Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Easter grub  (Read 459 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The other day I got us outfitted for Easter.  I got a 10 lb ham.  Shank end.  I usually get butt portion but switched to a shank this year.  Supposed to be leaner with a straight bone so easier to cut up they say.  Will be a fun bake.  Will have candied yams with it and a frozen veggie steamed. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just another day, could be ribs, hotdish or meatballs...   maybe even pizza!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Since it sounds like glenn will be on his own tomorrow, you could invite him over for some tater tot hotdish and cottage cheese, with chives of course... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We're headed up to Sis's & the BIL wanted lasagna.............. he's not big on ham.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like we're heading to Owatonna for Chinese. Wife sorta decided that as a combination birthday/Easter deal. I have an assortment of brats I picked up at Neighbor's meat market in town just in case... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I've been told what the menu is but it often changes.
      A baked ham, homemade potato salad, baked beans, biscuits and I forget what else. I guess I didn't pay  much attention when my wife spoke. First time that's ever happened. Strawberry shortcake for dessert. There may be a few cans of Grain Belt Premium in there somewhere, too.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Since it sounds like glenn will be on his own tomorrow, you could invite him over for some tater tot hotdish and cottage cheese, with chives of course... :whistling:
:tut: :rotflmao: shadow can have my share. He eats everything.  :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

with bacon!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

with bacon!!!   
:rotflmao: i'm starting to come around with bacon, but its not my first choice!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to be venny back straps with onions, mushrooms and green pepper tonight.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Eater bunny ribs!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my italian meat balls were great!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Easter dinner.  The ham was perfect and juicy.  That is yams and creamed spinach.  All good stuff.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Ham, Mac & cheese, green beans.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I really like creamed spinach and yams.  We did sort of a brunch for two with an egg bake, ham, and fresh fruit.
Great weather, I considered firing up the grill, but the egg bake was prepared last night to put in the oven today.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did the Chinese buffet at the East Wind in Owatonna. Hadn't been there since right after COVID restrictions had been partially lifted. It was a little disappointing that time after many years of stuffing ourselves there. Today it was back to being great again. Food that was supposed to be hot was hot, ditto with the cold food, plenty of food, it was clean and there were new items to try that I'd definitely put on my plate again. They were still using paper plates and cups but that didn't matter. Managed a dandy nap once we got home. :happy1: 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I had a burger.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear Dotch. We got burned their the last couple times and we took it off our list of places to go.