Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490721 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good !!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
How do ya make it , boober?!!  Huh? huh???!?!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now he's stuffin' his face and won't tell us!!!  :banghead:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Already did, it's on the otter page....really tasty too!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya peel the spuds, I take it?  Don't laugh, I eat them with the skin on! I bet Remi does, too!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not Yukon gold, slice and go.  You're right, remi ain't picky what falls on the floor..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks! I figger if I cut that recipe in half, it'll be the perfect serving size for me!!  ;D :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thanks! I figger if I cut that recipe in half, it'll be the perfect serving size for me!!  ;D :rotflmao:
OR..Awe never mind!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :stillfish:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hooo boy...the hellfire chili definitely is gonna hit the spot today..... umm nummm.:chef:    ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
EH GADS!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YA aint spendin  da nite with da neighbor lady.............suffocation is possible!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sick: :sick:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
EH GADS!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YA aint spendin  da nite with da neighbor lady.............suffocation is possible!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sick: :sick:

It's good for what ails ya, munchkin.  If ya could handle it, ya oughtta try a bowl.....cleans ya right out. And we know what yer full of.   :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking fabulous rebola!!! Your right, chili gots to be hot. :campfire:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Down to 35* here, and the wind is just a howlin' to 40 MPH. But, I have a hot bowl of chili just waitin' for me.... ;D

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to admit, kinda dropped the ball the otter day and didn't do up the ham bone for soup, so now it's 31 with Gail force winds and burglars are seasoned up and ready for the weber.  31? That ain't nuthin... :bonk:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had turdy tree about one turdy. Wind gust of 43 at the Waseca airport around tree o'clcock. Had about .10" of precip with a little snow yet to melt into the gauge from this afternoon before I head out for the ranch. Can see a little snow in the grass here and there but dat's about it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Grass? You don't mean rice, do you?  ;) Wind is just just screaming down here. Couple branches down in neighbor's yard. and there are two flowerpots WITH flowers in them laying in the street. I'm watching for Rocky the flying squirrel to zing by... ;D

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It's pretty much "white out" here, a couple huge branches down in the yard and windy.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Funny you should mention that Reb. Speaking of grass, I saw a couple people out seeding down some patches of dirt earlier this fall with Rice a Roni! Nice and green now. :happy1: Not looking forward to doing chores. Luckily my tincture supply should be adequate.  :happy1: :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
A tincture is typically an alcoholic extract of plant or animal material or solution of such, or of a low volatility substance (such as iodine and mercurochrome). To qualify as an alcoholic tincture, the extract should have an ethanol percentage of at least 25–60% (50–120 US proof).[citation needed] Sometimes an alcohol concentration as high as 90% (180 US proof) is used in such a tincture.[1] In herbal medicine, alcoholic tinctures are made with various ethanol concentrations, 25% being the most common.

Herbal tinctures are not always made using ethanol as the solvent, though this is most commonly the case. Other solvents include vinegar, glycerol, diethyl ether and propylene glycol, not all of which can be used for internal consumption. Ethanol has the advantage of being an excellent solvent for both acidic and basic (alkaline) constituents.
Glycerine can also be used, but when used in tincturing fashion is generally a poorer solvent. Vinegar, being acidic, is a better solvent for obtaining alkaloids but a poorer solvent for acidic components. For individuals who choose not to ingest alcohol, non-alcoholic e,g., (glycerite) extracts offer an alternative for preparations meant to be taken internally.

Some solutions of volatile or nonvolatile substances are traditionally called spirits, regardless of whether obtained by distillation or not and whether they even contain alcohol. In chemistry, a tincture is a solution that has alcohol as its solvent.   :drinking:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now yer gonna get Delbert all revved up, HD....... :bonk:  ;D

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So bourbon is tincture of charred white oak?    Mmmm pour me another one, just like the other one. 

Hey Reb, I was at your fave, HiVee today after bell ringing and they have a whole lineup of pinto beans in cans of different brands and flavors, including plain.   So if the Latino area at cub or wally don't fix you up you have a fall back position.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked at SlyVee, home of the ripoff,  last week, and they didn't have crap!!!!!!!!!!!! Was looking for the Bush's chili hot beans, that used to be pintos in their sauce. Saw a few cans of plain pintos, and that was it. Take pics and post, pease.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 11/19/16, 02:29:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked at SlyVee, home of the ripoff,  last week, and they didn't have crap!!!!!!!!!!!! Was looking for the Bush's chili hot beans, that used to be pintos in their sauce. Saw a few cans of plain pintos, and that was it. Take pics and post, pease.  ;)

I was at HiVee south.   Won't be back for a while so you will have to do your own research. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought about asking your opinion about a new pie recipe I tried but I didn't know where you live and you are so grumpy. 

Here is recipe...
 Chocolate Haupia Cream Pie
From Cook's Country | December/January 2017

Why this recipe works:

The defining characteristic of this popular Hawaiian dessert is its firm haupia, pronounced how-PEE-ah, or coconut pudding, filling. Not the rich, ploppable stuff you usually think of as pudding, haupia is stable and slices cleanly: ¼ cup of cornstarch and a can of coconut milk with plenty of fat produce pudding with the perfect consistency. Milk not only helps the ingredients blend but also provides richness that complements the coconut flavor. We use a store-bought pie crust for ease. Combining just 1 cup of the hot pudding with chopped chocolate melts the chocolate and creates layers of chocolate and coconut pudding.
less
Serves 8 to 10

We prefer Chaokoh or Thai Kitchen coconut milk for this recipe. Do not use “lite” coconut milk or any coconut milk that has less than 12 grams of fat and/or greater than 3 grams of sugar per 1/3-cup serving. If you do, the pudding will be too runny and sweet. While we prefer whole milk in this recipe, 2 percent low-fat milk will also work. We use a pastry bag outfitted with a star tip to decorate the pie with whipped cream. Our favorite piping set is the Wilton 20-Piece Beginning Buttercream Decorating Set.
Ingredients

Crust
    1 (9-inch) store-bought pie dough round
    Filling
    4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
    1 (13.5-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
    1 cup whole milk
    1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) Sugar
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) cornstarch
    1/8 teaspoon Salt
    Topping
    1 cup heavy cream, chilled
    1 tablespoon Sugar

Instructions

1. FOR THE CRUST: Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into 12-inch circle on lightly floured counter. Loosely roll dough around rolling pin and gently unroll it onto 9-inch pie plate, letting excess dough hang over edge. Ease dough into plate by gently lifting edge of dough with your hand while pressing into plate bottom with your other hand.

2. Trim overhang to ½ inch beyond lip of plate. Tuck overhang under itself; folded edge should be flush with edge of plate. Crimp dough evenly around edge of plate using your fingers. Wrap dough-lined plate loosely in plastic wrap and freeze until dough is firm, about 15 minutes.

3. Line chilled pie shell with parchment paper or double layer of aluminum foil, covering edges to prevent burning, and fill with pie weights. Bake until edges are light golden brown, about 20 minutes, rotating plate halfway through baking. Remove parchment and weights and continue to bake until crust is golden brown, 7 to 11 minutes longer. Let crust cool completely in plate on wire rack before proceeding with filling, about 45 minutes. (Baked, cooled crust can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours.)

4. FOR THE FILLING: Once crust has cooled completely, place chocolate in medium bowl; set aside. Whisk coconut milk, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in medium saucepan until no lumps of cornstarch remain. Cook over medium heat, stirring and scraping saucepan corners constantly with rubber spatula, until mixture thickens to glue-like consistency and large bubbles break surface, about 6 minutes.

5. Quickly pour 1 cup coconut pudding over chocolate in bowl and whisk until smooth. Spread chocolate pudding evenly in cooled pie shell. Using clean, dry whisk, vigorously rewhisk remaining coconut pudding in saucepan, then gently pour on top of chocolate pudding and spread into even layer with rubber spatula. Refrigerate, uncovered, until set, at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.

6. FOR THE TOPPING: Once pie is fully chilled, use stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment to whip cream and sugar on medium-low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer whipped cream to pastry bag fitted with medium open or closed star tip (about ½-inch diameter). Pipe whipped cream stars onto top of pie until completely covered. Serve.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
HiVee isn't my fave but we were there ringing bell for red kettle.   So we picked up a few things.  I got kidney beans for our wimpy chili for supper.  Checked out the pintos.   

Or you can buy a bag of dry pintos and do it right....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully the penmanship of my bride is ledge able, way better than mine!!!
well boober..........momma approved of the reciepe so shortly down the road we shall be giving this a whirl!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:,you'll like it, only put me on the pot once.. :laughroll: