Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490526 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :sorry: Reb....but, nope, not a soup guy.
Steak and tators.....
Chili on a dog, once in awhile, but it's gotta be thick!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Buncha funny guys. Don't know the best eatin' there is when they see it. And you call yerselves Minnysodan's. Soup is the staff of life here! Del, don't you have some chipmunk roadkill to saute to safety with yer soused-up verde thingie??
« Last Edit: September 09/26/16, 07:35:18 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well! No soup people!! I be damned!  :scratch:
just had chili last week. Last of the leftovers today. Got 2 or 3 ice cream pails of soup in the freezer. Hell I make my own soup starter. Like I said it ain't cold yet; :doah: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had chili yesterday as it cooled off pretty good here yesterday afternoon. We got 48 now & still blowin 15-20 mph out of the NW
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I got chili on my mind as well.  We had wild rice soup last night with some chicken in there.  My favorite soup since I"ve been a kid has been old fashion chicken noodle soup hands down.  My mom made some beef noodle soup I'm still trying to replicate that.  That was awesome.  I'm mostly a meat and potato guy, but at times a good soup is needed.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I like whipping up a crock pot of soup/stew sometimes when I'm in chit hauling mode. No cab on tractor or skidloader so if it's a cold day, the smell of the food makes me want to just stay in the house. And the warmth usually precipitates a nap. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Glenn was yapping about whipping up some soup when it gets colder.....  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Made my favorite meal that my grandmother would make when I was a kid staying at her house for the weekend. City chicken, garlic mashed potatoes and creamed peas.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great.  What is City Chicken?

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great.  What is City Chicken?

Sorry I forgot it's a Pittsburgh thing.  City chicken isn't actually chicken but pork and or veal. During the depression pork and veal was cheaper than poultry. I usually make the poor mans city chicken using all pork. I'll use country style pork ribs since they have more dark meat and stay moist. It's very simple to make:
Cut pork into 1- 1/2" chunks
Put 4 to 5 pieces on a skewer
Dip in an egg wash and dredge in Italian bread crumbs
Pan fry in oil to brown bread in
Bake at 375 for about an hour till pork in done
If you also want to use veal alternate pieces one pork then one chunk veal and so on but I've always used just pork. Enjoy
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Had chille last week as well,then a big batch of goulash over the weekend,when the temps drop I do a Tai Chicken soup with a side of sticky rice over the winter months,its great for clearing out the sinuses.Then we have options for Minnesota hot dishes all winter long.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
9chicken and dumplings. 2 lbs chicken  tenderloins, 2 cans cheesy brocoli soup 1 can chicken broth, t can chicken rice soup,  2 cups wild rice,  and i canister baby grand bisquits. yummmmmmmie!

2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did ya forget anything?!  ;D That oughtta fill ya up, Boar! Looks good!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmm...looks mighty tasty boar.

Mrs. Cheviot whipped up the first apple crisp of the season for dessert.  :happybounce:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicken and dumplings and apple crisp would go very nice right now.!!  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man dotch, that there is my weakness..I'll bring the ice cream!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll bring the bowls and spoons, if you guys can save me a bowl!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It was as good as it looked and still warm. One small problem: Out of ice cream. A rookie mistake. Had to improvise. Found some Redi Whip and I was golden. Thought perhaps Mrs. Cheviot had used it up in some of her futile attempts to bed me. To be on the safe side I wiped it off real good before using it.  ;D 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, that one was a good one.  Redi whip brought back memories LOL.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good boar! That's some funny stuff dotch. Just remi and myself this evening, Mamma and the kids went to the def Leppard concert, told my son if the dude sitting next to you passes on some Mary Jane to have mamma put it in her purse. :scratch:. So I looked all over and decided it was time, grilled cheese!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
awsome, love matersoup grilled cheese!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cold and windy out....I've got some 1 1/2" thick pig chops marinating in concentrated apple cider. Going on th indoor grill later...need some heat in here!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama made ring sausage on the grill, hashbrowns from out stock and mixed vegetables. All waiting for me when I got out of the woods.....

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!