Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fall fishing  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
My favorite time of the season is here and the fishing will only get better as the weather gets cooler.
Especially the Walleye action. My favorite presentation for fall Walleyes is a jig and a minnow. There are however a number of very effective presentations to catch fall Walleyes. Trolling main lake flats can be very effective here on Vermilion. Lindy rigs tipped with shiners or small Pike suckers in the 3 to 5 inch range can also be excellent for Smallmouth bass this time of the year. :happy1:

Myself I just love to catch Walleyes on a jig. There is nothing better than setting that hook into a nice fish. Sharp vertical drops along points or main lake rock structures that fall into deep water are one of the most productive locations. Deep holes in the 25 to 35 foot range can be very productive all day long. ;)

"Ace" :happy1:

"It's just fishing man"  :coffee:
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
Check us out on facebook.

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
The Walleye action has been getting better by the day as water temps have cooled into the 50's and the jig bite has been awesome. Live minnows or gulp in the shad pattern have both been catching fish for me.  ;)

Sharp vertical drops into deeper water and the deep transition zones around main lake rock piles have been my go to locations. The 25 to 35 foot range has been the most productive for me and it should just get better and better after the turnover. :happy1:

"Ace"  :happy1:

"It's just fishing man"
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
Check us out on facebook.