Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489504 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
HOT TIP, guys: DO NOT put green peppers in the microwave!!! I put a handful of chopped ones wrapped in a napkin, on a foam plate. They almost immediately went up in flames, along with the plate..and I had my back to it. Yanked out a blazing plate and napkin and got it into sink. Microwave is OK, my hand ain't. Did some research, and found out due tio minerals and amount of water in them, they'll spark/ignite. These went right up in flames. Put a few pieces on a china plate, and tried it again. (I have a 1200 watt 'wave) *ZZZZZZT*  They almost immediately flamed up...not sparked, flamed! Be careful!  :angry:
PS...what happened in the video is nothing compared to the way my pile went up..... :doah:

https://youtu.be/b4VoVefLh3I
« Last Edit: October 10/02/19, 06:00:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
happy birthday to the wife HD!!  looks like good eats!!!   
yours too reb!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the new dish reb!!I  I'm honored.  :bow: Although I've never considered nuking jalapeno,  it's a good thing to know..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no way that is going to happen here!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I never seen anything like it. Was a little pile of chopped green bell pepper. I needed more in the Boob-a-roni, and didn't feel like sauteing them in a skillet. I can't believe the *ZZZT*CRACK*POP*FLAME* that that little pile did! And it only took like 3 seconds! Maybe it was because they were all chopped up... Holy cripes!  :banghead:  🏃‍♂️
« Last Edit: October 10/02/19, 07:05:18 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey that is cool as heck.  So now most of us except Del will try that in the next few days...  Del being the science engineer guy probable did this 10 years ago..   
« Last Edit: October 10/02/19, 07:54:17 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I didn't want anyone to have a fire like I did. Guess I shouldn't put foam plates in there, either. They really catch fire fast. Do it just to sit stuff on. Never had an issue before....famous last words. :rotflmao:

Wait; that's not funny..........

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/02/19, 07:29:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Buncha stoopid idjits.... :angry2:  But it proves my point. That's just what happened.

https://youtu.be/AMLq1_AYCZc
« Last Edit: October 10/02/19, 07:38:58 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya ok thanks.  I will try it.  LOL

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey that is cool as heck.  So now most of us except Del will try that in the next few days...  Del being the science engineer guy probable did this 10 years ago..

Nope, had no idea.   But I will take Reb's word for it.     Would hate to catch the kitchen on fire.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think all those years of fire training and fire safety I gave folks paid off. Just did what needed to be done right away. However, someone made a big spot in my undies... :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think all those years of fire training and fire safety I gave folks paid off. Just did what needed to be done right away. However, someone made a big spot in my undies... :doah:
  :happy1: 'Bout like when the mower caught on fire! :doah: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
They think it's funny to make a fire in the kitchen.  Roasted peppers I guess.  I made something simple for two nights.  Cooling down, so it was soup time.  Minnestroni soup for us.  Had toasted cheese garlic bread on the side.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boy, good thing I didn't grow any jalapenos this year or I woulda been tempted to try that Reb!   :rotflmao:

BLT's & an apple pie for supper last nite after a miserable stretch of weather. Picked the apples off the tree when I got home. They were super nice & yuuuuge! Took only 3 apples to make a 9" pie. Used the crumble top recipe like my Mom used to make from brown sugar, flour and butta. It's a little known fact the smell of frying bacon and apple pie baking is an aphrodisiac. Fortunately for me I was able to lock Mrs. Cheviot out of the house while I was cooking. When I let her in she was so hungry, it put her down for the count so I could sleep undisturbed.   :happy1:

« Last Edit: October 10/03/19, 11:09:22 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They think it's funny to make a fire in the kitchen.  Roasted peppers I guess.  I made something simple for two nights.  Cooling down, so it was soup time.  Minnestroni soup for us.  Had toasted cheese garlic bread on the side.  good luck.

That looks mighty good right about now. Even better if I decide to mow some lawn this afternoon...brrrrrrr!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll take #'s 1, 2, and 3, please... :tongue:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Finally home. We had Rebs favorite pizza. A lotza motza 4 meat.NO OLIVES.!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The slip slidin' topping special? :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Something simple again.  Pork chops made with cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup with rice.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mom used to make that and on damp. chilly days like today, it totally hit the spot.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ayup. I throw stuffing into the covered mix instead of lice rice. Keeps ya regular. Stuffing sucks up the grease.  Lubes the waste chute. :smiley:
« Last Edit: October 10/04/19, 12:10:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Look fellers, a  :spam: sammich! With sliced onyums on thickly buttered bread, a pile 'o boogles, and a big glass of cold milk, I'll kill this head cold/sinus/flu thingy yet!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I like it Reb, except I would use multigrain bread.  I grew up with rye bread and homemade bread and the only time I can remember eating white bread was in the oven.  however I do like brats and polish on white buns  :crazy:good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Only time I eat white is for toast.....and SPAM sammiches. Lunch is always a sandwich on Rye......I love that stuff. Also eat oatmeal multi-grain bread, that's really good too.
Roast beef on a good pumpernickel....with caraway seeds. There's yer German!
My mom's family was German....Schawrz.  Ja, das is gut!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/04/19, 12:54:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Look fellers, a  :spam: sammich! With sliced onyums on thickly buttered bread, a pile 'o boogles, and a big glass of cold milk, I'll kill this head cold/sinus/flu thingy yet!!!!

Reminds me, I got a couple cans of exotic spam I bought at the fair that I need to hit. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to have grill some spam one of these days!!!! 

making pig wings tomorrow!!!