Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hillman's  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
So, a buddy of mine rented a sleeper for the 13th and 14th of jan out of a place called hillman's it's on the very east side of the lake north of west winds resort supposedly. I tried looking them up and i didn't see a whole lot on them, a dead face book page and an even "deader" website. Cookie (so i was told, or someone at cookies) actually suggested them as he was booked and was pretty last minute. Has anybody heard of them?

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats buddy hilman, he runs the road cookie gose out of.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They've been on the lake a long time. I think they still prefer that you call. Like Boar said, Buddy & Cookie pretty much maintain most of the road system on the North side of the lake
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
218-647-8504 is what Cookie listed

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
no problem we've already booked just wondering how they are. from word of mouth they sound pretty good, friendly and reasonable. Thanks fellas!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats ice a palooza weekend, stop by!
78.50"

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
I may have to.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
cookie can point ya to us.!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I may have to.
you'll regret it the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
glen gonna be out there too?

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
So, a buddy of mine rented a sleeper for the 13th and 14th of jan out of a place called hillman's it's on the very east side of the lake north of west winds resort supposedly. I tried looking them up and i didn't see a whole lot on them, a dead face book page and an even "deader" website. Cookie (so i was told, or someone at cookies) actually suggested them as he was booked and was pretty last minute. Has anybody heard of them?

My grandparents purchased a cabin in Waskish in the early 50's and now many of my immediate family have cabins on the Tamarack River. Buddy's a good guy and the Hillman family have been running a good business for decades. They are not big on social media or high tech with a fancy website. Buddy will take care of you! 
« Last Edit: December 12/29/16, 11:07:29 AM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nope!!!!!! I gotta take care of business around home before my back surgery. I also need/must take anudder trip to the cabin spearing before my surgery!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
forgot about that.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
nope!!!!!! I gotta take care of business around home before my back surgery. I also need/must take anudder trip to the cabin spearing before my surgery!!!!!

Hey good luck with that back operation Glenn.  I had one years ago and it was a complete success.  I could tell as soon as I woke up that I felt better....   Of course I was all doped up too...   lol

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
The hillmens have a camp ground, Store, bait and a 3/2 bar with set ups "TALL TAVERNS". Down to earth people . Buddy Hillmen takes care of the ice road and ice house rentals and puts in 20 hour days all winter long . He has a passion for his road like I have a passion for golf and billards. LOL. He knows the ice better then anybody. Char, BJ and Colleen run the bar and store and camp ground..  Always admired the time he spent with his kids a great father, all his kids hunted, fish, and played sports.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
I'm liking the good reviews here, feeling loads more confident. would be first fish house rental experience i've ever had.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
youll have a great time!
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Your in good hands, CW. They'll take good care of ya. Not sure if they can make the fish bite though