Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488688 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh good gawd!!!  that's the people that work there now days!!!! it's sad!!!   :doofus: :crazy:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well, where you!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Only when I'm with you....is the next batch ready?  :mooning:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Soaked a few beaver back legs and back straps overnight in salt water.  Browned in a frying pan and now they are in the slow cooker.  8 hours from now they will be falling off the bone tender.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Soaked a few beaver back legs and back straps overnight in salt water.  Browned in a frying pan and now they are in the slow cooker.  8 hours from now they will be falling off the bone tender.

Jerry, if you get a small beaver tail...Can I have it? I would like to try it for catching Bluegills
Maybe freeze it till I see you again? Or I can pick it up...
I caught 2 in my traps, and gave them to a local trapper (on the carcass) , but forgot to take a tail.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Butt or Boston Butt is one of the cuts from a pork shoulder, I thing the other one is the picnic that they used to make picnic ham out of.  Cheaper than regular ham.   

I don't know what they do with picnics anymore.  don't see them at the stores...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just sayin by today's stores they are one and the same...  no one use's all the other cuts any more to speak of...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Butt or Boston Butt is one of the cuts from a pork shoulder, I thing the other one is the picnic that they used to make picnic ham out of.  Cheaper than regular ham.   

I don't know what they do with picnics anymore.  don't see them at the stores...

That's cuz it's not a true ham. It's a pork shoulder/upper leg.    🐷
« Last Edit: January 01/01/20, 05:26:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they can use the butt/shoulder for canadian bacon if they want too....  that's the only thing beside pork steaks... 

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!

Jerry, if you get a small beaver tail...Can I have it? I would like to try it for catching Bluegills
Maybe freeze it till I see you again? Or I can pick it up...
I caught 2 in my traps, and gave them to a local trapper (on the carcass) , but forgot to take a tail.

Plenty to choose from.  Big small medium.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a lottza motzza tonight!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: piggy butts...….my patoot!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

besides...….I like da butts in dat udder thread!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/20, 06:39:25 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Made my "Universe Famous" Spaghetti tonight. Used burger plus added meatballs.  Lots of mushrooms too.   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah, so.   What happens to them?   They cut up a pig and they have two from each pig.  What do they do with them?   I don't see them at t he store fresh or cured.   Export to someplace that likes them?   English bacon?   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Them? That's a movie about giant ants.....Have you ever thought maybe they just don't DO that cut anymore?  :doah:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/20, 08:20:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah, so.   What happens to them?   They cut up a pig and they have two from each pig.  What do they do with them?   I don't see them at t he store fresh or cured.   Export to someplace that likes them?   English bacon?

Del I answered that back up aways.... 
they can use the butt/shoulder for canadian bacon if they want too....  that's the only thing beside pork steaks... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they go in Yogi and Boo boo's pic-a-nic  basket..... :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/02/20, 07:55:32 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I mis-spoke when I said canadian bacon...  I meant cottage bacon from the roasts....  sorry about that....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I mis-spoke when I said canadian bacon...  I meant cottage bacon from the roasts....  sorry about that....
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No Glenn; it doesn't contain cottage cheese.  :bonk: I like a big slab of that fried up with eggs!  :tongue:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to cubs and they had been out of the pork roasts since Monday!!!!  they gave a rain check that's good for 30 days!!! 

I was going to cook one this weekend too!!!  new plans will have to be figured out now!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got to cubs and they had been out of the pork roasts since Monday!!!!  they gave a rain check that's good for 30 days!!! 

I was going to cook one this weekend too!!!  new plans will have to be figured out now!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
i love o good old pork roast with gravy and smashed spuds........but my wife doesnt care for it........ sucks to be her iffin i'm cookin!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I was wanting to make!!!  but the spuds cooked with the pork, nor mashed...  but that's good too!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

i love o good old pork roast with gravy and smashed spuds........but my wife doesnt care for it........ sucks to be her iffin i'm cookin!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And does she haveta pull out the infamous "Glenn's list" when she cooks for you?  :scratch:   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

And does she haveta pull out the infamous "Glenn's list" when she cooks for you?  :scratch:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: no she has it memorized........if she ever actually cooks!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Well Glenn, if you would sous vide the pork roast she would probably love it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman