Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490260 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
If we had more room in our kitchen I would get the wife one as she likes them.  They are a cool looking machine.

They are an essential tool.   I keep mine downstairs and bring it up as needed.

You have a dumbwaiter?

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting,  I had no idea you could get attachments for those mixers. Momma whipped up a batch of white chicken chili and cornbread muffins with honey butter, I sure hope I saved room for ice cream n peanuts later..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, got the dough whip and "spatula" thingie for my Mom's....

You ain't gonna eat all that are ya?! :tongue:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn you are having Grasshoppers?  I remember my parents having them as an after dinner drink.  Creme de menthe and ????   They were great as I had a sip or two.  SO youse guys I already bought the wife a jewelry thing for Christmas.  Darn a Kitchenaid would have been perfect.  Wonder if I can get one in Bemidji?  Are there different quality levels of them or are they all the same quality?  This is important so let me know

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, there is Barry,...and the prices really vary too. Have a GF that has a couple, she's s superb cook and baker.  She has two Artisans.  Another buddy is a baker and has the classic.Usually the Classic 5 qts are the one bought most.
Check around, places like Kohls seem to have the best prices on them, I've noticed.
Run around $199 for the classic, and I think the Artisans are $299....

The Differences Between All the KitchenAid Stand Mixers

Artisan Mini 3.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer.
Artisan 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixers.
Professional 5-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixers.
6- and 7-Quart Pro Line Bowl-Lift Mixers.

This might help ya out.......

https://reviews.chicagotribune.com/reviews/best-kitchenaid-mixers

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
If we had more room in our kitchen I would get the wife one as she likes them.  They are a cool looking machine.

They are an essential tool.   I keep mine downstairs and bring it up as needed.

You have a dumbwaiter?

yep, here I am boss.  shifting stuff around as needed.  Gas the car, blow the drive, mow the grass (not at the same time), cook a meal, load the dishwasher.  Whatever needs doing.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn you are having Grasshoppers?  I remember my parents having them as an after dinner drink.  Creme de menthe and ????   They were great as I had a sip or two.  SO youse guys I already bought the wife a jewelry thing for Christmas.  Darn a Kitchenaid would have been perfect.  Wonder if I can get one in Bemidji?  Are there different quality levels of them or are they all the same quality?  This is important so let me know
yeppers.  I might have enough left to enjoy a bowl. :confused: :happy1: :rotflmao: dang kids are hard on my supply.

Not sure how others make it but here is my recipe. I take use vanilla ice cream, Kemp's,  add a bitof milk, mix in the kitchen aid and add creme de menthe till I like the color and flavoring.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds great!  Thanks for the info Rebs.  So is there a model a guy shouldn't get? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see there is a big difference in the wattage between them.  Anyone find that is an issue?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok here's one for Glenn..  last week they lottsa mottsa pizza's on sale...  so bought some, one was a breakfast pizza..  had it this morning and all we can say is, it was darn good!!  good flavor and ingredients...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

There are different models.  I think they are all high quailty and can use the attachments.   I have the pro600 model.   I gave my old tilt head 4.5 qt one to a buddy and it is still going strong after like 30 years.   

Tilt head or bowl lift is big decision.  and capacity.   Mine kneads bread dough and everything else I would want. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you get the missus a mixer, Barry?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope not yet.  She just balanced the checkbook and found the check for her present from the jewelry store in the Falls.  She said no more even though I brought up the K A.  We both would like to get one.  Maybe later... 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
use a charge card next time, then ya got a month extra!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Two words there that are a mistake: "She" and "checkbook".    :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Two words there that are a mistake: "She" and "checkbook".    :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

yuppers!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thankful my golden doesn't have thumbs,otherwise I'd be broke with him shopping online for milk bones,I dunno why dogs love them things,I think they taste like sheet ueven if your tipping a few

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thankful my golden doesn't have thumbs,otherwise I'd be broke with him shopping online for milk bones,I dunno why dogs love them things,I think they taste like sheet ueven if your tipping a few

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The green ones. Ya gotta eat the green ones.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

do they taste like green beans???   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

do they taste like green beans???   :happy1: :happy1:

I wouldn't know!   :puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Remember when I think Purina had dog food that was all different colors?  Must have been back in the 60's.  LOL  Well  our neighbors fed it to their Weimaraners so of course we all had to taste it.  Wasn't bad but wasn't great.  Kind of like a musty roll.   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't they later punch holes in that, throw some sugar on it, and sell it as Froot Loops?  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Remember when I think Purina had dog food that was all different colors?  Must have been back in the 60's.  LOL  Well  our neighbors fed it to their Weimaraners so of course we all had to taste it.  Wasn't bad but wasn't great.  Kind of like a musty roll.   :sleazy:
:scratch: MUNCHIES?? ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

what was ya smokin???!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we were 10 or 12 when we did it.  Before we learned out how to party....    :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just put a 10 lb Smithfield ham in the oven.  Butt portion with bone in so I can make soup later.  Have it at 325 and according to directions should take 2.5 to 3 hours to cook.  I have my cool Thermo Pro temp probe in it so I can keep an eye on it.  I am thinking taking it out at 145-150 in the middle.  So what do you think??? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd need at least a 1 lb slab for a taste test...... :rotflmao:

Sounds right to me....then I'd sprinkle some brown sugar on it and tent it with foil.... :tongue: