Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I'm trying tooooooo......  (Read 2522 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :archery:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Moon Lake Refuge

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
first year out for bow.  Kind of excited, only been out for rifle and shotgun before.  Should probably go finish sighting it in soon...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too ML.  I always deer hunt with slugs if I go south and rifle up here.  This year I am going to try my cross bow.   I shot a bear with it and it was quite a thrill.  Would be fun  to stick a deer with it.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup i plan on kill my critters this year with bow.excited.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Moon Lake Refuge

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I sat for turkey this spring with it but its not a great area.  I ended up napping both days in the grass.  That wasn't bad either though!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I will go bow hunting whenever I'm not rifle or muzzleloader hunting.  I basically go from mid September until December 31st. Got lots to do before hunting starts.  First thing is to put away the turkey stuff as it is still piled in my office.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too ML.  I always deer hunt with slugs if I go south and rifle up here.  This year I am going to try my cross bow.   I shot a bear with it and it was quite a thrill.  Would be fun  to stick a deer with it.
What cha got for a crossbow LPS? I bought one 2 years ago and then was told dont even go out.The neck was what held me back cause of a docs warning.
 I have a Barnett Recruite 180??200lb??  with the crank cock.Its slick and 3-4 times as fast as the older Browing compound.Still I would like to use the Fred Bear recurve again sometime?
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a Ten Point with the cocking rope built in the stock.  I love it.  Easy to cock too.  I have had shoulder ops on both sides so was glad to get a crossbow.  I am 62 so I can use it during any bow season in MN.  I don't think I would shoot at a deer more than 40 yards out.  I practice at 20 and 30 for bear but will try 40 yard shots now while practicing now that I am after deer..   I am working on my blind that will be 100 yards from my house.  Will be a blast for me and my wife to sneak out to it and see what we can get.  I have does around here all summer so I am hoping they will draw in some bucks this fall.