Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1504234 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, kept looking.   Take a look at this one.    Sounds like sort of what you are looking for.   

Hearty Beef Lasagna
From Cook's Country | February/March 2017

Why this recipe works:

Meat lasagna can take all day to make. We streamlined the process by whisking together a quick no-cook cheesy filling and shaving time off the meat sauce prep. Since the sauce continues to cook in the oven as the lasagna bakes, we skipped the traditional but unnecessary long simmer on the stovetop. We tweaked the ratios of the components until we had lasagna that tasted markedly more meaty, rather than just tomato- and cheese-packed.
less
Serves 10 to 12

We developed this recipe using dried curly-edged lasagna noodles; do not use no-boil noodles. There are about 20 individual noodles in a 1-pound box of lasagna noodles, enough for this recipe.
Ingredients

Lasagna
    Vegetable oil spray
    17 curly-edged lasagna noodles
    1 tablespoon salt
    12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (3 cups)
    1/4 cup grated grated Pecorino Romano cheese
    Meat Sauce
    2 slices hearty white sandwich bread, torn into small pieces
    1/4 cup milk
    1 1/2 pounds 90 percent lean ground beef
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1 onion, chopped fine
    6 garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
    Cream Sauce
    8 ounces (1 cup) cottage cheese
    4 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (2 cups)
    1 cup heavy cream
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper

Instructions

1. FOR THE LASAGNA: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray rimmed baking sheet and 13 by 9-inch baking dish with oil spray. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven. Add noodles and salt and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Drain noodles and transfer them to prepared sheet. Using tongs, gently turn noodles to coat lightly with oil spray. Cut 2 noodles in half crosswise.

2. FOR THE MEAT SAUCE: Mash bread and milk in bowl until smooth. Add beef, salt, and pepper and knead with your hands until well combined; set aside. Heat oil in now-empty Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.

3. Add beef mixture, breaking meat into small pieces with wooden spoon, and cook until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and bring to simmer, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors have melded, about 5 minutes.

4. FOR THE CREAM SAUCE: Whisk all ingredients in bowl until combined.

5. Lay 3 noodles lengthwise in prepared dish with ends touching 1 short side of dish, leaving gap at far end. Lay 1 half noodle crosswise to fill gap (if needed).

6. Spread 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over noodles, followed by 1/2 cup cream sauce and finally 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat layering of noodles, meat sauce, cream sauce, and mozzarella 3 more times, switching position of half noodle to opposite end of dish each time.

7. Lay remaining 3 noodles over top (there is no half noodle for top layer). Spread remaining cream sauce over noodles, followed by remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Sprinkle Pecorino over top.

8. Spray sheet of aluminum foil with oil spray and cover lasagna. Set lasagna on rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Discard foil and continue to bake until top layer of lasagna is spotty brown, 25 to 30 minutes longer. Let lasagna cool for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks good Del.  AND not too complicated.  I may use that this weekend.  Looking forward to it.  Thank you sir!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
google meat loaf lasagna, that's one I'm going to try sometime.  sounds good to me any way
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That looks good Del.  AND not too complicated.  I may use that this weekend.  Looking forward to it.  Thank you sir!

And use cottage cheese if ya want!! Who the H cares WHAT someone else uses!! Big friggin' whoop!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually, I like a blob of cottage cheese plopped on top of my lasagna when I eat it. Not big on that Italian saucy-messy goo food.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually the recipe I posted used cottage cheese in it.   But cottage cheese isn't much of an authentic Italian thing, so far as I know.   

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Del!!  I like recipes like this!!!!  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn had some norderns from the deep fryer tonite!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tacos and burritos and chilitos and refried beans with onyums, jalepeno's , and melted cheddar!!!  *burp*   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yummy gents. Pork roast is in the crackpot for pork enchiladas tonight, gonna be ugly tomorrow.  :surrender: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I could buzz up and we could combine and have a contest........ :surrender:   :censored: !!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang right, and don't forget the seat covers for Mr. Sparkles!! :dancinred:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr. S. got all splatted up today, and he's NOT happy about it.  I can hear the grumbling coming from the garage now.  :banghead:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i heard thats where them Found On Road Dead's run the best...............in da garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :moon: :coffee: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley: :super smiley: :super smiley:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why you rotten, instigating, chebby-loving little munchkin!! This would be you, in yer chebby, gettin' a surprise blow-down by the Ford... :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually, wish I had that old Ford...!  :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I agree with having the old Ford.  I'm not sure I agree with it being a stock 302. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Says it's a supercharged 302....and that means cammed up, different heads, and  from hearing it,  full boost turbo spooling up, and blowing out thru headers and dual full flow mufflers..yup, she's stock!  :rotflmao: Sure showed that chebby!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Pulling out the indoor grill again tonight, hot digity dogs covered with left over chili from the otter night. Probably chuck some fries the oven too.  Can ya tell the wife has a work function? sleazy-422.gif

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Leftovers are good. We now have leftover chili and leftover pheasant chow mein!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicken in sauce and half a baked tater for me. Made some new veggies.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to have leftovers for lunch. Pheasant chow mein, now you have my attention...do tell!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to have leftovers for lunch. Pheasant chow mein, now you have my attention...do tell!!

Glenn is on to something!  low mein I think would be good too!!