Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2016 pheasant hunting  (Read 2870 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Made it out again and now I'm going to have to cook so I can keep hunting.   Another limit today after 3 hours. The old dog still has it. Hunted all public land today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Great job.  Way to knock um down.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Nice Job! G. that would be fun.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
I would love to try bow hunting pheasants. Think that would be a hoot. Nicely done
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The hunt after the storm was a good one.   We limited out yesterday and saw lots  of birds.   The worst part was the first 50 to 100 yards walling out into the wildlife areas.   The snow was about waist deep and it was the kind where you can almost stand on top then you break through.   However once you made it through that it wasn't too bad.   I'll get some pictures today of the hunt.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy general, that wind musta been brutal.  :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The wind was brutal but pheasant hunting is my favorite among hunting activities.   We saw lots of birds Saturday and Sunday.   Here is a picture of an old barn we drove past. I also attached a pic of a sign at the place we ate at.   Sorry when we were cleaning birds it was dark out and my hands were cold and bloody so I didn't get pictures of them.

« Last Edit: November 11/21/16, 09:04:01 PM by The General »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The old man found the heater.   We are out west pheasant hunting in the framper.   We got 3 yesterday and seen a bunch.   Boy they are jumpy.  The sloughs let just say are not frozen enough to walk on :doah:.  But the bird are in the cattails.   

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
We just got back and got most everything put away.  We needed up with 14 birds.  I'm not sure how many times I fell through the sloughs but the birds were in the cattails so it is what it is.  We saw tons of hens but the roosters were hard to come by.  The framper worked flawlessly.  No banking of any kind and it kept it a toasty 70 degrees.  I do need to get some kind of fan wired up.  Beer, fireball, and moonshine were the drinks of choice this weekend.