Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Green chili chilie NewMexico style  (Read 1713 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 seein I am in my Mexican recipes here is a great green chilie!!

Green chili NewMexico style
« on: September 23, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
ReplyReply  Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify  Remove messageRemove
2 -Large cans Green chiles
2 -Large cans pinto beans
1 -Large can whole tomatoes
3 lbs -cheap pork
tsp -black pepper
1/2tsp -oregano
1 -Large onion diced
Dash or two chili powder
Brown the pork in a large pot with a little oil,Once its browned add all ingredients EXCEPT the beans,Simmer for two or more hours.Whan the pork is real tender add the beans,let it set to heat beans then serve with fresh tortillas roasted over the flame of the stove,wrap the tortillas in a damp towel till they are all roasted.
 Enjoy
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Sounds awesome Dew2...just make sure they are "HATCH" brand of the green chiles.  Hatch New Mexico grows the best chiles for this.  Fresh are best Mama was given a bunch for Chile Relleno's and told by my friends Mom to wear rubber gloves when cleaning... she thought they were kidding her as a Gringo from Nodak...WRONG!   You can skip the beans Add a can of Hominey and some more water and have Posole.. :happy1:

I lived in Nuevo Mexico for a few years...

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Hatch tyhe chili capitol of the world.Been there lots.Ever been to chili days?
 I have a seperate recipe fpr posole its pretty different than this.I never use gloves and green newmex chilis arent that hot.I have done serranos and jalapenos bare handed buckets of em and YAH I was sorry felt kinda good tho! I can see why capsaicin is used fer arthritis!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine