Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ever wondered how good your game is for you?  (Read 3737 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :deer:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, wild game is very good for you for sure.  Thanks for the information HD.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I know crock-pot squirrel is good for ya! Gives ya strong nuts!!!  ;D

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Question though: Who eats bass? Glenn maybe????  :old fisherman:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Early season bass.......after June, it's fish flavored mush. Just like Lutefisk.  :puke:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
not a chance. Maybe pickled. That's other people's dish. Sunfish with skin a d nords for this dude!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I eat Bass.   Vermilion smallies are delicious.   The largies probably are too, but they seem like they are all head and no meat.   So mostly I don't bother with them.  Nords are a little problem due to the 24 to 36 slot.   

Keeper walleye are a 15 mile one way boat ride....

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
not a chance. Maybe pickled. That's other people's dish. Sunfish with skin a d nords for this dude!

Don't get me wrong I like a meal of sunfish.  But when a guy says he's a sunfish and nord guy it translates to I don't have enough skills to catch a walleye so I settle. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What you talking about Willis! :censored: :doah: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I only ate largemouth twice.  Once as a kid when my brother and me snuck into a private lake which also contained trout.  We kept a  couple of rainbows and three bass fishing off shore.  Those bass were very good.  The other time was down in Arkansas when we camped on Table Rock.  I caught some largemouth suspended in 80 feet of water.  We kept some and they were great also.  Ate plenty of smallmouths in the Arrowhead area and had them for shorelunch.  Could not tell the difference between them and walleyes.  The smallmouths in Clearwater Lake off the Gunflint Lake even had a little pink in their flesh [it's basicaly a lake trout lake].  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As kids catching sunnies a largemouth bass was a big bonus to us.  Ate many of them and tasted fine to us.  I used to enter a walleye tourney at West Bend on the Mighty Mo in South Dakota.  A friendly tourney mostly of guys from Luverne MN.  It was a great time.  Every year the smallies got bigger and bigger.  Man did they fight.  We ate lots of them.  They also tasted great.  The water was cold since this was in early May each year.  The walleye fishing was good too.  Now if I catch a smallie here on the river I let them go. 

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bass ARE sunfish, ya know.  Look it up :)

I used to be anti-bass eatin' too but I've since seen the err of my ways.  Like any fish, you don't eat the huge ones, but the average size LM is a nice thick flaky white fillet and you'd never know it from Walleye if it were chunked-up on a plate together.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
comparing it to walleye??????? only way theres flavor there is to add batter!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I think you guys just ate a lot of dirt as kids and have acquired the taste of bass  :laughroll: :laughroll:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Ya, my experience with largemouth bass hasn't been great, probably because of the time of year, late summer-early fall. Fun to catch but dirt flavored mush is about right! Smallmouth out of the rivers and streams in SE MN were fine early season.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
smallies aint bad but largies aint al lthat good.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez I need medical help. I tend to agree with both boar and da general! :doah: :doah: had large mouth smoked and pickled, there ok. Any other way they taste like crap , kinda like walleye!:rotflmao:smallies only way I cook them is on the grill.