Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488764 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And it was GOOOOD!!!! Just like Eddie said to Clark!!  Along with a big salad fulla sliced radishes, green peppers, baco's,  'cherry 'mater's,  diced onions, croutons, parmesan, shredded sharp cheddar and chunky blue cheese dressing.......*burp*  happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sorry no pics....was busy...

We had tater tot hot dish, made with venison bacon burger.....yum!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds real good guys, ya no pics here either, fully loaded beef hard and soft shell tacos with a side of guac for chips.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We all far too busy for pics.   :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm making diet food for a cleanse deal for my wife.  So busy or not I really cant take pics of it.  So much of this and so much of that kind of deal.  It's for 20 days or so, With 2 knees operated on she does need to loose some so I'm there to support her.  Not my kind of cooking style though.  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good luck to your wife, RH!  Two knees can't be fun to rehab from.  I've had bad knees ever since I was young - I think I just developed that way. Really all I've had to deal with thus far is discomfort from time-to-time, but I'm sure I'll be in her position someday. Not looking forward to it.  You're a good man for cooking her through it!  I hear what you're saying, I like to cook as well, but chopping up a bunch of veggies isn't quite as fun without a big chuck of protein to go with it!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to the missus, RH!! Hope she bounces back!  ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to the missus, RH!! Hope she bounces back!  ;)
[/quot2nd this RH

I was saying I 2nd this
« Last Edit: January 01/05/17, 07:46:39 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Been through it twice with wife's knees.  Results are worth it.

Hang in there.  Make her, if necessary,  do the rehab stuff, it's important. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to your wife on her upcoming surgery and you for that matter as a support system. She could do a lot worse judging by the cuisine you've pictured here.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck rh , Mamma will be chasing you around in no time!! Beef stir fry tonight just not to heavy on the beef. Wantons, egg rolls, and the works. All that was missing was chop sticks. Awsome.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What's them big green things......... :censored:  :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thems pea pods, I wanted brats tonight but this hit the spot.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
What's them big green things......... :censored:  :scratch:

Look like sugar snap peas to me.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh...ya. I thought maybe they were bloated ....bloated...those green hose things.  :puke:
I had to look at my friend eating a big wad of those on New year's Eve. To think they serve them in a restaurant, yet... :doah:
« Last Edit: January 01/06/17, 08:04:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Maybe this would suit your taste better

http://kstp.com/news/state-record-eelput-caught-lake-of-the-woods-department-of-natural-resources-dnr/4363013/?cat=12196

January 05, 2017 03:43 PM

A northwest Minnesota man now holds the state record for largest eelpout. The DNR says Brent Getzler of Roosevelt caught a 19 pound, 9 ounce eelpout in the Minnesota waters of Lake of the Woods.

The fish was 33 inches long with a belly full of girth at 23 and 7/8 inches. Getzler caught it while fishing for walleye with an orange jigging spoon tipped with a minnow on Dec. 19.

"Brent along with his buddies thought he was battling with a monster walleye and they were recording the three-minute fight. But after realizing it was just a pout they quit filming,"DNR coordinator Mike Kurre said in a statement. "Little did they know the burbot was a state record, until they got it on a scale."

The fish has many names including eelpout, freshwater ling, lawyer and burbot.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer late Del. I posted that last nite.  ;D Told boar there's a new 'pout in town. Might as well bake Robert and dunk him in butter.  :happy1:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Today is just a simple crockpot beef stew and tomorrow is going to be linguine with a butter garlic sauce, clams and whole  stuffed calamari with shrimp and crab.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow....do you take reservations?   ;D

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that sounds awesome Coffee.  I have 2 nice 3/4" thick pork steaks out from the hog we had butchered.  They are so good..  I think I will brown it in the cast iron pan with some olive oil and then add some onions and sliced spuds and then slip it in the oven for about 45 minutes..  May put some cream of something on it with a little Worcestershire for extra taste blended in.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure sounds good guys. Man I miss the days of getting a hog, big thick hog steaks over a fire was tough to beat. Pulled out a package of fish for tonight, 1 norten 2 eyes and a handful of sunnies, kinda cold but I'll do em in the cast iron outside later.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that sounds awesome Coffee.  I have 2 nice 3/4" thick pork steaks out from the hog we had butchered.  They are so good..  I think I will brown it in the cast iron pan with some olive oil and then add some onions and sliced spuds and then slip it in the oven for about 45 minutes..  May put some cream of something on it with a little Worcestershire for extra taste blended in.

That's exactly what I have today! Slab 1'' thick  pig steaks...gonna do the Reb's Rib Rub on 'em in a bit, then onto the charcoal later with a healthy dose of apple wood chips.....then the smoky BBQ sauce.....

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I changed it up a little, I went with a red sauce instead of butter garlic. Stuffed the squid with shrimp, onion, garlic, mushrooms and red bell pepper. Made crab cake meatballs (crab balls) which ever u want to call them and a few clams. First time making this and it pretty good but I think it would've been better with the butter garlic sauce.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is frickin awesome Coffee...   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I love clams! That looks awesome Coffee!

We are cooking bone in pork chops later, not sure with what yet.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd eat that anytime!!  lookin good coffee

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Cripes that's a half a hog Reb!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like enough for a couple neighbor ladies!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord reb!!! I'm on my way!! :bow: