Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Grindstone Lake  (Read 6476 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well since Grindstone is in Pine County let's start the Grindstone thread right here.  I have been waiting for a long time to get that landing dredged.  It was all approved last year but no money was to be had.  Well they finally got the money and as of Sept. 30th the landing has been dredged.  Four feet deep up to the lake entrance.  So  the sand bar will still be there because they could not disturb it, but it is a welcome job done.  So next year it will be easier to launch your boat and to get access to the lake.  This will be awesome for a lot of the anglers that love to fish that lake.  good luck.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That will be nice! I've been just bringing my light 14 footer the last few years cause I  can't get the 16 in the landing. I'll prolly plop the 14 one last time, just to check it out. But hopefully, itis better! Thanks RH!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think stream trout in lakes is still open till Oct. 31st.  They should be near the surface and around the shorelines.  This is the months that the DNR stocks rainbows for the hard water season normally.  Also right now would be great for the big smallmouth and the big pike that will roam the shorelines.  I have seen many big pike roam the shallows in October when I was able to get out on the lake.  I would head out as well because of the landing now being in good shape but I have to stick around to take my wife to therapy for another week and then I will pay attention to deer camp.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Grindstone opened last Saturday.  Haven't made it out there yet.  With my wife's knee surgeries I had to stay home a bit.  She is going to go back to work this week part time until she moves around better.  She has to use my truck for work because there is more room for her legs vs the van.  The van can't hold my portable and plus it's just rear wheel drive.  But by next week I think she can use the van a couple of days so I will be able to finally get out there.

I've heard reports that the ice in places are 13 inches and little less in deeper water.  Most guy's are wise and just park near the shoreline and walk out.  Don't have to walk far for deep water.  But the rainbows are shallow anyway.  good luck.