Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: aluminum rims  (Read 12528 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK now I'm pizzed!!!!! training-087 :banghead: :banghead: last time I"ll own anything with aluminum rims. anyone of you rocket scientists got any tricks to remove these rims from the hub. my ATV tire has a slow leak in the front tire, I found it, leaks several places on the outside bead. I have had wd40, liquid wrench and now 3 in 1 oil smothered all over it to try and break it loose. trying to take it off to bring to the tire place but!!!!!!!!!!

any ideas??? thinking of just taking the whole wheeler down there and let them deal with it. I,ve gently beat on it but not to hard not wanting to break the rim.  :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
How's the tread?
I put "green slime" in all my wheeler tires. ...no more flat tires.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
tread is great!!! whats this green slime you speak of???????????

and then there is the issue of them rims need to come off eventually???????? :bonk: :banghead: :banghead:
« Last Edit: November 11/18/16, 06:07:21 PM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and will it work at  this this temp????

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It's a tire sealant, I put it in all my small implement tires.
Hay rake, haybine, wheel barrow, hay wagons, garden trailers, 4 wheelers, mini bike....etc...

You can buy it just about everwhere.

As for getting the rims off sooner or later...I use a product called  "Knock'er Loose" basically, it's penetrating oil. Stuff works pretty  quick. Just spray it a few times and leave it overnight. Take a rubber mallet the next day and pop it a few times.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks HD!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :kingscourt: :kingscourt:

reckon I gotta be nice to ya for a while now......huh?????? :doah: :doah: :bow: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Whenever ya take a rim OFF, run silicone grease or TPF lube around the rim....and on the studs. Keeps the corrosion out and off. Same things as truck and vehicle rims......

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Reb, HD...you guys forget who your talkin to right? he cant even fish.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Kick the top of the rim and they will come off, it may take many times. One time that didn't work and I grabbed a log and used that.  Just don't use a hammer as you don't want to bend the rim.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Whenever ya take a rim OFF, run silicone grease or TPF lube around the rim....and on the studs. Keeps the corrosion out and off. Same things as truck and vehicle rims......
that's just it them bombardier products run forever. Other then a little grease and new oil and filter never had issues!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb, HD...you guys forget who your talkin to right? he cant even fish.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
boar ... . Go drink your fireball!! :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
but what good is it if yu cant even get the tire off.. oh can am this and can am that... can am is the best can am is the greatest... can am forever... ummmm can someone help me get the tire off my can am.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Green slime works great,like HD said. Our old mower up to lake had weather check issues on the rear tire. We couldn't get the tire of the rim either so we took the rim & all in to L & M. They put a new tire on it for just < $40. Put it back on the mower only to find we had the same issue with the other side. We just pulled that rim & all off the mower & green slimed it, making sure we got the sidewalls good.  That was 2 or 3 years ago & not a problem since.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a trip to fleet farm sometime this weekend!!!! still wanna get the rims off.  so on the honey dew list it goes for all the tires. clean them up, slobber the hud up with antiseaze and put back on.   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
thanks HD!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :kingscourt: :kingscourt:

reckon I gotta be nice to ya for a while now......huh?????? :doah: :doah: :bow: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I wouldn't be to nice to me....cause I have a "special" post just for you....just waiting for the right time.....  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

don't you and Del gotta go pinto bean shopping or somethin??????????????? :moon:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
You too HD?
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

don't you and Del gotta go pinto bean shopping or somethin??????????????? :moon:

He's yer brother, why would I want to go anywhere with him??! He uses kidney beans for his liquid goulash, anyway. Besides, this thread is about ALUMINUM RIMS anyway, ya knob!  :doah:
« Last Edit: November 11/19/16, 05:53:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a tire sealant, I put it in all my small implement tires.
Hay rake, haybine, wheel barrow, hay wagons, garden trailers, 4 wheelers, mini bike....etc...

You can buy it just about everwhere.

As for getting the rims off sooner or later...I use a product called  "Knock'er Loose" basically, it's penetrating oil. Stuff works pretty  quick. Just spray it a few times and leave it overnight. Take a rubber mallet the next day and pop it a few times.....
hey HD any heads up on where i can purchase this knock erup............. i mean knock er loose?????????

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've seen it at napa, orielly's, grainger, amazon...the boy just picked some up, I sent him a text....I'll let ya know what he says.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Heres a few places for knockerloose.I never used it but like I said on the other site Kroil is some of the best I have tried
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS699US716&q=knock'er+loose+vs+pb+blaster&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQyNfIp7rQAhWB14MKHTLECssQ1QIIhwEoAA
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
He said he got the last can at Fleet Farm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
thanks bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem. ...stuff works pretty darn good....just as good as kroil, only cheaper.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well it appears the green slime worked on the tire. checked it with soapy water!!!! I picked up a can of that bust er loose but that project will wait till spring!!!!!!!! thanks guys for all the advice.......well some of your advice???? :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So this Green Slime.   It sounds like you should take the tire and rim off the wheeler so you can tip it in all directions to get everything coated.  Is that the trick?  How much in each tire, a whole can?  I have two tires on my wheeler that I constantly put air in.  Just put tubes in the front tires on my lawn mower.  That was a challenge...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Only problem with that stuff is, when ya have to replace that tire on the rim in a couple years....  Ask any tire guy.   :doah:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope LPS you don't have to take the tire off. Just drive around real slow at first or jack that side up and rotate it slowly. They have different size containers for the tire you are putting it in.....and they sell inner tubes with it pre-installed at Nothern Tool....