Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488579 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Actual unretouched photo from your spy camera at glenn's house again I see... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Actual unretouched photo from your spy camera at glenn's house again I see... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
UGH!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i woulnt waste kathcup on cerial..............of any kind!!!!!!! cerial icky!!! :puke:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Yup. And he thinks it's just a plain ol' Heinz hat.   ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Delmar, I've been doing the same thing for years, using a Weber "drip pan". Covered with a foil top poked fulla holes, and a few holes in the side of the pan.... :rolleyes: Toss in trash when done. (And cool) Quick and easy.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got done making wild rice dressing and got 2 pork tenderloins in the over that I soaked in cranberry chipotle over night..  I'm thinking good eats!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be over soon....................... :tongue:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Nacho fries for a day of watching golf, the race and napping

[attachment deleted by admin]
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good coffee,  although I believe any of the above would put me na night . So whats gonna happen wit your avatar after this series coffee??   :cheesy:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good coffee,  although I believe any of the above would put me na night . So whats gonna happen wit your avatar after this series coffee??   :cheesy:
I still have faith but if it doesn't go our way it'll get retired and never used again.  :pouty:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice stuff, How about dueling Crocks.  One mine and one my sons.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
A big plate of bar food. Wings, fries, mushrooms, onion rings, cheese sticks, dipping sauce and beer

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My blood sugar and cholesterol went through the roof just looking at it!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: but yea looks nummy. Especially that labatts!! :bump: :toast: :toast:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
My blood sugar and cholesterol went through the roof just looking at it!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: but yea looks nummy. Especially that labatts!! :bump: :toast: :toast:
Labatts how would some Hunyuk like you know anything bout good beer?????????????? :confused: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a few trips up to fish in Canuck waters, bought it up there.  Bought it here occasionally, but to spend for my blood! :pouty:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a few trips up to fish in Canuck waters, bought it up there.  Bought it here occasionally, but to spend for my blood! :pouty:

Last time we stayed over in Atikokan, Blue is what the poor folks were drinking.  Sort of like Tecate in California. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yada yada yada..... and like Thunderbird on Hennepin in Minneapolis. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/18, 09:05:36 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chili brats, taco mac salad, and seasoned fries.  With KATCHUP.   :tongue:
 I may eat the rest of the bag of fries, I'm so pizzed off at this weather. Pouring outside. %$#@!   Said slight chance rain today, it's been pouring half the friggin' afternoon, and we're already flooded. I think we're gonna slide off the friggin' map. Sump pump barely keeping up. Jagoff weather idjits have changed the fcast 6 times today....right, Dotch? They might as well just hang it up. They're totally worthless. :fudd:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/18, 07:44:47 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Stir fry veggies over Jasmine rice,about to add sauce MMMM!!!

« Last Edit: May 05/15/18, 09:33:57 PM by dew2 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang dew, that almost looks healthy.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I was reading a cookbook today and saw a recipe for Dotch....

LAMB TONGUE FRIES, ROSEMARY KETCHUP

We had these fries on the menu for about one week when Andy Ricker, the chef-owner of Pok Pok, came in to eat. He was loving the fries—until he bit into the bullet that had taken down that particular lamb. He politely put it on a bread plate and handed it back to Eric, our sous-chef. All this is to say we’re extremely fastidious when cleaning our tongues, and even more so now, if that’s possible. And you should be too.
Note: The tongues have to braise for 4 hours and then chill for 2 hours for this dish. {MAKES 1 LARGE BOWL OF FRIES}
10 lamb’s tongues
4 cups (1 l) water
2 cups (500 ml) white wine
½ yellow onion, sliced
1 head garlic, halved
3 sprigs rosemary
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons kosher salt
3 eggs
½ cup (125 ml) whole milk
1½ cups (185 g) all-purpose flour
2 cups panko
Rice oil or vegetable oil for deep-frying
Spicy Rosemary Ketchup for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large Dutch oven, combine the tongues, water, wine, onion, garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cover and braise in the oven until the tongue is very tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 4 hours. Remove the tongues from the braising liquid and discard the liquid. When the tongues are cool enough to handle, peel off the outer layer (see sidebar). Refrigerate the tongues for 2 hours and then remove them from the fridge and quarter lengthwise.
3. In a small, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set up three bowls: the first with the flour, the second with the egg wash, and the final one with the panko. Working in batches, about five pieces at a time, coat the tongues in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the floured pieces in the egg wash and then dredge them in the panko. Repeat until all pieces are breaded. In a deep pot over medium high heat, pour oil to a depth of 8 inches (20 cm). When the oil reaches 350°F (180°C) on a candy thermometer, carefully add thebreaded tongues, working in batches of 8 at a time, and fry for 2 minutes. Remove the tongues from the pot with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
4. Serve immediately with the ketchup.
SPICY ROSEMARY KETCHUP
Makes 2 cups (500 ml)
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups (500 ml) LP Ketchup (left) or purchased ketchup
1 teaspoon Tabasco
In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, warm the rosemary in the olive oil for 2 minutes. In a bowl, fold the rosemary and oil into the ketchup and add the Tasbasco. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 10 days.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shredded beef tacos, (I'm sick of pork) burro-toes, chilitos...*urp*burp*   :tongue:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sick of pork...in... Nuttin wrong with a filled taco!!  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it's time for some kabobs and wild rice...or a big steak. I'm in a pork, chicken, burger, brat rut. Need something different and new....................... :scratch:
« Last Edit: June 06/03/18, 07:47:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got a sirloin steak thawed for today, grill it up!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
All of the above will do the job. Baching it tonight,  so with help of the hounds we decided on tuna melts, chips n olives.. :happy1: Now do I clean up da table or let the pooches get a few licks in.. :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
All of the above will do the job. Baching it tonight,  so with help of the hounds we decided on tuna melts, chips n olives.. :happy1: Now do I clean up da table or let the pooches get a few licks in.. :scratch:
the last tuna I bought I did not not like....  what do you buy????  kinda miss tuna salad sandwiches or grilled even...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it's time for some kabobs and wild rice...or a big steak. I'm in a pork, chicken, burger, brat rut. Need something different and new....................... :scratch:

Something I have never forgot about was when I lived in Long Beach for about 6 months in the 70's.  Oh ya it was the good ol days and we did have fun.  There was this place a block from us that sold burritos.  Beef or Pork or Chicken.  They were unreal.  They had big square chunks of meat.  Not pulled.  So each was nice 1/2" squares of meat that was nice and tender as in a pot roast along with a nice gravy.  Then they put the Mexican veggies and the sauce that you chose.  The first time I said I will have the green sauce thinking that the red was the hottest.  Dumb MN kid.  It was so hot that I had to get up from the picnic table and get another milk.  BUT they were so good.  I have never had anything like it since but keep thinking about trying to make it.  They had bars on the windows and you couldn't go inside.  Now that is the sign of good food....    :rotflmao:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Batchin it>>>Pooches take the prize!!! Tuna melts sound so good!! The ole girl dont like canned tuna SOOOO!!   here tonight we are havin andoulli sausages on boleo buns baked tatters,corn and some left over kale swetted down (Greens) I'm still outside trimmin trees beer break right now!!