Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Chevy Impala LTZ  (Read 4348 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi all.  We are looking to buy a different car.  Want to stay around $10 - $12,000.  Want Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler.  I found a cherry 2011 Impala LTZ with 44,000 miles for around $11,000.  I like to read reviews and it is great when they support what you want.  They suck when they don't support what you want. Some of the ones I read say the trannys suck.  My brother is hard on vehicles and has had two chevy cars in that age appx. and hasn't had a bit of problem with them. 

I just wondered if anyone here has any stories pro or con about them. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Impala is a great car!Lots of bells and whistles with the LTZ,keep in mind if it has the 3.9lit engine its poor on mpg's but spunky,if it has the 5.3lit engine worse but really spunky...Do a car fax if possible,good idea to check the history,flood car? hail damage? branded title?etc.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We really like our impala. I think it has around 90K on it now. I'm hoping it has a long life ahead of it.
It's a little hard on my back on a long drive but we don't do a lot of that anyway.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
!
Thanks.  I bought the car.  I guess it is a 2LT not a LTZ.  But it has the Bose speaker option and some other options that are on the LTZ like a spoiler.  Man the speakers are great!!!  We drove over 400 miles today and then got the car at about mile 350 and I was ready to do some more cruising.  I even went to town and filled it up for the wife just so I could listen to more tunes.  The XM Radio still works in the car.  I wonder how long that will last?  It has 44,000 miles.  Looks like new.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It has the 3.5 and it is pretty snappy compared to our Buick Lesabre that we traded in...  I do wish the seats were a little softer though.  May have to buy something for that.  They are the heated leather and look like showroom new like the rest of the car.  I need floor mats so may order some of those Weathertec ones.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cool beans barry, cant go wrong with a chevy..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't go wrong with a Chevy?  pshaw.  Tell that to those of us old timers who had impalas with 200 series trannies. 

XM will work so long as you keep up a subscription.  Letting it run out might get you a better deal.  Runs about 10 to 15 dollars a month. 

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
weather tech is the best..
and my m is $31 for 6 months.  just need to cancel before the 6 months is up... or renegotiate another 6months for $31
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife just texted me.  The XM is done.  Tells her to subscribe.  lol  Will have to check it out now.  It was pretty nice.   Great tunes.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The wife just texted me.  The XM is done.  Tells her to subscribe.  lol  Will have to check it out now.  It was pretty nice.   Great tunes.

Sounds to me like it's time to trade it in  :bonk:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man don't tell her that.  I see XM is 10.99 for the music package.  $15.99 for medium package and $19.99 for the top package.  If I had Boars money I would go top shelf.  Since I don't I am going to get a cord to hook up to my cell phone that has some great music and talk stations on it.  The cord is $7.  Will see how that goes.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man don't tell her that.  I see XM is 10.99 for the music package.  $15.99 for medium package and $19.99 for the top package.  If I had Boars money I would go top shelf.  Since I don't I am going to get a cord to hook up to my cell phone that has some great music and talk stations on it.  The cord is $7.  Will see how that goes.

That works if you have a generous data plan and good coverage.  Lots of holes in the data coverage out in the rural areas.    I also use my ipod.  Lots of tunes.   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  LPS, we bought an 07 LTZ a couple years ago and I love it. It has the 3.9 in it, I think it's good mileage and more snap than a person should need. I hit the bottom of the on ramp on I-94 at Osakis at 70-75 no problem. I'd buy another. Enjoy.
mm

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
boars money??? you mean mrs boarts money. : :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i get an allowencce..lol
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
boars money??? you mean mrs boarts money. : :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i get an allowencce..lol
and probably more then you deserve!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,if you bought the car from a dealer you should get free trial xm for 60days on used,check with your dealer,sounds like they didn't subscribe for you.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
LPS,if you bought the car from a dealer you should get free trial xm for 60days on used,check with your dealer,sounds like they didn't subscribe for you.

The money it costs Chevy for 60 days of XM now goes towards CEO bonus funds and the Union bumper guy in case their isn't any bumpers to put on that day to bribe him to help with fenders.   ;)
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

The money it costs Chevy for 60 days of XM now goes towards CEO bonus funds and the Union bumper guy in case their isn't any bumpers to put on that day to bribe him to help with fenders.   ;)
dat might just get ya a smite!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!