Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Winnie fishing report 6/7/16  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Four Seasons Resort

• Outdoorsman
Four Seasons Fishing Report June 6, 2016

I "had to" go fishing yesterday. I made up my mind to fish like it was 1993!

We were looking for walleyes only, so I took them out like I used to take out fishermen in 1993. My plan was to fish on the main bars only. Fish with lindy rigs and leeches. It worked for a while, we had a nice bunch of keeper size walleyes along with some in the slot. But when the northwest wind kicked up to 20-25 mph, I had to change tactics.
We went up north and fished on one of my favorite spots in the 10-12' range. The fish were very cooperative, but the ratio of keepers to slot fish went way down. The jigs and minnows in the shallow spot were equal to the rigs and leeches in number of fish caught. So my fish like it was 1993 was successful. The only thing missing was my Lowrance Bluewater Pro flasher and my compass!
The walleyes have migrated out to the midlake structures. When the winds are calmer, this is the best way to catch walleyes. When the
wind blows, you can still have good success shallow.
Perch fishing continues to be very good. Look to the shoreline breaks in 15-20' for the larger perch. There are large schools of smaller perch in the shallow water.
Northerns are being caught on the 15-20' breakline with jigs and minnows.
Everyone has been catching fish. There is no problem catching enough for supper. If you are looking for a multi-species fishery, now is the time to come to Lake Winnie. We have openings for the remainder of the month of June. Pick out a date, and give us a call. - Joe Thompson, Four Seasons Resort 218-665-2231

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Awesome!  :happy1: Thanks for the report!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!