Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488580 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be a nice 4 lb corned beef for us today.  Will turn it into ruebens tomorrow.  Just going to eat corned beef and veggies tonight. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope.  Maybe a Martini with green olives though! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bean hot dish getting made here today...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
bean hot dish getting made here today...
we had chow mein last nite, probably leftovers tonight!!!!!! i usually prefer pheasant of poultry for my meat ingredient but we made a pork loin a while back nd used it. was pretty good with the pork!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya, just using burger here... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No green beer or festive foods here. Practicing the throw em together kinda grub.  Tri colored penne noodles,  hot Italian sausage,  spinach,  several different cheeses and spaghetti sauce.  Paired with a french bread/ garlic n cheese and chased down with cottage cheese and top shelf gold colored beer!  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks fantastic Boober. Hopefully Mrs. Boober didn't read that Dr. Oz article!  :tut:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
And an Easy-drinkin' Busch Light for the cherry on top!  Nothing like the gentle caress of the Blue Angel sliding down your throat!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Very tasty Bobber.  Told the wife the diet will be canceled until further notice with never knowing if the diet stuff will be available.  So Yesterday I made Korean sloppy joe's on browned buns.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if RH has takeout?  :scratch:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I'll bring the burger buns....would you mind a line of folks across yer yard, RH?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Scalloped potatoes and ham for us tonight.   Vegetable soup lasted a couple days but it is pretty much gone now.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Scalloped potatoes and ham for us tonight.   Vegetable soup lasted a couple days but it is pretty much gone now.

Better hang onto that possum and 3 legged meat-on-the-hoof out back, ya may be eatin' it soon. Toss in some acorns and whip up a dandelion greens salad, and yer good to go.
« Last Edit: March 03/20/20, 08:27:09 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking of making some potato salad and now I have to think of what to have with it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love ham and will have to buy one soon too. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn, the spuds were kind of soft and full of eyes.  Not going to use them.  On to find Plan B. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You can make baked taters outta those...or mashed.  That's what I do, I eat so few they always end up like that on me, even buying only 4 or 5.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have a few Kennebec & Pontiac spuds in the garage that have sprouts on them. A little soft but think some might be good enough to pare, boil up and grate for hash browns. Just got a bag of russets on sale over the weekend. Lucky I did. Went back on Monday & all they had was individual potatoes.  :sad:
« Last Edit: March 03/20/20, 10:53:47 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Think that is what I will do.  Hate to go through the whole process of making spud salad and then not like it.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Made my WF basketti w/cheesebread tonite at the behest of Mrs. Cheviot. No pics so it didn't happen. Neither did her pursuit of me around the house until I finally relented to satisfy her carnal urges... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
For a minute there, I though it was WTF 'sketti....... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home made bread in the oven.  Nothing fancy, just regular honky bread.   No Poolish, no slow rise.  Started about 9 and it was in the oven at 12:30.    6 loaves.   Full capacity of the Kitchen aid mixer.   1.5 kg flour. 

Pictures coming when it is out.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll swing by for  loaf. You DO share in these troubled times, don'tcha? Actually, was just a ways away. Had to spend some time at the Mayowood dam just "gettin some fresh air". Spent lotsa years fishing out there. In first pic, that little cut bank with small group of trees below the spillway (Can't believe they're still there) used to extend in about 5', and was about that deep right there. As soon as ya popped yer lure in, it was one rockie after another. Made a lot of meals for me back in the 70's.
« Last Edit: March 03/21/20, 02:07:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure. I'll set it outside in the pb box when cool, after quality check.