Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488707 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My trouble area too Mike, especially this diet stuff the mrs has me eating. I cant name everything in this meal, it wasnt all that bad, but I'm sure I'll be chewing on the counter top later... oh by the way Dotch, you can run but ya cant hide after that house warming spread!! :sleazy:

Looks mighty tasty Boober but waaaaayyyy too healthy. Looks like she's trying to skinny you up so yer more of a challenge to pursue!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My trouble area too Mike, especially this diet stuff the mrs has me eating. I cant name everything in this meal, it wasnt all that bad, but I'm sure I'll be chewing on the counter top later... oh by the way Dotch, you can run but ya cant hide after that house warming spread!! :sleazy:
no real fish eh!!! :smoking: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a pork roast, taters and gravy, mixed veggies. Dessert later a bowl of chocolate ice cream. :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Boober, anytime a female fixes anything with slivered almonds, and something that resembles rice, Run!!!! 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
No disrespect to Missus Boober...tell her Hi.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/31/19, 07:29:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn's favorite, 'sketti! Along with garlic toast and some coarse ground ring bologna.  He probably wouldn't like my sauce though....I put mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and Romano cheese in it.....Parmesan goes on top.  umm num.  :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep right outta da jar!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao  :rotflmao:

Reb you can make your own garlic toast. Take your bread, put a light layer of butter or whatever you use, sprinkle garlic salt on it, turn bread over, repeat. Move rack on oven up turn on broiler, when toadted flip and do the same.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks just like my plate would, although I usually plop on a big pile o cottage cheese on the side. I spose tgat wouldn't fly on glenn's plate though.. :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep right outta da jar!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao  :rotflmao:

Reb you can make your own garlic toast. Take your bread, put a light layer of butter or whatever you use, sprinkle garlic salt on it, turn bread over, repeat. Move rack on oven up turn on broiler, when toadted flip and do the same.

Yuppers, I know...... just grabbed that at the bakery da udder day.  I put garlic powder (no garlic salt here) in with some butter and 'wave it until melted. Cut loaf of french bread slices thin;  ( I get the mini-loaves and freeze them) brush both sides of bread heavily with it, sprinkle with a bit of dill.  I stick it in oven at about 375* for 15 minutes or so, until lighly browned; I like it just a bit chewy.  For a real kick, get the parmesan/romano mix and sprinkle on da bread before it goes in da oven.   Usually make my own.....
However, that IS Prego sauce with m'rooms, but I do add the bacon bits and Romano to it in the jar, shake it up,  before I heat it up & eat it up.   
As for cottage cheese, I like to pile that on top of lasagna..... :tongue:

« Last Edit: February 02/02/19, 06:25:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We love spaghetti too.  Great go to meal.  Last night I boiled some spuds to make Potato Salad today to go with the St. Louis Spare Ribs we are going to put on the pellet smomer. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks just like my plate would, although I usually plop on a big pile o cottage cheese on the side. I spose tgat wouldn't fly on glenn's plate though.. :scratch:
absolutely friggin not. aint eating spoiled milk!!!!!!!!!!! :puke: when you worked inside stainless milk silos that leaked and reeks you loose your appititte for that kinda stiff. it took me 25 years to like blue cheese dressing again!!!!!

cottage cheese aint ever gonna happen!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, there's anudder one for "Barry's List"...kinda like "Schindler's List"... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Know what ya mean...been there, done that! Right after high school, worked at Marigold for the summer, 3:00 am to noon. Get there and climb down into the tanker milk trucks outside and scrub and wash out, while falling down in 6" milk. Then, inside to the cookers where they made cottage cheese and ice cream, after they cooled down to 110*, climb inside the putrid smelling ones with cottage cheese, then the sickly sweet ones with sticky ice cream to scrub and wash out. I swear I couldn't eat ice cream and cottage cheese for 10 years...... :puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

So Glenn, and I mean this with all due respect since I do respect the he77 out of you.  What are the things you don't like.  I can't remember them all.  Bacon I can't forget. 

So it is:
1.  bacon
2.  whipped cream
3.  tater tot hot dish
4.  pancakes
5.  tartar sauce
6.  black olives
7.  waffles
8.  catfish
9.  sweet pickles
10. marshmallows
11. apple juice
12. honey
13, Panko bread crumbs
14. green olives
15. cottage cheese
16. cream style corn

anything else Glenn?
this is getting interesting.

« Last Edit: March 03/20/19, 07:26:38 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
most likely doesn't like Blu cheese dressing either...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some Tex Mex deviled eggs for the super bowl today. Note no little piggies were hurt making this.  :happy1: recipe calls for 2 strips of bacon, I used bacon bacon from tastefully simple. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
egg yolks, miricale whip salsa, onion bacon. I also add salt and pepper and crushed red peppers. top with parsley flakes to make it look purdy.

I can post the reciepe if ones interested???????
« Last Edit: February 02/03/19, 11:46:12 AM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
egg yolks, miricale whip salsa, onion bacon. I also add salt and pepper and crushed red peppers. top with parsley flakes to make it look purdy.

I can post the reciepe if ones interested???????

Sure...go for it!  :sad:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
okey dokie...…...it'll be in the reciepes thread!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey I like the home page!!  I've tried the first one but the other not yet!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
First two look good....minus the sweet pickle relish. That's gotta go on Glenn's list. Dill relish for me!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had fish patties but not smoked...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Better than a cow patty....🐄    ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, there's anudder one for "Barry's List"...kinda like "Schindler's List"... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Know what ya mean...been there, done that! Right after high school, worked at Marigold for the summer, 3:00 am to noon. Get there and climb down into the tanker milk trucks outside and scrub and wash out, while falling down in 6" milk. Then, inside to the cookers where they made cottage cheese and ice cream, after they cooled down to 110*, climb inside the putrid smelling ones with cottage cheese, then the sickly sweet ones with sticky ice cream to scrub and wash out. I swear I couldn't eat ice cream and cottage cheese for 10 years...... :puke:

That reminds me of the friend of ours back when the kids were in preschool.   He worked for one of the milk processing outfits in town, probably AMPI.   Got called in on the weekend because of some sort of problem.   Had to take the kids (young kids) with him.  Climbed in the tank to fix something and somehow one of the kids hit the buttons to start it.   

Very sad.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman