Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489475 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That does sound good Dotch and having extra boxes fer the lady is another reason to get more  :happy1: Well nuttin untawed around here so its ham and cheese omelettes paired with bacon, sausage , toast and Busch light fer dinner, the whipper snapper wants waffles so we'll make a mess fer sure. Top it off the pooch spotted the ice cream in da freezer so I'm sure I'll hafta share a bowl a little later on.. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now someone tells me how to properly eat spaghetti.  I like his style.  He doesn't have much meat and sauce though.  I overdo the sauce and meat in mine. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that picture almost does look like him!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The dagos in dagoland use only a little sauce.  The Pasta is the thing.  The sauce is only an add on

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m not a big poster, preferring to listen— but we just finished Lobster Ravioli from Costco topped with king crab legs left over from Valentines Day at $7.49 a pound. Chunky tomato saffron sauce.  No pictures—too busy eating. It’s a marriage made in Heaven— my wife loves to cook and I love to eat.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great fw & the more the merrier!  :happy1: I do the vast majority of meal prep here. Made garlic shrimp, Birdseye sweetcorn & cheesebread. I did not use a scissors to eat any of it however... :azn:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a lot of scissors play. The crab legs was a small amount just to top the Ravioli. Birdseye vegetables are a regular side dish here.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m not a big poster, preferring to listen— but we just finished Lobster Ravioli from Costco topped with king crab legs left over from Valentines Day at $7.49 a pound. Chunky tomato saffron sauce.  No pictures—too busy eating. It’s a marriage made in Heaven— my wife loves to cook and I love to eat.

that sounds great for sure!!!!     :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got some top sirloin thawed for grilling tonight, with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots for a veg...  not sure what else, maybe some bush beans!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Glenn does most of the cooking too. Spaghettio cans are hard to open.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/20, 07:56:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not a lot of scissors play. The crab legs was a small amount just to top the Ravioli. Birdseye vegetables are a regular side dish here.

Am good friends with the Birdseye area field man. We've monitored 1000's of acres of their sweetcorn and peas over the years. The growers often offer to let me take some fresh sweetcorn or peas out of the field. I occasionally grab a few ears of sweetcorn but getting the dirt cleaned out of the peas when they go thru the peabine is a workout. Did that once & never again. Much easier to wait until they go on sale in the store! :laugh:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Peas are one veggie that seems to take well to being frozen.  I have had fresh peas a few times and frozen is right up there in the quality comparison.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Frozen peas are the only way to fly, unless ya buy a bag of sugar snap peas in the pod. Blanch for about 1 mn then chill quick. *snap*crunch*yum*

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I know it's really nice outside and I picked up charcoal today but it's a great big batch o lasagna with a fresh loaf of french bread sliced , buttered and loaded with mozzarella kinda evening..  Thinkin thighs outside tomorrow. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
grilled top sirloin steaks cooked to med to med rare and sides....  we are full..............    :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Who's this "we"? You got a terd in yer pocket?  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Who's this "we"? You got a terd in yer pocket?  :rotflmao:
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: maybe he gotz an in home nurse helping with circulation.    :tut: :tut: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There it is again................... :doah:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/20, 07:32:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Delray, what the hey was that supposed to mean? "Royal we"....   :king:

Speaking of royal, you should see the patient menu's at St. Marys....holy crap! Everything from California cheeseburgers to Shrimp scampi...pot roast...strip steak..fried chicken...all types of salad, wraps, oriental dishes, wines.....unreal!
« Last Edit: February 02/22/20, 08:44:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Delray, what the hey was that supposed to mean? "Royal we"....   :king:

Speaking of royal, you should see the patient menu's at St. Marys....holy crap! Everything from California cheeseburgers to Shrimp scampi...pot roast...strip steak..fried chicken...all types of salad, wraps, oriental dishes, wines.....unreal!

Well, dotch asked you who the "we" was, so I had a different suggestion than he did.    Royal we is like  Queen Elizabeth... "we are not amused"....   

Far out about the food.   Last time wife was in she wasn't feeling much like eating after they got done with her knee.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure has changed. Looks like a good restaurant menu now. And it actually arrives hot!  :shocked:
Far better than the SOS I had 4 or 5 yrs ago in there... :puke:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
some snausage eggs and hash browns for lunch, then a beef roast in the oven with taters, gravy and a veggie of some sort tonight.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just had hash browns with onions and mushrooms fried with them, eggs and toast...  skipped the sausage today...  next time with sausage cause it's just so good!!!  or then there's bacon!!!   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well a nice sized arm roast in the crack pot with potato's, onions and carrots.. along with Rh's gravy!!!!  that will taste good tonight!!!!