Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489429 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Last night I made a couple of cornisch hens.  Love them.  Always moist and tender.  My wife and her mom split one and I almost finished mine.  Thing that pissed me off was that i put left over stuffing that I made in the microwave when everything was almost done but I forgot all about it.  So we had everything but that.  Used the gravy I posted on earlier also.  good luck.

I've had cornich game hens and love them...……..I gotta do this!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The classic way for Philly cheesesteaks is sliced raw and grilled on a flat top griddle.     

An alternative is something more like Italian Beef sandwiches....   Or how even something like "beef on weck" from buffalo where the meat is slow roasted (or sous vide) and sliced.    Beef on weck uses rare roast beef.   

Italian beef is cooked well done.     

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The classic way for Philly cheesesteaks is sliced raw and grilled on a flat top griddle.     

An alternative is something more like Italian Beef sandwiches....   Or how even something like "beef on weck" from buffalo where the meat is slow roasted (or sous vide) and sliced.    Beef on weck uses rare roast beef.   

:happy1: tanks del. so you understand, with the meat slicer I have I need to freeze it to slice it. raw thawed out meat don't slice for me with the slicer I have.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
room temp meat is always hard to slice.. even the locker plants do that..  go get yur roast!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1: tanks del. so you understand, with the meat slicer I have I need to freeze it to slice it. raw thawed out meat don't slice for me with the slicer I have.

You shouldn't have to freeze it hard, just good and chilled and starting to freeze.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes only temper freeze the meat...   and you should be fine..

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Call me slow but that spread looks perfect RH!!! I'd like to try that as well Glenn, I dont mind fighting with the slicer but I always end up smoking and shredding.  Some day I'll thinly slice . You know tho, spose you can always cold smoke that roast for a good chunk of s day then partially freeze n slice the next..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
reiny………..I take it you baked them in the oven??? :scratch: only had them on the grill. and someone else cooked them. think i'd do them over charcoal.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Big batch o chili n corn bread muffins this away, sure is gonna go good with my leftover hot diggity toastie dogs tomorrow.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Big batch o chili n corn bread muffins this away, sure is gonna go good with my leftover hot diggity toastie dogs tomorrow.  :happy1:
i'm on my way...………….you wont have leftovers!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

chili sounds wonderous!!!!!!!! probably leftovers here!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :confused:

mamma made it home!!!!!! :confused: oh wait...supposed to be  :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm on my way...………….you wont have leftovers!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

chili sounds wonderous!!!!!!!! probably leftovers here!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :confused:

mamma made it home!!!!!! :confused: oh wait...supposed to be  :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
Don't worry glenn, next weekend isn't that far away. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some garlic butter, zucchini, steak bites with pasta yesterday.  Was really good and my wife wants me to make it again.  The recipe said to use zucchini noodles but I just cut up some zucchini and used real pasta.  I have tried zucchini pasta and didn't like the texture, same with my wife.  good luck.

« Last Edit: December 12/03/19, 01:38:34 PM by Reinhard »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Parsely, sage, Rosemary and thyme...that's what Simon and Art used to say...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He just likes to torment us! Well, me anyway!  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea but we learn some thing new from him!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang does that look tasty Rh!! I like your thoughts on the zucchini noodles vs chunks, I'll be or should I say she'll be making that soon!!   :sleazy:  Nuttin special this away besides one of Glenn's top ten go too's. Tater tot hot dish..  :happy1: Might just really crank it up and have some cottage cheese on the side!
« Last Edit: December 12/03/19, 05:24:48 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Tatter Tot dish's are one of our favorits.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think tater tot hot dish has got to be one of the best hot dishes ever!!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: :crazy: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: NOT!!!!! :tut: :tut: I wouldn't feel tater tot hot dish to the dogs OR use it for bear bait. :puke:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So what you guy so do?? :scratch: print out LPS list and tape it to the frig. :confused: :scratch:  :doah: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like tater tot hot dish with Onion Soup mix in it and at the last part cover it with cheddar cheese.  Um Um Um

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to do the cheese, have not done that!!!  thanks LPS!!!

Glenn be quiet!!!!  like that is possible even!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! Dream on, Mike! Maybe a mouthful of tots and cottage cheese, maybe....................

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! Dream on, Mike! Maybe a mouthful of tots and cottage cheese, maybe....................

I'd say if he did that he would be puking!!!!  dats funny!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a 2 1/2 lb chucker roast I injected with my secret sauce early  this am in the crock pot with taters, kayro's, onyums, and some rosemary sprigs. No celery.  ;)

Was fork-tender fall apart. *urp*  :tongue:
« Last Edit: December 12/04/19, 04:44:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Reb.  Chuck roast in my opinion has the best flavor.  good luck.