Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490228 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Gotta love them "mini me" cabbages, right mikey?  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well as much as I hate to say it, the DIL made some of those darn things last Sunday when I was there and damned if they weren't good!!!  she cooked them with bacon and the bacon grease..  I did enjoy them.. that doesn't mean I'll be buying them any time soon, but you never know...  so keep laughing Glenn!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

:happy1:  I knew ya'd come around!!!   ;D

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess it's all in how they are prepared.. just plain cooked no thanks...   who knows!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, at least ya don't have a list like Glenn's...  :evil:: OOh, that was mean.  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ah.....why dont you 2 go play in traffic!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good video Reb, that's what I have tried to teach folks...   so yes you get what you pay for...  :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice video Reb.  The bar S and some of the first one's shown are garbage along with Sweigert dogs.  Some of the other brands I haven't seen around here but Hebrew dogs and Nathans are not bad for skinless.  I'm surprised they didn't have skin on dogs on there.  They would beat them all if they were the quality ones like Ambassador for example.  I used to work for Ambassador when they were in the original plant in Mpls.  My first meat job.  Only worked one year then it was on the being a butcher.  Back then all of their stuff was great.  They sold the company soon after I quit there.  Although still good for store bought but they are not the same .  Just like Johnsonville brats.  Original owners they were great, now still good but not the same.  good luck.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Weenies!

https://youtu.be/woEAhg71bx4
Hey, I caught 2 northerns this winter using BarS hot dogs. I can’t afford those high priced Fun Dogs.
I don’t like the texture of the Hebrew National, but they got the Nathan’s right.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There ain't any good weenies out there anymore. They're all like eating a wet sponge. I tried the Nathan's last year, that was the saltiest greasebomb I've ever had. Even the coarse ground old fashioned one aren't anymore...they're all ground fine and IMO, taste like crap. Had some Minnesota Twins stadium ones too...they were probably the worst yet. Don't EVER buy those!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nuttin like a good small butcher shop Weiner.  I only eat hot dogs made by plantenbergs in Richmond. And I don't remember the last time I ate one that wasn't a venny Weiner. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya what a shame.  I have been noticing it for years.  There just isn't a good hot dog anymore.  Boar talks about his casings that pull off easy but not sure if you freeze them like that or peel them first.  May have to make my own and I would have years ago but keep hearing how hard it is to use sheep casings. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a hankering for some Italian type snausge. So I stopped at the store last night and picked up a our family brand Italian sausage type brat. Hot. Hope I'm not disappointed. :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think all you guys that do snauasges need to form a company and start turning out weenies and smoked snauages for sale...everyone likes a good hot dog! You could get an exclusive to sell them at the Twinkie's games! Wonder if they still have their contract with Schweigert...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it would price prohibitive,, only because folks here make good quality products!!!  but who knows!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think all you guys that do snauasges need to form a company and start turning out weenies and smoked snauages for sale...everyone likes a good hot dog! You could get an exclusive to sell them at the Twinkie's games! Wonder if they still have their contract with Schweigert...
hey I'm in. I'll go quality control!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Oops gotta go mix me anudder one. :drinking: :drinking:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, we got enough guys on here that really know their snauasge/smoking/meat stuff....and Mikey did inspections, I worked in the grind room at the butcher shop, we got the butchers and smokers and meat guys....Glenn, you gotta do the sales and employees! I'll help Mikey with the food safety, and portion control, the meat guys will handle all the production and we'll all turn out Minnysoda's best weenie! Now, we just need a name! Hmmm.... :scratch:
O wait, who's gonna do finance and payroll?
« Last Edit: January 01/17/20, 08:29:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, do we need a weenie union? :bonk: Oh, by the way....Oscar Mayer has the Weiner mobile, but since this is an outdoors site, I found us OUR weenie vehicle... and slogan.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/17/20, 08:53:51 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, do we need a weenie union? :bonk:
as long as Del not involved like he said I think we're good. :happy1: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I get to drive the weenie craft....  :cool:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
need more models in the wiener craft!!!  just sayin!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We're makin' weenies here, mister, no time to gawk at girlies!!!  :tut:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We're makin' weenies here, mister, no time to gawk at girlies!!!  :tut:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: what planet you from?????????? :evil: :scratch: :doah: :tut: :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew a friend that had a houseboat on the St. Croix near ours and it was called Up Uranus and had a planet painted next to it!  LOL  Having a sub for lunch. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew a friend that had a houseboat on the St. Croix near ours and it was called Up Uranus and had a planet painted next to it!  LOL  Having a sub for lunch.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: