Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490119 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Cottage cheese sounds good.............................

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had my T-giving dinner tonite. Chicky thighs in gravy with herbs, yams in butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, and chopped walnuts. (My own concoction)  Bakery rolls and sage stuffing with gravy. A piece of punkie pie with whipped cream sure woulda been nice, too but......O well. It'll haveta do. I'll grab a chunk somewhere. It was good anyway. :tongue:
« Last Edit: November 11/26/19, 07:09:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That makes my supper look pretty lame.  But I took a nice ribeye out for tomorrow. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I doubt that, Barry. For a T-giving dinner, it was pretty lame without turkey and all the other holiday fixin's. It is what it is. Ya can't beat a good ribeye, IMO. Or a chuckeye. :tongue:
« Last Edit: November 11/26/19, 07:18:34 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck I'm cooking a boneless pork loin injected with pine apple juice and then roasted with the pineapples!!!  that is my thanksgiving meal this year!!   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good, Mikey!!!! Pineapple juice......hmmmm....I may haveta try that!
Just that I haven't had a turkey dinner in four yrs because of circumstances, and I'd really like one...with all the trimmings!  :undecided:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just buy a turkey breast and go from there!!   I know some folks want dark meat but I like both...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Banquet chicky, leftover hash browns and coke slaw for chow tonight. :tongue:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They still sell that?! I remember eating a lot of that around late 70's, distinctly remember it was $2.69 a box at Rainbow Foods....there were 8-10 pieces in a box.
« Last Edit: November 11/27/19, 06:32:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep... but now 4 pieces! think around 8 bucks. 1 leg 3 breasts iin this one. we only get the southern fried type. good seasoning for what it is.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have not seen that in many years too!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ate a lot of it in college. That weenies, ramen and whatever I got out of the freezer at home.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I ate a lot of Banquet chicken too.  I cooked it in the microwave. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to spend time cleaning up the driveway ect. so crock pot time.  Chuck roast and that good gravy recipe with some mashed taters and mixed vegies.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I ate a lot of Banquet chicken too.  I cooked it in the microwave.
we tried that once and didn't care much for it. matter of fact i'm getting away from heating a lot of things in the wave......its got its place but I prefer the oven or stove .

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to spend time cleaning up the driveway ect. so crock pot time.  Chuck roast and that good gravy recipe with some mashed taters and mixed vegies.  good luck.

oh my that's a mighty fine spread there rieny!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I decided today's menu is; boneless pork loin injected with pine apple juice and then it will be foiled and cooked with pine apple chunks.  yellow gold potatoes sliced and foiled with onion and mushrooms and olive oil and cooked, a sour dough bread dressing and some sweet corn..  that should knock the GF out for the count!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:  happy eating all!!!

and RH that looks darn good too!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/28/19, 10:16:32 AM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I decided today's menu is; boneless pork loin injected with pine apple juice and then it will be foiled and cooked with pine apple chunks.  yellow gold potatoes sliced and foiled with onion and mushrooms and olive oil and cooked, a sour dough bread dressing and some sweet corn..  that should knock the GF out for the count!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:  happy eating all!!!

and RH that looks darn good too!!!
HOW DARE YOU...…… not have turkey on thanksgiving!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty:

not sure about that pineapple juice though. would be interesting to try. i do a pork loin with the kids at christmas. i order a mildly seasoned rolled/tied pork loin from plantenbergs in richmond.  i find them way better then the meat dept ones!!! and its on the charcoal grill.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I thought about the turkey too.. butterball turkeys were .87 at Aldi's..  but I figured I could that any time... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Can you stuff a turkey with cottage sheese? Asking for a friend... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Can you stuff a turkey with cottage sheese? Asking for a friend... :rotflmao:
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :taz: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had the Traditional Turkey Sandwich with Heinz 57 sauce on it.  We've been doing it in our family for 50 years. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I always used mayo...  interesting....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that darn turkey got him!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Last night I made a couple of cornisch hens.  Love them.  Always moist and tender.  My wife and her mom split one and I almost finished mine.  Thing that pissed me off was that i put left over stuffing that I made in the microwave when everything was almost done but I forgot all about it.  So we had everything but that.  Used the gravy I posted on earlier also.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do that too RH!! it's like darn!!!!    I did it turkey day!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK food guru's. got a question. looking through the sunday paper ads, fresh thyme  has in there ad a premium black angus boneless rump or shoulder beef roast for $4.99 a lb.

this really caught my eye for philly sammiches. its not if I'm gonna get it or not but how would I prepare this for making the philly sammiches????? would I slice it then cook it, or cook it, freeze it the slices it and reheat????

I gotta be in st cloud tomorrow so i'm going to be picking this up one way or the other for philly sammiches.