Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488727 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well a nice sized arm roast in the crack pot with potato's, onions and carrots.. along with Rh's  :scratch: :rotflmao:gravy!!!!  that will taste good tonight!!!!
:scratch: :scratch: if I wouldn't know better, you seem to be cooking for 2 alit lately. :doah: :scratch:

Wonder what Dotch has to say about this? :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe, but it sure is good to have home cooked meals!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

and yes I share, Jim will get some!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well yesterday I made my first corned beef of the season in the crackpot!!!  it sure turned out good!!  we each will have a meal and then Linda is going to make that reuben hot dish again for us!!  :happy1: :happy1:  this morning, around 1030 or 11am, it's going to be Papa Murphy's pizza for breakfast/ lunch meal!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That rueben hot dish sounds great Mike.  Is there a recipe and does it have kraut in it?  I have a corned beef in the freezer.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well yesterday I made my first corned beef of the season in the crackpot!!!  it sure turned out good!!  we each will have a meal and then Linda is going to make that reuben hot dish again for us!!  :happy1: :happy1:  this morning, around 1030 or 11am, it's going to be Papa Murphy's pizza for breakfast/ lunch meal!!!
papa murphy's...……...the pizza with no sauce!!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
where do you guys get the corned beef??????? I've tried making the sammich but never turns out like the restaurant ones!!!!! :doah: yea that hotdish sounds awesome!!!!!!

hurry up Mike....get that reciepe posted!!!!!!!! :pouty: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
where do you guys get the corned beef??????? I've tried making the sammich but never turns out like the restaurant ones!!!!! :doah: yea that hotdish sounds awesome!!!!!!

hurry up Mike....get that reciepe posted!!!!!!!! :pouty: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 
:scratch: At the store, where else? :doah: :bonk: :banghead: :doofus: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: At the store, where else? :doah: :bonk: :banghead: :doofus: :nerd: :nerd:
and here I was gonna be nice today!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Either buy one and cook it or just buy some corned beef in the deli and bring it home for a sandwich.  Have done both but usually cook a corned beef. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

and here I was gonna be nice today!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
You were? :bs: Sure didn't look like it on the Good Morning thread. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Glenn you do know you can buy a corned beef in a thick plastic bag with all of the seasonings in it don't you?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like this.  I bought about 5 of them last St Pats and found this one in the freezer.  Now that St Pats is already on the 17th of March I will cook this one tomorrow since Mike reminded me of it.  Will make a great meal and then it is rueben galore for a couple of days. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That rueben hot dish sounds great Mike.  Is there a recipe and does it have kraut in it?  I have a corned beef in the freezer.

here ya go fellers!!!  it's darn good!!!  enjoy!!!

Reuben casserole

6 slices of rye bread, cubed
1 pound deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips...  (I cooked a corned beef roast and use that and cube it too)
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
16oz sauerkraut drained and rinsed
3/4 to a cup of Russian or 1000 Island dressing.  we 1000 cause we couldn't find Russian

Directions:
preheat oven too 400.  Spread bread cubes in a 9 by 13 baking dish.. Spread sauerkraut over the bread cubes.. Place beef over the sauerkraut.  Pour dressing over all. Spray foil with cooking spray and bake 20 minutes covered with sprayed side down. remove foil and sprinkle the swiss cheese all over and bake 10 more minutes uncovered, until the cheese melts..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Glenn you do know you can buy a corned beef in a thick plastic bag with all of the seasonings in it don't you?
I do now!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You were? :bs: Sure didn't look like it on the Good Morning thread. :pouty:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :laughroll:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I buy a corned beef I always buy a flat not a point.  Points are smaller and seem fattier to me.  Bigger is better!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is true but I will use both...  yesterday's was a point cut...   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Reuben casserole

1 pound deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips...  (I cooked a corned beef roast and use that and cube it too)
3/4 to a cup of Russian or 1000 Island dressing.  we 1000 cause we couldn't find Russian

Directions:
preheat oven too 400.  Spread bread cubes in a 9 by 13 baking dish.. Spread sauerkraut over the bread cubes.. Place beef over the sauerkraut.  Pour dressing over all. Spray foil with cooking spray and bake 20 minutes covered with sprayed side down. remove foil and sprinkle the swiss cheese all over and bake 10 more minutes uncovered, until the cheese melts..
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: hey mike...…….I don't see the KATCHUP anywhere in the reciepe!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Reuben casserole

Directions:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: hey mike...…….I don't see the KATCHUP anywhere in the reciepe!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh heck you can add that any time it hits your bowl or plate!!! and don't forget the mustard too!!! 

or horesy radish!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/01/20, 05:53:56 PM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is Mikes rueben casserole recipe that of course I tweaked some.  I had some asparagus that needed to get cooked so I cut them up and added.  We both really liked this Mike.  Thanks

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Looks good! Nice presentation!  ;) But, asparagus?  🏃‍♂️

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good! Nice presentation!  ;) But, asparagus?  🏃‍♂️

that sounds good!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :thumbs:   Sorry Barry! Isn't asparagus a mold? O wait; that's aspergillus...
« Last Edit: March 03/04/20, 07:57:22 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We love asparagus.  Can't wait till we can pick them in our pasture. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Every time I've ever had it, it's "woody" and almost chewy....and hardly any taste.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Then it is old stuff.  Should be nice and tender.  Great sauteed in butter. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Then it is old stuff.  Should be nice and tender.  Great sauteed in butter.

I love it grilled too!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And cut off the bottom where the hard stuff is Rebs. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
And cut off the bottom where the hard stuff is Rebs.
that is key to good eats!!!!