Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488958 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Looks more like Enchiladas, not that there is anything wrong with that. :confused:

Enchilada's are in a red chile sauce, ya wingnut!!!  :doah:

OH, and RH..   AHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!      :hubba:
« Last Edit: August 08/20/19, 08:47:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey rebarooni…………………...I tried that BBQ aka sloppy joe reciepe you posted last weekend up north. my kid really liked it. said it was better than Manwich, I wouldn't admit it!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :moon:

I tweeked it a bit. I added minced garlic, and really small diced up homegrown celery. the BBQ sauce was a spicy bbq sauce I buy at orty's meat shop in deer river.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, celery and garlic work in there. Bit of onion powder, too.

Manwich?  Anythings better than THAT slop. Lazy man in a can.
« Last Edit: August 08/21/19, 08:14:13 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And here is last nights supper.  2 slices of Spam, 2 slices of corned beef along with veggies and the salad which I ate most of before I took the pic.  Salad completely home grown. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin' good there..! Say, ya could chunk up that Spam and make a big Cobb salad with it....I love those. Substitute for the chicky

Ingredients

6 slices bacon, chopped.
3 sliced hard-boiled eggs.
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded.
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat.
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
¾ cup blue cheese, crumbled.
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced.
3 green onions, chopped.
« Last Edit: August 08/21/19, 08:26:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made up some shrimp patties yesterday.  Bought some large raw shrimp a couple of weeks ago so I used some of those for this. 

1 lb. large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
4 oz. [ 1 1/2 cups] mozzarella cheese
1 large egg
1/4 cup mayo
2 T chopped parsley
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 th tsp black pepper
1/4 cup all purpose flour
oil for frying

I chopped the shrimp up with a cleaver.  worked great
mix up the shrimp and the rest of above except the oil until ready to scoop out.  I used a ice cream scoop and flattened the patties with it after I put the pattie in the oil.  Just enough oil to cover the pan.    good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you just pick up the patties and eat them RH?  Maybe with a dip or something or are they for a sandwich?  They look great.  I'm not sure I could chop up those nice looking shrimp. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
The patties are not that big [think ice cream scoop size flattened].  Ya, I pick them up and then dip them in tartar sauce.  Had a salad on the size.  Making the rest tonight.  I got a good deal on those.  I have some more saved for stir fry's and kabobs but they are a hit in the house and are good.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great idea,  I will try it. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Those do look tasty RH,  nuttin to brag about around here besides I inhaled 2 homemade Ruebens and some chips n dips. 2 more leftover fer lunch tomorrow.   :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a video of Rachel Rae and she was making a Vodka sauce recipe with shrimp and pasta so I tried it and it was good.  Having left overs tonight.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure looks good!! Wonder what she would be like marinated in vodka,  hopefully not louder.. Mamma has been thinking fall type meals already,  tonight she did a 3 # state fair winning meatloaf with squished taters and corn!! This weekend is a feast of Lasagna..

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Geez RH, do you hire out? My @ss is still dragging after Crop Tour! Of course Boober's lasagna feast doesn't sound too bad either... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure looks good!! Wonder what she would be like marinated in vodka,  hopefully not louder.. Mamma has been thinking fall type meals already,  tonight she did a 3 # state fair winning meatloaf with squished taters and corn!! This weekend is a feast of Lasagna..

Fall type meals already?!  :doah: Guesss I better make a batch of Reb-a-roni then... :rotflmao:

Pick up a few apples and cider then,  and a pigger roast....

Reb’s Apple-pork roast

One boneless 3lb Pork Butt Roast
Two cups  Fresh Apple Cider
Rosemary
Seasoned salt
Black pepper to taste
4 oz Cinnamon Apple Sauce (These are the “Snak Pak” size cups)
One  large Yellow Onion, sliced thin   
One apple, cut into wedges       

Marinate the roast in the cider in a Zip-Loc bag, in the fridge, for 6-8 hours, turning frequently.
Place roast in a greased baking dish, with some of the marinade. Sprinkle liberally with seasonings and lightly with the Rosemary.  Place thin layer of onions on top. Put apple wedges on next. Pour apple sauce over top. Put in a 300* oven for 45 mns to one hour, uncovered.  Cover and cook  for30- 45 mns- longer or until meat thermometer registers 155-160*. Do not overcook. Let sit covered for 15 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy! 

« Last Edit: August 08/28/19, 07:57:56 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sometimes ya just gotta have one. My bowl of cereal was wearing off by about 2 o'clock so had to do something. Had the necessary ingredients so let 'er buck. A 3 egg mushroom Swiss omelette, COTTAGE CHEESE & Mrs. Gerry's mac salad as sides. A nap ensued... :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I tried something different today...  I made a pulled pork egg bake and by golly it was good..  can always use ham, sausage or bacon so why not what we did!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Eat yer heart out, Auntie Mar Mar!!! Strawberry-rhubarb at Liberty's in Red Wing... :tongue:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya, didn't see Glenn hanging around....maybe the smurf spray worked... :confused:

« Last Edit: September 09/01/19, 05:50:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Peanut butter cookies and sweet corn chowder

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Those cookies look dynamite del!! Mamma is still in the fall mood fer dinner, cant beat tater tot hotdish and garlic bread. I had the tub of cottage cheese out but thought I'd save it fer a special occasion.. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn good looking meal!!!!!  send me the left overs!!!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
darn good looking meal!!!!!  send me the left overs!!!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Which meal?  Hotdish or soup? 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Which meal?  Hotdish or soup?

You are a leftover!  :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made something I haven't had in awhile.   Salisbury Steaks with mashed potatoes and vegies on the side.  Kind of a good comfort meal.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good there, RH, as always!  :happy1:

Gettin' close for me to make a batch of Boober-named Reb-a-roni......

"Reb-a-roni's fun to eat; Reb-a-roni can't be beat, just don't drop it on yer feet.....Hooray! Whee! For Reb-a-roni!"  :rotflmao:  :bonk: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/05/19, 11:26:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some Orange Chicken.  Trick was to fry  the chicken thigh bits twice.  Sweet with a little heat.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He needs to stop doing that. I had apple brats and beans.  :angry: