Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: horseshoe chain  (Read 29303 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so I decided to take a drive around the chain. shoulda stayed home. some bozo about schmucked me when I was at a stop sign. anyway, theres 1 portable on schnieder lake, 2 spear houses on becker, roughly 8-10 people on horseshoe, no one on the other side of there. and 1 on long  and no one on browns!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
in my boredom I took a drive around the horseshoe chain this afternoon. the ice is starting to darken. no one was driving on, but then there weren't a whole lot of people out. weren't even parking on the ice along shore.  only seen 3 houses out on the ice. few ATV'S that about it. some water on the ice. and the sauk river really opened up in the last week!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some folks are waking up!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a cruise around the horseshoe chain, the lakes are nutz full of boats, all the accesses are packed full and cars parked all over the roads. glad i'm not on the lakes. keep my sanity that way!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
on the bike ride today I went by many lakes and all were full!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
took a cruise around the horseshoe chain, the lakes are nutz full of boats, all the accesses are packed full and cars parked all over the roads. glad i'm not on the lakes. keep my sanity that way!!!!!

!!! When did you get sanity? Did you just place an order for some?!  :scratch:

I made the mistake of going up to Pepin one 4th weekend....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never did THAT again!   :doah:
« Last Edit: July 07/02/17, 05:14:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Big time crazy round here too. The kid and I went fishing this morning, bout 9 the  tubers and jet skis  took over. Floating weeds galore,  every time remi comes in with his dummy he's pulling weeds with him.pretty good fireworks displays so far.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Might as well be at the lake. Big-time fir works goin' off around here, bottle rockets whizzin' all over, neighbor dispute 2 houses down, idjit neighbor's been revving up his cherry bomb muffler equipped truck all day long....other neighbor just came out and screamed at him....cops just rolled up....I might have to go kick some azz. Gettin' sick of it.....sure wish I lived in the country.  :angry2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a cruise around the chain today. Few houses on Becker, some out on horseshoe. Couple out on long and browns lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
m granddaughter, her boyfriend and there friend went out to big lake by richmond last nite. said there is about a foot of ice!!!......only 3 crappies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too cold! Fish were still in bed!  :fish2:    :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a cruise around the chain earlier. Not a lot of activity.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Much fer snow out thata way Glenn ?, was thinking on checking on things a little further west of you a smidge..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Hardly any at all, heck Mr sparkles could get out on the lake!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a cruise around the chain.........pretty much barron. think i seen a total of 6 houses out. there is a big hole in the ice not to far from the 22 access that goes out to becker lake.

not so sure yet, but unless things change i might be done fishing this winter............sure would like to head north again before ice out though. :pouty: 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Hardly any at all, heck Mr sparkles could get out on the lake!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a cruise around the lakes. the pubs where much busier. :scratch: not many out, a few vehicles out on the lake but most were parking on the shoreline.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man i cant belive how much the river opened up today from yesterday. the winter landings really got beat up in that time. i also cant believe there was a vehicle out there yet. the river must of doubled open water since yesterday. also yesterday there were 4 vehicles out on the ice, today all but the one was parked on shore.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a cruise around the chain. long didn't have much activity. browns lake did,  a good bunch of vehicles scattered on the ice on the whole chain. houses scattered all over.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
went for a drive today. grand lake by Rockville had lotz of houses and vehicles out on the ice.

same with the chain, I didn't go out past long, vehicles all out and about. no one was out by the meth hole but looked like 2 were headed that way. lot of wheel houses out on cedar island. where they where they did some damage to the catfish last year.

stay clear of the main river one should be good, as I say that though vehicles were crossing the river on the summer access to get over to becker lake!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a drive around the chain. not a lot of activity out. south end of long is pretty ghost town like. not usually like that. most activity is on the north end by an island out from cozy corners. a few around the meth hole but not like usual. scattered all over, like that also on cedar island.

HSO is having a catfish party out there march 2, since I still has a couple MNO bumper stickers on my truck topper, think i'll go visit and fish awhile before I go to the game feed.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
checked out the horseshoe chain from the road today. horseshoe looked as rough as a plowed field. road wasn't looking very driveable either although there was some type of small blazer type vehicle out there. there where only 2 houses  left on the lake, 1 on cedar island, 1 on horseshoe. rod out on cedar island looked pretty good and well plowed out for as far as I could see.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Did you go check out the HSO kitty party?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was going to but they cancelled it when borsch got his 1 ton stuck the weekend before.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
bored!!!!!!! :doofus: and needed to hit the grocery store. they sure were busy. as long as I was out I took a quick cruise down past the chain. there were 3 vehicles in the channel on schnieder lake and 3 vehicles out on cedar island. that's it. horseshoe was abandon. I didn't go out past long lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the sauk river is starting to open up. the creek going into Schneider lake is open and starting to open up going into the lake. there were 2 people out in the channel and they walked.

horseshoe itself was barren of any fishermen and there were 6 vehicles parked on shore on cedar island. a few on browns lake a few coming off long lake. I heard through the grapevine that becker lake is freezing out. the lakes are layered from what I've been told, once you get through the crust you hit water, then the drilling bogs down with all the water.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy sheep dip did the river ever open up and water levels rise in the last 24 hours on the chain. it looks to me getting on most of the chain is pretty much all done. low spots on hwy 22 have water almost up on the road.

there was a sheriffs deputy and one of cold springs finest on the old railroad bridge in town surveying things, looks like the deputy had some gadget in his hand???????? water was really flowing over that dam!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's a lot of open water now on the chain, wherever there's current and a few shallow bays. I stopped at a creek and the channel that goes from long lake to horseshoe, didn't see any pike. must not be spawn time just yet.
« Last Edit: March 03/31/19, 04:34:05 PM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there is a whole lot of open water on the chain. there is still ice on cedar island and ice on horseshoe where the winter access is. there was a few rigs yesterday at the hwy 22 river access!