Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 1st for me  (Read 1988 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I hit a 40 acre beaver pond/lake.  It's a mile down a logging road and 50 yards through thick trees.  I trapped it this last winter and took a leap of faith.  I was hoping for pike or bass.  My bait of choice was a black 1/2 ounce spinnerbait.  1st cast I catch a 13 inch perch.  I caught a carbon copy on the second cast.  Ended up keeping a dozen beauties.  I only had big baits with except for a few ice jigs and 1 inch gulp alive shiners.  Caught only dinks with that bait and on every cast.  I never caught a bass or pike.  Either they don't  exist in this lake or they are to we'll fed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/29/16, 06:37:50 PM by dakids »
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
Nice Perch, now where did you say this was?? ;)

"Ace" :happy1:

"It's just fishing man"
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
Check us out on facebook.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Nice Perch, now where did you say this was?? ;)

"Ace" :happy1:

"It's just fishing man"
Between leech lake and grand rapids.  I could take you there if you wore a blindfold.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, nice perch...

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We will have to call you the perch master. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't blame you for keeping that little gem to yourself.  I have fished a few of these types of ponds or small lakes that are hidden from most folks.  Two of the small lakes I have ventured into had perch like the one's you showed, but they also had pike and as far as I know that was it for it was all we caught there over the years.  One other one had pike and perch but also had some crappies that were nice sized. 

I have a friend who owns 380 acres of hunting land in northern Minnesota.  On his property he has a 100 acre lake.  Shallow, and springs are all over but there is a creek going in and going out.  I fished it a couple of times and got a 12 pound pike and some smaller ones.  Lot's of nice perch also but that's it.   Glad you got into some nice perch!!!  good luck.