Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490004 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
question, didn't someone here say something about Ted and Jens up in Aldrich Mn. awhile back?? maybe Dotch or Bobber??  got a question for ya....   thanks!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Two leftover baked chicky thighs and tater salad. Yogurt  for dessert. Gotta lose a few.  :rolleyes:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Leftover Easter ham, made into a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, carn & fries smothered in sour cream.

(No catsup was harmed in this meal)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good, but the pepper missed the fries!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sour cream on fries????  Now that is a good idea.  I will try it.  Any excuse to use sour cream is a good idea.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Top the tater is good on 'em too! Especially the zesty seasoned fries... :tongue:
« Last Edit: April 04/05/18, 07:18:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Early supper. Boneless seasoned pigger chops and cauliflower with cheese sauce... :tongue:

Didn't have any Heinz 57, wanted some type of sauce to dip 'em in, found a bottle of Chinese sweet and sour glaze.   Hmmm.....might as well give it a try...it was great!  :azn:
« Last Edit: April 04/06/18, 04:45:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Had whole stuffed baked nothern last night,Almost took a pic to post!!! BUT I figured why confuse Glenn and post a fish pic he couldnt associate with unless it came in a Moreys cellophane pack
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had whole stuffed baked nothern last night,Almost took a pic to post!!! BUT I figured why confuse Glenn and post a fish pic he couldnt associate with unless it came in a Moreys cellophane pack

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny stuff.  Top the tater maker has several different makes out on the market for dipping, I've tried a couple but do not remember the spice, good stuff! We've been under the weather this week so I splurged and picked up a Pappa smurphys tonight. Cowboy style... perty good.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
haha I've thrown more nords back then you ever caught. Oh yeah spearing them in the creek don't count! :moon: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
haha I've thrown more nords back then you ever caught. Oh yeah spearing them in the creek don't count! :moon: :mooning:

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:
:tut: :tut: he started it. :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is interesting as heck.  I have been told to rinse.  I won't anymore.  And yes my spaghetti usually has the liquid around the edges.  Won't anymore.  Thanks Rebs.  See I am already learning.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
See? Yer almost as cool as us already.  :rotflmao:
I've always used a pasta fork. Mines so old two of the tines are gone... :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Question.  When you guys use the 8 bean mix in ham and bean soup do you have to soak them overnight or can you just cook them up and use them the same day?  I want to get going on some soup for tonight.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. You can do a quick soak, or if ya want, get going on them right away. I'd do the quick soak, though Barry. I've done it before, and they come out fine, actually don't "mush out" like sometimes after a long soak.

The Quick Soak: This is for the home cook who knows they want beans at least a couple of hours before they plan to eat them. Rinse your desired amount of beans, then add them to a pot of water, using a ratio of 3 cups of water for every cup of beans. Bring the beans to a boil, let them cook for two minutes, then cover the pot, remove it from the heat and let it hang out for an hour.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I get the 15 or 16 bean soups and have done it both ways,  usually I end up doing soaking them over night and have had no issues either...

and thanks for an interesting fact on cooking pasta!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn doesn't worry about HIS pasta.... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: :taz: :taz: :banghead: damn rough crowd here today.........i'm off busy and i'm getting shredded. thought i could feel the knife going in!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :confused: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's some 'sketti tips for ya, Glenn.  :azn:

https://youtu.be/myLlNUjV7D0
poppy cock..........glenn doesnt use water in making my WORLD FAMOUS sqetty sauce..........i use homemade mater juice.

however i do use tater water when i make my world famous gravy. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"World famous".....  Who's the judge, Chef-boy-ar-dee?    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never rinsed,  drain quickly then back in the pot with a few chunks of butter...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chipotle and monterey jack cheese stuffed snausages on a bun, with tater salad and lotsa cold milk...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Cookie cookie, me want cookie.
Oatmeal cherry apricot.