and olive oil. ...wwoooo...wwhhooo!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
We had some ripe avacodos, so we made some dip with ghost peppers and olive oil. ...wwoooo...wwhhooo!
Thats to hot fer me!! Now days I stop at serranos.tell us how hot it was tomorrow morn!! Hehehe :surrender: :surrender:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I use the white balsamic more than the dark only because I've had stomach problems and the white vinegar doesn't give me killer acid reflux or heartburn. Yes It does have a milder taste but you still get a good balsamic flavor
Thanks. I got acid reflux also,I take perscribed drug for it.The only thing that bothers me now days is Hormel little sizzlers when we have breakfast evenings,I love em but it must be grease?? I'll have to get some white give er a try! sometimes dark is abit heavy on delicate greens

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are all dynamite meals rh and coffee,  HD you must be part crow to be able to handle that kind of abuse.  :bow:. I'm doing my best as shore lunch goes on this one. Cooked up 3 eyes and a northern on the cast iron. The wife whipped up a seafood salad and rolls. Sorry no final pic, it was a eat now and taste later kinda meal.