Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: On a whim...  (Read 2665 times)

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Haven't done much on the forums lately, job has been crazy the last couple of months - I've been peeking in but not participating as much as I'd like to. Thought I'd share what I came up with tonight.  My garden's putting out about 4-5 BIG zucchinis per week right now - I needed to find a fresh application. My kids wanted plain old spaghetti tonight - easily crowd pleaser for them, and I like it too-- but I took mine to the next level...

Spaghetti Zucchini Boats!

1.  Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise (make sure you slice it parallel to the table top as the zucchini lays naturally so the final product stands on its own).  Then scoop out the seeds.

2.  Brush hollowed halves with a little extra virgin olive oil and season lightly with kosher salt and pepper.  Place in a 375 deg oven for 10 minutes, just to get them a little tender.

3.  Fill your halves with your spaghetti and top liberally with mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese.

4. Broil on second rack from the top for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble.

Not a new idea by any means but first time I've tried.  Didn't follow any recipe and it turned out WAY tastier than I thought.  Knew it would be good, but it was absolutely fantastic, not to mention easy!  Zucchini sort of lends itself to italian, but next time I might try some type of chicken filling or taco. ENJOY!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Looks Great will try it! Tks for sharing.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The kids ate the zucchini? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks awesome.  The wife did something like that last year when we had zucchinis.  Now I wish we had some planted this year. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great!!!  Always nice to try something new.  I've got some ideas with zucchini also in my Recipe page you may like.  Lot's of different ways to stuff the zucchini's.  That looks like a kid favorite right there.  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Unfortunately the kids just got the plain spaghetti.  We eat zucchini all the time as a side and they're not fans, it would've been a waste of a good veggie if I made boats for them.

they do like Zucchini bread, but I'm getting sick of that because we make it so much.  My wife found a good zucchini chocolate muffin recipe that's pretty good, though.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats awsome! great presentation really.  that like a great loaded potatoe.  great job!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks for the idea Thunder! It turned out great and....the kids loved it!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice!!  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nice work HD!  Glad you liked them!