Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: labor day weekend plans  (Read 2257 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
labor day.......brought to you by labor unions across the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there now that I got that outta my system.....................whats eveyones plans for the last weekend of summer?????? glenns headed to Itasca county to get the boat wet.................hopefully get some fish pictures for da contest. looks like it may be a tad wet at times so I may check out the lost 40, then look around at some old deer hunting stomping grounds!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Since I too an a Union Guy and enjoying this Union Holiday I think we are going to Blueberry Hill for a night or two.  I can then use the new Honda genny.  And it is close to home.  There is no water or elec there so we will go self contained.  Gonna be great.  Will take the dogs for some walks through the woods and just relax.  The last time we went there the place was empty.  By the time we loaded up the camper and got over there it was full.  Only one site left so we got it.  A horse club had arrived for the weekend.  Actually made it fun.  Got to talk to some people and watch the horse interactions.  We have horses too so enjoyed it. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Labor Day will be a day of labor here. I'll have the shop open til 2:00 then I'll scrub it from top to bottom and then change filters, replace o-rings, screens and anything else that might need it. Then it's time to start packing for for our vermilion trip on Friday. I always look forward for this week to relax but it also adds stress being 1050 miles away from the shop with limited cell reception. I'm always expecting the employees to burn it down to the ground while I'm away. So there is no time for anything on the grill, in the smoker, or time with the family on Labor Day
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I plan to go to our hunting cabin and burn a lot of old wood that we had cleaned up around the place this spring.  Also will put out several trail cameras and do some exploring.  My wife has only been to the shed and cabin and never really went to the "woods" parts so it should be fun.  We plan to stay over night and for once maybe just relax and watch wildlife.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I plan to go to our hunting cabin and burn a lot of old wood that we had cleaned up around the place this spring.  Also will put out several trail cameras and do some exploring.  My wife has only been to the shed and cabin and never really went to the "woods" parts so it should be fun.  We plan to stay over night and for once maybe just relax and watch wildlife.
sounds like one heck of a plan deadeye!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Oldest son and his wife and kids, my sister and her hubby and I are headed to deer camp along with four-wheelers, two chain saws, 620 Ranger with musky gear, and maybe a DR brush mower. Keeping my options open to work and/or play. Have burgers, brats, chicken, steaks and sweet corn on the menu so we should make a few cold beers and 20 to 25 pounds of charcoal disappear. Can't wait till Thursday afternoon. Should be fun for all.
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My step dad is coming up for the weekend. Just going to go with the flow and see what happens. Hopefully some fishing, maybe go do a little shooting or maybe even putzs with a couple small projects around the house. Definitely will put down a beer or two.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
The ole girl and myself will do exactly what we do every holiday!! Avoid the crowds!! This is our favorite. lots a weekenders lock up cabins and it gets real peaceful here!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like us.  We are going to do some home projects, do some grilling, and like I said earlier we may go to the local State Camp area for a night just to get away.  And a boat ride or two. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The ole girl and myself will do exactly what we do every holiday!! Avoid the crowds!! This is our favorite. lots a weekenders lock up cabins and it gets real peaceful here!!
I DONT GET IT MYSELF????? I love it after holidays..........but I guess if  they don't all go home for the winter it cant get quiet!!!!!!!!