Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Winnie fishing report 6/20/2016  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Four Seasons Resort

• Outdoorsman
Four Seasons Fishing Report June 20, 2016 - Father's Day, 2016

I had the distinct pleasure of fishing with my two boys today. It was just like it was 25 years ago, except my son Mark drove the boat and I just had to fish. In fact, I sat in the middle and David even had to deploy the drift bag! But like 25 years ago, the old man still caught the most fish!

Here are photos of the better walleyes we caught. We started out fishing the main shoreline break with rigs and leeches. When the wind drove us off of our spot, we switched to jigs and minnows on the flats in 14-15' of water.
We caught a mixed bag of walleyes and northerns as well as some very small perch. David was happy he had a few fish to bring home.

This week offered some tough conditions for our guests. The wind seemed to switch daily and it blew hard from each direction. The fishing was limited by the wind and that hampered efforts to catch fish. Walleyes are holding to the structure in the lake when the wind is lighter.

Make sure you pay close attention to the inside and outside turns on each spot. This seems to be the key to catching walleyes in the calmer conditions. When the wind blows, the fish are scattered all over the flats just up from the main shoreline break.

You can find them anywhere from 5-15'. Watch your electronics for the bait on the screen. Where the bait is, the fish won't be far away.

Also with windy conditions comes tougher perch fishing. It is easier to catch perch when you can "hover" on the fish and fish vertically. Windy and rough conditions make this much more difficult.

Best bet for northerns is on the flats fishing jigs and minnows.

We are looking at some consistent weather for the rest of this week so I look for a good week of fishing. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

• Outdoorsman
Trying to post pictures

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Outdoorsman
Another

[attachment deleted by admin]